06avalanche    0

Hi guys I’m sorry since I’m sure this has been brought up before but I can’t find it.  I have an 06 centurion avalanche with the walk thru. I love the surfing so far on it.  I have it pretty much listed to the rub rail on port side. Port rear locker full to where I can barely close latch and port seats have long bag full underneath and center tank full plus I’ll throw some in a bag up front with some lead weight moved around depending on crew.  I was wanting to try and even the boat out on weight and put like a NautiCurl on starboard side to make it a little safer and easier to drive but still want a great surf wave.  Do you guys just fill a bag under the walk thru and another on top of that and keep the same set up as I have???  Thanks a bunch in advance 

Ohsoslow    19

I have an 03 avy. I have a 580 in walk through, 400 on top of it, 750 in port locker, 400 in middle of rear seat, and 2 more 400’s I can use if needed depending on passengers. I built my own surf gate out of 3/4” plastic and suction cup handle from harbor freight. My boat rides level. Just put gate on opposite side your surfing. Works out great for me since 1 of my buddies is a lefty. Great push, clean wave. Running about 10mph. As most will tell you it’s all a game of moving weight to get the wave how you like it. If I remember it may be 1100# bag that fills port locker and under seat. Oh, I also fill the factory center tank. The gate made the biggest single improvement on my boat. Hope this helps. 

06avalanche    0

Ok thanks.  So I’ll have to buy a 580 bag for under walk through and a 400 bag to throw on top. Thanks for advice. Time to do some shopping!

06avalanche    0

Did u upgrade the prop?  I think mine is stock it says 537 13.5x16 v L 1 1/8 it looks like. 4 blade 

Ohsoslow    19

I’m running the acme 579 prop. Have run the 911 too but the 579 was a better switch between wake and surf for me. Just make sure when you fill the port side bag to try your best to level the boat out. Move people around the boat to help clean up the wave of needed. Also vary your speed some. Don’t get discouraged if it’s not perfect at first. It took me a couple hours to get mine all lined out. 

Ohsoslow    19

I’m sry, I just checked my walk thru bag. It’s a 370 not 580. Was thinking about bag I bought to set on back   I apologize. 

06avalanche    0

lol I’ve been looking for the 580 and couldn’t find it. So it’s 370 lbs under and 400 on top of that?

Ohsoslow    19

Yes. 370 in the locker and 400 on top. With the extra weight of you port side bag you may be able to put another 400 in floor behind driver seat and fill as needed. 

Ohsoslow    19

That is the bag I have. 

rhino89523    34

I have some Ghetto sumo sack or something under the walkway, and another big like 800 sumo I fill up over the walkway until it's bulging over the edge. I run one of those bags that runs up under the port side to the observer and fills the locker. I don't fill my center tank because for whatever reason at altitude with a 911 prop it wont push it when the center is full but I can swamp the rear with the other ones and it's fine. I run a homemade gate as well and it works sweet. I usually have enough people to keep the bow down but have another 800 I can fill if needed. I personally need it with a little bow high attitude to stay engaged, I weigh like 260 and am 6'4"....my kids I can run it without even having a bag full, no gate, just whatever and they can surf in another time zone.