tgaugh    2

LOL :)

Islander, when you're used to 10, 40+ is hauling the mail!!!!

islander033    2
LOL :rofl:

Islander, when you're used to 10, 40+ is hauling the mail!!!!

No doubt it was hauling compared to what you're used to.

I would have been scared too, if I was you....lol.

wakeywakey    0

I am at 6000-7000 feet.

06 Avalanche Blk Scrpn 330

With EFI does altitude affect prop?

If so, which way?

islander033    2
I am at 6000-7000 feet.

06 Avalanche Blk Scrpn 330

With EFI does altitude affect prop?

If so, which way?

More altitude = less engine power, less engine power = the 'more' prop you will need to compensate.

Example: at sea level a 16 pitch Acme 537 might give you 'X' amount of performance. You goto 7000ft and you might need a 14.25 pitch Acme 1579 to keep the same level of performance, but you lose top speed with this adjustment.

So infact, the altitude has nothing to do with your prop but it has everything to do with engine performance.

jquick    0

falcon V with 330 black scorpion motor using an acme 497 13 x 17.50. anyone have other suggestions for good holeshot but not too bad on the top end?

AK_ENZO    0

Just wanted to get a last opinion on this. There are lots of numbers and ideas floating around. I am going to purchase a new prop for my 2008 Enzo 230 and I think I have settled on the 1579. Am I going to have to worry about hitting the rev limiter? Is this the best choice. If not what is better? I am at sea level and am currently running about 2000 lbs of ballast. I am not to worried about losing a few MPH's at the top end as long as the hole shot improves and we aren't losing a ton at the top.

tgaugh    2

Which engine do you have?

You should be fine with the 1579 on that boat, I don't think you can find a better option with the diameter limitations of the Enzo.

AK_ENZO    0

Sorry forgot to add that I have the Scorpion 330. so it sounds like the 1579 is my best bet?

I have the 230 Enzo with 340 HP and I run the Acme 1469. Works great but you do have to watch the rpm's

Packrat    13

I know we have discussed a lot about different types of props but I was wondering what was the optimal rpm for surfing (and why) I know this will vary greatly depending on factors like weight, prop, speed, ect.. but say for a SV230 with the standard 330 hp Scorpion what would be the average rpms say at about 11 or 12 or maybe 13 mph?

I know Loc did some tests with a prop but I never saw the rpm ratings for his use of the 1579 which is being talked about alot.

Thanks all.

tgaugh    2

Packrat, you're right. I need a calm day to capture the 1579, the water conditions alter the test.

There isn't a optimal RPM though, I know last week we were rode north and south and a different rpms in both directions.

bcollins    18

Hey guys, sorry to hijack but I am in the process of switching to an acme 525 and was wondering what I should expect, in general, in regards to RPMs, speed, etc. I understand the RPMs will increase and the speed will likely decrease...but how much. I just don't want to get out there and start freaking out if I can't go over 30 mph, I never do but you get the point, or if the RPMs start jumping way up at slow/moderate speeds...unless warranted of course.

My current prop is a 13 x 12.5 and my new one is 13 x 11.5, both are 3 blade props. Not sure what going from a 12.5 pitch to a 11.5 will do other then give me a much better hole shot. The 12.5 worked and was great for top end speed but I don't drive fast and I would like to run more weight when I board...not alot, just some.

Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

steedracer    0

Here were my comments about switching from a 515 to a 525 on our 350 MAG:

Originally, our Enzo SV230 with 350 MAG came with an ACME 515 3-blade. After I whacked our trailer bunk with it real good one night (trailer was in too deep) during our first month with the boat, it was time to talk to ACME about the next prop (though they did repair the 515, which I now carry as a weekend saver in the boat). The new prop suggested (based on only the 500 lbs. of ballast or so we running at the time in our Enzo 230) was a Acme 525 3-blade (purchased from Delta propeller). I noticed a better hole shot and improved performance all the way around, with little noticeable difference in top end. We are into our third season with that prop, and now that we are carrying upwards of 2000 lbs. of ballast :D , I am wondering if I need to change yet again. Hole shot could be improved (as well as Perfect Pass rebound), but once I added the 500 lbs. up front (which better aligns the prop angle for forward motion rather than upwards motion), it really isn't all that bad. Since I don't have the Black Max (I wish), I don't know how much more pitch the 350 MAG can handle (duh?). Hope that helps.

bcollins    18

Thanks racer, that's great to hear. Looking forward to the new prop. I'm not running anything remotely close to what you are in weight, at least while boarding (running upwards of 1400+ when I surf), so I don't think I'll ever need to repitch but its good to know it can handle it if I, more likely the kids & nephews, decide to take it up a notch with the ballast. While I don't normally drive faster then 30mph, it's also nice to know I shouldn't expect to lose much on the top end just in case I get the itch to get it up there in the mid 30s...whatch out.

