volzalum    280

I received/intalled the ACME 1643 today. Plan to test it tomorrow. Here are some pics of it beside the 497 and them both seperate.

Both

post-555-1250733283_thumb.jpg

post-555-1250733299_thumb.jpg

post-555-1250733313_thumb.jpg

Anyone on here have experience with the Acme 1413 (13.5 x 15.5 x 105, 3 blade)?? I just spoke with Jim from Acme about a good replacement for my 537 since I'm usually at about 6000 feet. He recommended a 1579 or a 1433 (slightly larger diameter) but also mentioned that he has been hearing some possibly good things about the 1413. He said it is a 3 blade prop but has about the same surface area as a 4 blade. He was saying that he has heard rumors of guys liking the 1413 over the similar 4 blade props on centurions. He said the rumor was that it affected the surf wave in a good way, gave it a better shape. He said he'd cut me a deal on a prop if I'd be willing to demo both the 1579 (or 1433) and compare it to the 1413 then call him back with some results. So anyone running the 1413? Jim said that as of two weeks ago he wouldn't have even recommended that prop but is now hearing good things about it for surfing but doesn't have enough feedback to say for sure that it produces a better wake.

My wife will probably be having her baby in the next week and I'm also not an expert at surf waves yet. So are any of the Utahns on here up for trying the 1413 out? We'll have 30 days if I pull the trigger. Scheduling may be a bit difficult with the new baby but I might be willing to work something out if someone wants to borrow the prop for a day. Duramat, BigCat, etc? Might even be able to throw it on your boats and sac it out to compare. I have to convice my wife to allow me to spend the money first though. I think I can convice her with the savings we would get from Acme.

Joe B    17

When we are talking Goofy Surf waves we bring up a great wave at the 08 Nationals by an Avalanche without a blade nor auto wakeplate. The possible key difference was he had a 3-blade prop.

Those same events the prior 2 years, my boat pulled Goofy with a smooth face but had the switchblade to help. I too was running a 3-blade (Acme 425 13x13"). I haven't yet sac'ed out my boat Goofy since I got the new 4-blade that some people say they don't like (Acme 1631). I have that long wakeplate now so I won't get a good comparison of just the prop.

If you're getting a deal, then do it :(

Bigcatpt    408
Anyone on here have experience with the Acme 1413 (13.5 x 15.5 x 105, 3 blade)?? I just spoke with Jim from Acme about a good replacement for my 537 since I'm usually at about 6000 feet. He recommended a 1579 or a 1433 (slightly larger diameter) but also mentioned that he has been hearing some possibly good things about the 1413. He said it is a 3 blade prop but has about the same surface area as a 4 blade. He was saying that he has heard rumors of guys liking the 1413 over the similar 4 blade props on centurions. He said the rumor was that it affected the surf wave in a good way, gave it a better shape. He said he'd cut me a deal on a prop if I'd be willing to demo both the 1579 (or 1433) and compare it to the 1413 then call him back with some results. So anyone running the 1413? Jim said that as of two weeks ago he wouldn't have even recommended that prop but is now hearing good things about it for surfing but doesn't have enough feedback to say for sure that it produces a better wake.

My wife will probably be having her baby in the next week and I'm also not an expert at surf waves yet. So are any of the Utahns on here up for trying the 1413 out? We'll have 30 days if I pull the trigger. Scheduling may be a bit difficult with the new baby but I might be willing to work something out if someone wants to borrow the prop for a day. Duramat, BigCat, etc? Might even be able to throw it on your boats and sac it out to compare. I have to convice my wife to allow me to spend the money first though. I think I can convice her with the savings we would get from Acme.

Sounds like a good deal. I would not be able to benefit from that prop though. With the older Avy's and the tranny gearing they need a much steeper pitch prop at this elevation. I am currently running the 653 which is an 11.5 pitch prop and thinking abouit going to the 911 which is a 10.5 pitch. I would love to come be one of the demo crew on your or dura's boat when you go. My schedule has just been nuts lately though.

volzalum    280

Finally getting around to reporting on my test of the new Acme 1643 prop. Wow, it seems like a new boat. Where I used to have to use the trim tab to help it get on plane, now even fully loaded and ballasted out, the trim tab is not needed. The boat feels way more responsive. You barely have to give it throttle to take off, its holds wakeboarding and wake surfing speeds much better too. The pp went from 2 mph fluctuation to about .4 mph fluctuations. Definitely worth the money.

Edited by volzalum

Kyle    0

I know this thread is a little old, but i also see it has been active for the better part of a year too.

So, I've got a 3 blade, on the hub it is stamped 491, am i misreading this?Is it reallya 497? but i think the 497 is a four blade right? prop says 491-13x12.625. Anyone got any ideas what i've got and/ or suggestions for something with a little more hole shot?

thanks for any advice. I have really gotten an education reading these threads. My 16 year old still thinks i'm dumb as a rock though.

