Sign in to follow this  
Daylorb

My Enzo showed up today - needs a little TLC - help!

Daylorb    3

I got the 2005 Enzo SV230 I bought off of ebay. Overall I'd say it is 90% close to the description. They said it had front ballast - it does not... that is definitely not sitting well with me. Besides that, and the stereo being completely unwired/2nd battery wires all removed, it isn't too bad. Couple questions for the gang...

1) The swim deck - it is clear this thing has sat in the sun a bit. Not horrible, but a bit. The black paint on the swim deck is in rough shape. Half of it scraped off, bubbling-up, kind of a mess. I wonder why they would choose black in the first place, but oh well. Any ideas on how to repair it? I'm tempted to completely remove it, and put on some grey or white paint with texture/grip in it.

2) The battery setup. Dual battery - but I can't find a switch anywhere. Does that make sense? There are a number of wires hanging loose around the battery, and if I was a betting man, it looks like they just bridged two batteries together with no perko-style switch. Either that or one battery powered certain things, not others.

3) The tower - the tow ball on the tower is MIA. It is a proflight G-force. I already emailed them - but curious if anyone knows if any other tow-ball would fit.

That is the low-down for now - appreciate any help you guys can offer!

WakeDiva    2
Congrat on the boat!

But I must say...post some pics!

T

TTIUSP.jpg

OMG... I love the attachment! :rofl:

P.S. Daylorb - Congrats on your new boat!

enzo101mo    98

Congrats on your new ride and ya let see those pics. I have a 2005 Enzo 230 with the proflight tower and Teak wood swimn platform. If you can fine a furniture refinisher have him dip it in there solution tub and that will remove all that paint. Then sand it (if needed) than apply teak oil to it. I teak oil my platform once in the begining of the summer and again after the season.

Your batterey sounds like they have one just for the boat and the other for the stereo but should have a switch. Sounds like you have to do some rewiring. I power everything to each Battery with a Perko switch.

Daylorb    3
Congrats on your new ride and ya let see those pics. I have a 2005 Enzo 230 with the proflight tower and Teak wood swimn platform. If you can fine a furniture refinisher have him dip it in there solution tub and that will remove all that paint. Then sand it (if needed) than apply teak oil to it. I teak oil my platform once in the begining of the summer and again after the season.

Your batterey sounds like they have one just for the boat and the other for the stereo but should have a switch. Sounds like you have to do some rewiring. I power everything to each Battery with a Perko switch.

Mine is the fiberglass platform for better or worse. I have had perko's in both boats before this - could be that there is one I am just not seeing yet - but I couldn't locate it the other day. Kind of a pain that there are wires everywhere. Here are some pics: http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/974/photos/508790#36.jpg

Oldwakedude    0
Congrat on the boat!

But I must say...post some pics!

T

post-533-1269574107_thumb.jpg

Man, That is one scary bunch! :wallbash:

Bongo Fury    640

Congrats on the new boat......There are some threads on this site about the black swim platforms. The black swim step on my 08 Falcon kept smudging and we were tracking black into the boat. We are actually replacing the black pad with the new grey pad in a couple of weeks when the boat comes out of winter storage. Maybe you should look into replacing your pad with the grey pads, or some of the others mentioned on the site.

Edited by Bongo Fury

Oldwakedude    0
Mine is the fiberglass platform for better or worse. I have had perko's in both boats before this - could be that there is one I am just not seeing yet - but I couldn't locate it the other day. Kind of a pain that there are wires everywhere. Here are some pics: http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/974/photos/508790#36.jpg

Beautiful boat :Rockon: . and an Enzo Can't beat it :wallbash:

Couple of Comments:

Looks like you have the VM trailer with the single leaf springs. If this is true you may want to consider having them swapped out with three leaf. My last boat, an Elite V had that trailer and after breaking two springs (different occasions) and a $400 tow (semi to haul boat and trailer) I had them changed. It was pretty cheap to do (boat was off) at a local trailer repair shop. Note, both time were at highway speeds hitting pot-holes on the sadly maintained I-5 in southern Cal

Not sure about you swim step being painted. All the ones I have seen have the rubber on them, Looking at the pics I am wondering if someone tore off the pad and what is left is the glue. There is a thread here on CCC talking about replacement rubber pads, might be what you need.

Wiring looks pretty sad :crybaby: and it looks like you might need some new amps and sterio gear :whistle: . If you do think about just dumping the head unit, put in wet sounds amps to drive the speakers and a ws420. That will give you excellent control, a mike to use the tower speakers for PA and an audio port for your Ipod, what more do you need? I like the red speakers cans.

Really nice boat, enjoy, hopefully we'll see you at a Texas Surf event all spruced up :Surfing:

enzo101mo    98

Hey great looking boat. I saw a ad in boating life mag. a few months back about a company called Seadeck and they have this rubbery material you can put on your swimn platform. A matter of fact they showed the ad doing an Enzo platform. So check it out at [b]ww.seadek.com[/b]

WakeDoc    471
1) The swim deck - it is clear this thing has sat in the sun a bit. Not horrible, but a bit. The black paint on the swim deck is in rough shape. Half of it scraped off, bubbling-up, kind of a mess. I wonder why they would choose black in the first place, but oh well. Any ideas on how to repair it? I'm tempted to completely remove it, and put on some grey or white paint with texture/grip in it.

To bad you just missed out on the SeaDek Crew Deal.

Enzo101    0

Congrats on the boat. I also have a 2005 Enzo. I ordered a black sheet from Seadek and replaced all of the pads in the boat for $140. It turned out great check out their website.

bobback    3
To bad you just missed out on the SeaDek Crew Deal.

That swim deck pad is sweet...they should re-offer for the new members!

Nice boat!

Edited by bobback

Daylorb    3

A PAD!!!! It is so obvious now, but I was searching on swim deck paint - had no idea that was a pad back there. Makes complete sense now - the pad is gone and that is the residue from the glue. Okay - going to check them out.

Thanks a lot - nice way to start the weekend!