Bigshow    0

Answering Packrat from another thread.

I bought my Enzo 230 used. It came with a ACME 497. I think that the 497 is a reasonably good match. When I first got my Enzo we played with a lot of ballast configurations. There were a few where we put two 750s in the back locker, willed the stock midship and put 400s under the bench and in the bow. Two 750s in the back locker was too much. The boat really had a hard time running with all the weight in the back.

Later I bought a 1631. I also got a better idea of what ballast configuration I liked too. Now I only use one 750 in the locker, the midship tank, and a 750 under the bench. My guess is this config is close to an Enzo sack. With this much weight the 497 worked well. I really haven't stressed the 1631 like I did in the early days. The 1631 is OK but I think I could hit the rev limiter if I ran unloaded. I'm not sure I'd go with a 1631 again. If I had a Switch Blade or used more weight

I did run for about a week with my spare 515 from my '04 Lightning. The 515 is not at all good for an '06 Enzo. I think in '04 and '05 Enzos came with 515s. They must have had a different gear ratio. With the 515 the top end is super low and it’s too easy to hit the rev limit.

Edited by Bigshow

AK_ENZO    0

I just ordered the 1579 and am looking foreward to giving a report on how it works out. I currently have two 250lb hard tanks in the rear and also the two 250lb hard tanks midship. This weekend I am going to be adding 2 750lb fatsacks in the rear in place of the two standard hard tanks and keep the two midship tanks in place. I am hoping this prop will have enough power for all that weight. Hopefully I will get out this weekend or early next week for a test run. I'll report back with results.

Answering Packrat from another thread.

I bought my Enzo 230 used. It came with a ACME 497. I think that the 497 is a reasonably good match. When I first got my Enzo we played with a lot of ballast configurations. There were a few where we put two 750s in the back locker, willed the stock midship and put 400s under the bench and in the bow. Two 750s in the back locker was too much. The boat really had a hard time running with all the weight in the back.

Later I bought a 1631. I also got a better idea of what ballast configuration I liked too. Now I only use one. My guess is this config is close to an Enzo sack. With this much weight the 497 worked well. I really haven't stressed the 1631 like I did in the early days. The 1631 is OK but I think I could hit the rev limiter if I ran unloaded. I'm not sure I'd go with a 1631 again. If I had a Switch Blade or used more weight

I did run for about a week with my spare 515 from my '04 Lightning. The 515 is not at all good for an '06 Enzo. I think in '04 and '05 Enzos came with 515s. They must have had a different gear ratio. With the 515 the top end is super low and it’s too easy to hit the rev limit.

Show, when you say you are running the 750 in the locker, the midship tank, and a 750 under the bench, are you putting the (750 under the bench) under the observer seat or main storage under the glove box?

I just ordered the 1579 and am looking foreward to giving a report on how it works out. I currently have two 250lb hard tanks in the rear and also the two 250lb hard tanks midship. This weekend I am going to be adding 2 750lb fatsacks in the rear in place of the two standard hard tanks and keep the two midship tanks in place. I am hoping this prop will have enough power for all that weight. Hopefully I will get out this weekend or early next week for a test run. I'll report back with results.

AK, the 1579 is the best prop for the 230 and 240 for the time being. I'm running the 1465 on my 230 with heavy weight and it works great but I talked to my Acme the other day and they are no longer making the 1465. I have two that I will keep until I trash them and then I will got to the 1579. There is very little difference between the two. Let us know what you think.

Packrat    13

I have the 857 on my boat now which I swapped out from the 537. The 537 struggled with the Enzo sack when my dealer took it for a test drive. Haven't had a chance to try the 857 but I am wondering if I should not use it and go directly to the 1579?

I was planning on getting a 1579 but didn't know if it would still be acceptable for wakeboarding and Hydrofoiling. I am at Sea Level with the SV230 w/330 hp Mercruiser.

Any suggestions as to how to properly compare the two or what to look for other than just hitting the rev limiter?

Packrat, I think I would go for the 1579.

857-13.25/15.50 .060(cup)

1579-13.5/14.25 .105(cup)

The 1579 has a larger surface area and will have more bite. You will have a little better top end on the 857 but I don't think it will be that much difference.

1579-My .02

islander033    2
...... I'm running the 1465 on my 230 with heavy weight and it works great but I talked to my Acme the other day and they are no longer making the 1465. I have two that I will keep until I trash them and then I will got to the 1579. There is very little difference between the two. Let us know what you think.

1465 13.50 14.25 .105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH

1579 13.50 14.25 .105 cup 4 1 1/8" LH

So what is the difference between these 2 props anyways???