LakeSurfer    10

Kyle - I run the same prop (1643) that Volz is running. It has been a huge improvement over the stock prop and I have observed the same characteristics as Volz as well. A new prop is definitely worth the money. To be honest, I would call ACME directly, tell them what you use the boat for, elevation, etc and they will suggest the best prop.

FYI - I surf with about 2,500lbs plus small crew.

islander033    2
I know this thread is a little old, but i also see it has been active for the better part of a year too.

So, I've got a 3 blade, on the hub it is stamped 491, am i misreading this?Is it reallya 497? but i think the 497 is a four blade right? prop says 491-13x12.625. Anyone got any ideas what i've got and/ or suggestions for something with a little more hole shot?

thanks for any advice. I have really gotten an education reading these threads. My 16 year old still thinks i'm dumb as a rock though.

The specs that you show are from a Acme 449. Some thing seems to be stamped wrong, one way or the other.

Acme Ski Props Spec Page

islander033    2
Kyle - I run the same prop (1643) .......

What are the specs on the '1643'? I can find it on the list.

LakeSurfer    10
What are the specs on the '1643'? I can find it on the list.

I could not find it on spec list either. I will have to take a look this weekend when I get the boat back from the shop.

duffymahoney    10

Kyle,

What year is your boat? Older boats had a 1:1 tranny so they require a different prop than the newer boats. I have a 2003 Avalanche with a 1:1 tranny and I have used a acme 515, 525, and a 911. The 911 is my favorite and really helps when we are running so much weight!

Dreamer    96

Do you guys find that when you move up a few props (537-1579 or similar) that there is more wash on the surf wave? With the upgraded prop the rpm's are higher and throwing more water up the wake. Does this extra holeshot power not get the boat on plane sooner which works against what we want for surfing?

volzalum    280

Here are the specs for the 1643 and a few others. These are all 4 blade props.

Here is what Acme told me for a 2007 Enzo 216 and Black Scorpion 330:

Acme 497-13.00x17.50VL4 1.125 four blade propeller (Stock) 4800 RPM 46 MPH

Acme 517-13.00X16.00VL4B 1.125 .105 cup four blade propeller 5000 RPM 45 MPH

Acme 1645-13.125X14.25VL4B 1.125 .150 cup four blade propeller 5100 RPM 43 MPH

Acme 1643-13.125X14.25VL4B 1.125 .105 cup four blade propeller 5200 RPM 40 MPH

Each step down will give you a stronger hole shot & holding power

I put the 1643 on mine.

Dreamer, I found the surf wave to be better for my boat. It lowered the nose a little and displaced more water. Mine will over rev the boat now though if I go full throttle.

-Dax

Edited by volzalum

islander033    2
Do you guys find that when you move up a few props (537-1579 or similar) that there is more wash on the surf wave? With the upgraded prop the rpm's are higher and throwing more water up the wake. Does this extra holeshot power not get the boat on plane sooner which works against what we want for surfing?

I didn't notice much difference in wave quality between the 817, 537 or my current 1579 on my Elite V. But this was my first season surfing, so I probably wasn't paying much attention to it either. :)

Kyle    0
What year is your boat? Older boats had a 1:1 tranny so they require a different prop than the newer boats. I have a 2003 Avalanche with a 1:1 tranny and I have used a acme 515, 525, and a 911. The 911 is my favorite and really helps when we are running so much weight!

My boat is an 02, however the motor is an 05. So thanks Duffy, i'll remember that when I inquire on the new prop.

As for the improved holeshot hurting me with the surfing wave, maybe i'm saying it wrong. It seems like i'm getting drowned before board and I get up on the water. That is what i refer to as hole shot, not neccessarily the boat getting up on plane.

forgot to mention that wot runs about 43mph. I'm not sacked out yet so i'm still pretty light, bout 3800lbs.

Dreamer    96

Has anyone tried fitting a 14" prop to their enzo? I spoke with Bill at Acme and he seems to think the 1433 prop I run on my Supra will work on an enzo. You need only 0.5" clearance to the from the prop to the hull.

WakeDoc    471
Has anyone tried fitting a 14" prop to their enzo? I spoke with Bill at Acme and he seems to think the 1433 prop I run on my Supra will work on an enzo. You need only 0.5" clearance to the from the prop to the hull.

I have heard you can but, it will burn the gel coat over time. Why not just have it cut down to a 13.5?

Kyle    0
You will loose some top end. With my 911 I can go about 35 or so. What engine does your boat have? How much weight are you running?

It is a "Scorpion 350 ski mag" according to the dealer when he checked the serial number. I think it runs about 320 hp.

I haven't sacked it out yet but hope to start out about 2000-2500lbs. Still working on this.

Dreamer    96
I have heard you can but, it will burn the gel coat over time. Why not just have it cut down to a 13.5?

Good idea. I found a local company that will cut it down and rebalance it for me.