Troy    234

Well it is offical! We have our new Avalanche!

Just getting ready to leave the dealership headed for the house. Sorry we forgot our camera so the pic is done with my cell phone.

IMG00069.jpg

Here is a pic when we got home. It was dark by the time we got home.

100_7093.jpg

Tight fit into the shop but we do have about 4-5 inches in front of the boat so I can atleast lock the door on both sides and still get by the bow of the boat. LOL

100_7097.jpg

Planning to take the boat out Sunday for Charlie to show us how to load and unload the boat (first inboard) and to put some hours on the boat. I didn't know until today I have to "break in the engine" for at least 10 hours before any boarding or anything. Hell last year we used our boat 50 hours and that was a lot for us, so to put 10 hours on her before any watersports is going to be tough. Glad the water is too cold to get in.

islander033    2

Once again congrats :thumbdown: !!!

What were you using the floor jack for?

Carter13    69

Looks great.

X2 on why the floor jack?

elc    2

awesome. congrats!

MANDC    0

im jealous. I love those colors.

Troy    234

LOL. Well the Floor jack is to get the tongue of the trailer off the truck. the way the driveway is, it is about 10 inches lower than the shop so I have to use the floor jack to raise the trailer up off the truck. a Pain in the rear but at least the boat is in the shop and not the weather.

Thanks again!

islander033    2
LOL. Well the Floor jack is to get the tongue of the trailer off the truck. the way the driveway is, it is about 10 inches lower than the shop so I have to use the floor jack to raise the trailer up off the truck. a Pain in the rear but at least the boat is in the shop and not the weather.

Thanks again!

Look into a hitch with a bigger drop on it. Just watch your trailer angle, you don't want it much off level when towing.

OR

Build some sort of wood block that you can use as a trailer jack extention, if you only have this problem in your carhold, otherwise see above.

Edited by islander033

Troy    234
Look into a hitch with a bigger drop on it. Just watch your trailer angle, you don't want it much off level when towing.

OR

Build some sort of wood block that you can use as a trailer jack extention, if you only have this problem in your carhold, otherwise see above.

Thanks for the thought but the Shop is Higher than the drive way. The truck is so much lower than the shop floor that the trailers spare tire is almost dragging the shop floor when the boat finally gets into the shop. And I can't get a higher rise on the hitch because I already have to put a 2x12 under the trailers tires at the bottom of the ramp into the shop so the back of the trailer will clear the shop floor. What I did sometimes with our old boat was put ramps under the truck tires and back up the ramps which raised up the back of the truck to allow us to flip down the trailer jack. The floor jack is just the easiest way to get the boat off the truck. LOL. Hope this makes some sence, I am so tired while typing this. LOL.

Troy    234

Does anyone have problems with me posting pictures like this? I notice a lot of people post up the link to their CC photoalbum. Then you have to click on the small pic to see the full size pic. I rather see the full size pic without having to do anything else. If anyone has a problem with this way of posting pics please let me know and I will stop.

But anyway here are some pics from our first day out. We put 3 hours of the 10 needed to "Break-in" in the motor. It was cold out today (for us anyway), it was about 50 Degrees.

100_7098.jpg

100_7103.jpg

100_7108.jpg

100_7113.jpg

100_7119.jpg

100_7118.jpg

I love the new boat! It handled the rough water very well. The wind was strong and the water was rough! But we had a great time! Thanks again Charlie for showing us Lake Lewisville!

elc    2

looks even better on the water.

Carter13    69

I love it in the sun, very clean looking boat.

You will find the AVY will hadle the chop really well.

Enjoy the new year. :surfing2:

Edited by Carter13

WakeDoc    471

Nothing but, SMILES...Congrats again, great looking boat... :surfing2:

enzo101mo    98

Hey troy Just started reading about your new boat and was on the edge of my seat wandering what was going to happen. Congrats :surfing2: on that beautiful avy. you, your family and friends enjoy it. I also like the way you have the pictures and agree it's alot better than clicking and waiting for the pic. to show up. Congrats again and welcome to centurion Family :clapping:

duramat    462

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BOAT!! beautiful looking!!

Troy    234

Well it is official. We put the Numbers on the boat and Plate on the trailer. Now we just need some warmer weather so we can take her back out on the water.

Kyle    0

I'm curious, did you just copy and paste the pictures to the message board? is that how you posted them?

LakeSurfer    10
I'm curious, did you just copy and paste the pictures to the message board? is that how you posted them?

PM the CrewAdmin. There was a link on here that showed you how to "shrink" your pictures. I believe that have to be smaller than 1 MB. Once you have them under 1MB, you can Browse... then UPLOAD them (find this right under the box you type in when you are posting). I also believe there is a space limit, which you can increase by buying a membership.

Troy    234

I just linked them to my Photobucket site. On Photobucket there is a "Share this image" box that has "IMG Code" I copy and paste that into the "Fast Reply" box on here and the Image shows up. That is how I post images on all the forums that I belong to. Hope this helps.