Timr71

The Official Tru-Trac [I, II, III] & Falcon Thread

Timr71    4

We talked about this in the "Older Centurion" thread.  

Do you have a Tru-Trac or a Falcon?  If yes, post a pic or multiple pics of it here.  Have a good work around or modification, post it here.  Questions?  Post them here.

I have some old brochures, I'll post them up this evening.

Here's a pic of my 1993 open bow Falcon.  

Centurion.jpg

• Like 1

h20king    766

post-777-0-99319500-1422585808_thumb.jpgpost-777-0-92593800-1422585691_thumb.jpgpics of our 84 tru trac from back in the day

• Like 2

quick question for the falcon thread what size packing for the stuffing box for the drive shaft   93 falcon open bow with 351 dd

Timr71    4

It should be a 1 inch shaft for diameter and I believe that goes with 1/4" stuffing.  I just bought some about a year ago.  I think I have some left, but I'm pretty sure it's not labeled.  I just called a local dealer (Supra) and told the parts guy I needed stuffing for a 1 inch shaft and he said, I have what you need.  I went there and picked it up.  

cool i am going to measure the distance from the shaft to the nut (hahahah) and pick up some gtu at west marine

here is another question for the guys with older boats what kind of oil are you running in your 351w engines i run valvoline vr-1 20w 50 but was thinking of switching to royal purple HMX– HIGH MILEAGE SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Nick213

Ordered a  sewlong cover...... hope it's as good as everyone says since there almost double the cost of others.
      · 2 replies
    • luluzer

Winterization tomorrow for this homie. Seemed like the season flew by - let's hope winter does the same. 
      · 0 replies

Guest  »  dittrimd

Just read your message regarding restoring your Barefoot Falcon.  I have a 1991 Barefoot Falcon with exact same floor issues.  I also had to replaced the stringers and am in the process of replacing the floor.  My question is regarding the need to replace the foam.  Like you I have several hundred pounds of saturated foam removed and I am not certain to replace it or leave it without foam.  Do you are anyone know if the foam is necessary for any structural support, or is it just for sound and flotation?
      · 0 replies
    • Nick213

My 08 Avy is for sale
      · 2 replies
    • chenige

Actually it has me thinking of adding something between the seat and fiberglass riser. It may even allow it to rotate?  Hmmmm
      · 0 replies
    • tiffany  »  h20king

I have been told you are the expert in setting up the S238 for a great wave. We have a 2106 s238 with the surf package, our dealer told us to fill up the boat and then use the tabs, but we have figured out the more tab we put in it the less push the wave has.
      How do we best set it up for the best wave with push? We surf regular, our friend surfs goofy and her side seems to always be great, but the regular side not so much.
      Would love to have your set up and any tips you could give. Thanks so much
      · 0 replies
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.