h20king

falcon v switchblade install

h20king    794

joe if the boat drives fine without the blade I would say that the blade needs tuned it is a second rudder.If you look at your blade it is beveled on one side this is the factory's attempt to tune the blade might just need a little fine tuning ill let you know how the boat drives as soon as I can get her wet if tuning is required Ill post a thread and pics of how to.Thanks for the heads up was going to drop the blade off to be polished to day but will weight to see how it drives in case I have to tune the blade

Enzomatic    1

Do you know about how much it is to have polished?(stainless) I have to take mine off (mount and blade) for some adjusting and thought it would be a good time to get it polished.

Edited by Enzomatic

Spud    7

I know... PP is a must.

h20king    794
post-777-1266875821_thumb.jpgjust an update gauge and switches are in working on wiring everything up compass is on order to fill last hole :spiteful:

Spud    7

I don't even want to look at panel now, thanks h !

h20king    794

picture of my dash is always the most downloaded pic when I post it and no-one has ever asked or said anything about the throttle nob??? I think it rocks

Spud    7

That was the first thing I noticed back in the older pics. Now that you brought it up, I am sure there will be a throttle nob competition now because I am working on it.

h20king    794

INSTALL IS DONE.......everything is wired and functional I put a richie compass in the last opening to make everything look symmetrical here are a couple pics of the finished dash with blade controls let me know what you think.. :wallbash::thumbsup:post-777-1267227992_thumb.jpgpost-777-1267228001_thumb.jpgpost-777-1267228017_thumb.jpg[atta

chment=4011:016.JPG]

post-777-1267228028_thumb.jpg

Spud    7

Nice throttle nob !

Packrat    13

Very clean install. Looks factory. Bet you can't wait to try it. I too like the throttle knob any idea where I might be able to get one?

h20king    794

If I remember right I bought it from discount inboard marine it is one of there wood throttle nobs each one is different because of the grain of the wood and each has a slightly different shape

Carter13    69

Looks good.

h20king    794

The finishing touch a switchblade cover thanks to PACKRAT you the MAN...this case is nicer than some of my gun cases heavy zippers a Carry handle this thing is awesome and built to last once again thanks packrat I think this case puts the falcon over the top :unworthy::unworthy:post-777-1267576520_thumb.jpgpost-777-1267576527_thumb.jpgpost-777-1267576539_thumb.jpg

Packrat    13

Yes the covers work well. quadjeff has one too on his SV230. Cory from Evolution Covers makes them.

The newest model has a pocket big enough to carry the tools to take the switchblade on and off as well as a sling to carry it in front of you so it's not so heavy.

Also the bottom is padded too. Nice stitching and zippers.

Carter13    69

Cory is the man. That cover looks awesome. :unworthy:

kskinner    1

is the one you bought the one on ebay from 'GreatLakesSkipper' for 2k? Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...atchlink:top:en

just bought a 2008 avalanche and saw this one on ebay, much cheaper than dealer or even direct from switchblade factory, just wondered if it was the same.

Also, did you have to remove anything in the engine area to drill and install the mounting or backing plates?

h20king    794

yep same kit you have to move the muffler so you can get back there and work.You also have to remove the factory manual wake plate standoffs they are the correct height and spacing for the bottom two switchblade mount bolts you just have to open them up to 1/2" hole easy install also plan on welding on studs to the switchblade mount or tapping holes for the wake plate standoffs

kskinner    1
yep same kit you have to move the muffler so you can get back there and work.You also have to remove the factory manual wake plate standoffs they are the correct height and spacing for the bottom two switchblade mount bolts you just have to open them up to 1/2" hole easy install also plan on welding on studs to the switchblade mount or tapping holes for the wake plate standoffs

Awesome, thanks for the info. do you like the toggle setup with the faria gauge compared to the quicklaunch setup with the lights that is on the newest edition?

kskinner    1
post-777-1266267837_thumb.jpgthe blade came today cant wait to get started.It's no secret my brother owns a marine repair shop so most of my parts I get at dealer pricing.I had my brother check in to becoming a dealer so I could have the aluminum blade.dealer price was good but E-bay was better enough better that i bought off them and settled with the stainless blade.To my surprise when I opened the box I liked the E-bay kit better it is the 07 model and in my opinion has a better read out system the blade has a gauge to show position instead of an led readout also there are three switches that match the factory ones perfect.the dash has room for three switches and two gauges so those are the openings I will be using I will probably install a compass in the extra hole so everything looks symmetrical.here are a couple pics of the goods I will follow up with more pics as I make progress

I used to live in the portland area (forest grove)...i'm betting that's hagg lake?

h20king    794

sorry its the Columbia up past washougal I like the guage seems to match the boat better and fills all the holes