jaxcenturion

Centurion Boats on the news

The link that was posted to the news clip of centurion bringing back employees...The clip shows an Epic & what looks to be a MB sports boat in the centurion facility being built....Did i miss something or see it incorrectly, or since when did centurion start to produce those boats....Might be a dumb question but just wondering

WakeDoc    471

I take it you are talking about the video link in this thread, Centurion On ABC TV?

Seems like at one time Fineline produced some other brands of boats?

duramat    462

I believe supreme as well. It's considered the little brother

Fineline in Merced currently builds the full line of Centurion Boats and some of the Gekko Boats that they own as well. They started building the Epic Boats in the summer of 2008. In the past they also build Supremes, but they are owned by Kal Kustom and when Fineline and Kal Kustom separated there business arrangement Kal Kustom took Supreme to another company to be built. They have never built MB's. I saw Epics, Centurions and what looked like a Supreme to me in that photo. I was told that they where doing some warranty and service work keeping the supervisors working while the plant was not producing new boats for the last months. So there may have been some other brands in their for all we know.

Even further back in the past they built the first 3 years of Tige's boats until Tige build there factory in Texas. They have also build some other brands of boats over the years for other customers. What they have told me is that it allows them to manufacture more boats and be able to purchase materials and supplies in larger quantities and save on cost of those materials.

I hope this helps you all out on that question.

I sure can not wait for this 20 degree weather to go away so we can get back on the water!

Spud    7

Well that's great news!! That Kal Kustoms was bad and already you can see a huge change in the quality of Centurion's product. Hopefully things work out for the best. I was at the Merced W-house recently and they were saying they should have a new look soon as far as dealers and product and seperating from Kal Kustoms. Just in my town we had 3 boat dealers close their doors, and what had a total lake town image, we have an empty lake and nowhere to buy accessories.

duramat    462

That's awesome!!

Maybe I should call in a camera crew where my boat is to get my warranty issues resolved too. :laughing:

Well that's great news!! That Kal Kustoms was bad and already you can see a huge change in the quality of Centurion's product. Hopefully things work out for the best. I was at the Merced W-house recently and they were saying they should have a new look soon as far as dealers and product and seperating from Kal Kustoms. Just in my town we had 3 boat dealers close their doors, and what had a total lake town image, we have an empty lake and nowhere to buy accessories.

I worked for one of those dealers!!!

I saw that coming 2 years ago

Kal was a sweet move, that guy is hard to deal with

enzo101mo    98

Wakdoc: Thanks for sharing the news with us, That's great news I was Centurion Factory in Merced back in May and they were down 100 people. I was talking to a worker and he told me that they were down to 35 employees. As Spud said we only have one boat dealer in the Paso Robles area. VS Marine in Atascadero has lost of toys and accessories and nice guys over their.

Hey Spud it's Raining hard and I think the lake will be close to full buy summer