boarder250    0

Right now I just have the stock midship tanks and was wanting to add a sac to the rear compartment. I was wondering which sac fits good in the rear compartment for sv230's. I do not want to loose too much storage but would like to make the surf wave better. Any help would be awesome. Also if I add just one sac can I use my existing pump?

if you dont want to spend that much money on a enzo sac then i would recomend the 1100 jumbo sac.

you can piggyback it into your already existing pumps.

its probably the cheapest, but slower.

or go with what islander said and just go balls out. :thumbsup::Surfing:

duramat    462

I recommend Doing it right the first time if you can. Go with Islander's suggestion you won't regret it :thumbsup:

I recommend Doing it right the first time if you can. Go with Islander's suggestion you won't regret it :thumbsup:

agreed. just thought i would throw ideas out.

Joe B    17

Just buck up and do it right from the beginning, get Enzo sacs for both sides. This is what the National wakesurf Comp used. You don't need any more ballast except maybe a person up front. (nationals had a blade too-big azz wave).

islander033    2
.......(nationals had a blade too-big azz wave).

I am soooo counting on this ^^^ :rolleyes:

Hey Joe, how much weight do you think they had in the bow and what was the blade set at? :drinks:

boarder250    0

I know I am not going to do two enzo sacs because I still want storage space. Would the 1100 jumbo sac fit my rear compartment or would that be too big for it? Does the 750lb fit better?

boarder250    0

I was looking at the rear compartment of my boat the other day and noticed that since I have the sideswipe exhaust I loose some space where the exhaust runs. If I get a big sac for the compartment can I remove the platform that hides the exhaust, or do I have to put a small sac in?

Foiler    1
I know I am not going to do two enzo sacs because I still want storage space. Would the 1100 jumbo sac fit my rear compartment or would that be too big for it? Does the 750lb fit better?

???? Empty sacs don't take much space. Empty hard tanks do. Ditch the tanks and replace with Enzo sacs=more storage space and fat wake!!

Joe B    17

1100lb I don't think fits in an Enzo, it's 50" long.

Many people have sideswipe and Enzo sacs. You'll want a cover on the exhaust, but maybe a smaller one. Not sure others will chime in.

islander: not much in the bow 200-400lb depending on the crew, and you can try with none and have them sit forward. At the surf comp, I rode skim style 10.7mph and '2-3' on the blade. The pro surf style had blade all engaged, 12.2mph. The faster they go, the higher they get air (to a point). You can even mess around with adding some ballast on the wrong side. Anyways, those are some numbers to get you started. I usually skim at 11.2mph but the lip of the wave was too vertical and catching if I tried spinning.

WakeDoc    471

I suggest spending the extra $$$ and go with the enzo sac, consider doing the side you ride on the most first and do the other side the following season. The thing to conidere with the Enzo sac is the weight that is forward under the seating area it helps in bringing the bow down to make the pocket longer. IMO if you put an 1100lb. sac in you will need more bow weight which means a sac on the seat in the front, so you loose seating. With the Enzo sac everything is under the seats and out of the way. With the crew deal right now it would be the right time to upgrade no matter what route you go. As fare as the sideswipe, leave it covered water even in a sac is fluid it will conform around the cover, I would get the 90 degree quick connects, mount the drain pump(s) in the engine box with a line to the drain opening on the sac, this will minimize the chance of having something kink or fail do to the sac being against the side swipe cover.

boarder250    0
I suggest spending the extra $$$ and go with the enzo sac, consider doing the side you ride on the most first and do the other side the following season. The thing to conidere with the Enzo sac is the weight that is forward under the seating area it helps in bringing the bow down to make the pocket longer. IMO if you put an 1100lb. sac in you will need more bow weight which means a sac on the seat in the front, so you loose seating. With the Enzo sac everything is under the seats and out of the way. With the crew deal right now it would be the right time to upgrade no matter what route you go. As fare as the sideswipe, leave it covered water even in a sac is fluid it will conform around the cover, I would get the 90 degree quick connects, mount the drain pump(s) in the engine box with a line to the drain opening on the sac, this will minimize the chance of having something kink or fail do to the sac being against the side swipe cover.

How far past the stock midship tank does the enzo sac go. Is it easy to put the enzo sac in, or will I need to do a lot of plumbing. I really want the enzo sac, just trying to decide what to do. Also can I use my existing pump? Thanks.

JP2    5

I am thinking about the crew deal also and have a Enzo 240 with Front Bow tanks and twin mid ships Tanks, I guess I thought the 1100 Jumbo sacs with the current stock tanks would be very close to an Enzo sac in total weight and distribution.

And at $600 lees for 2 enzo sacs vs 2 Jumbos, it seems like a much better deal.

Thoughts????

I just purchased an '06 Avy (with walkthrough transom). The previous owner removed additional Storm II series ballast, and I'm only left with the center ballast. What ballasts do you recommend I add to my Avy to allow me to wake surf (minimum and best case). We have a limited season and likely won't get out until I take a couple weeks vacation and don't want to be left behind on the wake. It does have a wake plate, where should this be set when surfing and when wakeboarding?

Thanks for your help!

:thumbsup:

Bigcatpt    408
I just purchased an '06 Avy (with walkthrough transom). The previous owner removed additional Storm II series ballast, and I'm only left with the center ballast. What ballasts do you recommend I add to my Avy to allow me to wake surf (minimum and best case). We have a limited season and likely won't get out until I take a couple weeks vacation and don't want to be left behind on the wake. It does have a wake plate, where should this be set when surfing and when wakeboarding?

Thanks for your help!

:thumbsup:

There are many ways to do it. This may give you a good start.... http://centurionavalancheballastinstall.blogspot.com/

You'll want to start with at least 1500 lbs of ballast minimum but will largely depend on size of surfer and size of crew. Wake plate up or level for port side surfing, wake plate down for starboard side.

The best option is custom Avy sac from Flying High Pro X. Next best option the jumbo FH sac that is 1100 lbs for the rear locker and then some weight under the seats on surf side and a large sac for the back seat...

There are many ways to do it. This may give you a good start.... http://centurionavalancheballastinstall.blogspot.com/

You'll want to start with at least 1500 lbs of ballast minimum but will largely depend on size of surfer and size of crew. Wake plate up or level for port side surfing, wake plate down for starboard side.

The best option is custom Avy sac from Flying High Pro X. Next best option the jumbo FH sac that is 1100 lbs for the rear locker and then some weight under the seats on surf side and a large sac for the back seat...

Wow, that's impressive. :unworthy: What's going through my mind is, the drain time of 20 minutes would be the longest 20 minutes of my life as a storm approaches me on Lake Okanagan. Well, that and one of the other thousand boats on the lake swamp me when passing by... <_<:help:

I am going to look into the custom Avy sac.

islander033    2
Wow, that's impressive. :unworthy: What's going through my mind is, the drain time of 20 minutes would be the longest 20 minutes of my life as a storm approaches me on Lake Okanagan. Well, that and one of the other thousand boats on the lake swamp me when passing by... :help::help:

I am going to look into the custom Avy sac.

You can continue draining while you are on the trailer if you really had to......obviously not preferred though. <_<

With a wave like Bigcat's it's the other boats than need to worry about getting swamped not you...... <_<