joelmjohnson

New FI23 or used RI237

wheels    151
4 minutes ago, h20king said:

Ya think? I thought it was a fairly civil discussion 

Agreed and at least there was some content. The dead of winter does bring out the boredom, I had to go visit my boat the other day in storage just to get a quick fix next time I will bring a 6 pack :cheers:

Nick213    583
23 minutes ago, h20king said:

Ya think? I thought it was a fairly civil discussion 

I agree, nicely done H.

Edited by Nick213

BoardCo    110

Couple things I will throw in here on the Opti-V hull vs. the original Ri hull - this would also include the FS and SV hulls as well:

The surf wave is pretty similar, just easier to dial in. The wave is not a big reason to go with the Opti-V hull compared to a 16/17 Ri237.

The benefits of the Opti-V hull compared to a 16/17 Ri are the following:

Wakeboard wake - if you wakeboard this one is HUUUUGE. The old Ri hull is decent, the Opti-V hull dishes out one of the best wakeboard wakes at any ability level on the planet.

Fuel economy - A definite improvement

Power - Not a huge impact, but there is a noticeable improvement in hole shot on the Opti-V hull

Driveability - The new hull drives and handles significantly better at both higher and lower speeds.

Ski Wake - Once again, if you ski, the ski wake is noticeably improved.

Things that are just as good on the 16/17 Ri237 compared to the Opti-V Hull:

Rough Water Ride

Hydrofoiling

Tubing

Partying

Barefooting - both are equally terrible for barefooting

Pissing off fishermen

• Like 2

h20king    794

Don t think the 16 should be compared to the 17. The prop shaft angle change made the 17 a better boat. The 16 was a pig it burned through gas ran at super high rpms and at times would struggle to get to speed. The factory is always getting better. 

h20king    794
12 minutes ago, wheels said:

Can’t wait for 2019!

Yep me either I'm sure they will come out with the opti v+ hull and I'll be outdated as well LOL 

carguy79ta    67

i did surf a 16 237 before ordering my 17 257.  what I noticed was the boat handled well fully ballasted and I was impressed. especially coming from the Malibu world.  the 257 obviously handles great and sips fuel.  I actually one time tried to top see if it could plane with 6150 of stock ballast and 1000lead.  with the non surfprop. it planed and I backed off around 28mph.  the motor was working very hard and I prolly shouldnt have pushed it that hard. but in the name of science, there you go.

• Like 1

h20king    794

If I was shopping for a 16 it would be for a FS. 16 was the last year for the FS but the FS in my opinion was the best wake Centurion offered that year. I  went back and forth for over a month trying to decide if I should pick up a New leftover 16 FS44 from freedom marine in Texas, or order a FI 23. We obviously went with the fi. We love our dealer and because we only keep a boat two years we went fi.  If you are considering keeping the boat long term might think about checking to see if they have any left. It's a lot of boat for 96k 

joelmjohnson    13

Thanks for all the discussion guys. We placed an order yesterday for a FI23. Sounds like it should be delivered early April.

FI23_zpsqxxyogej.png

• Like 5

wheels    151

Beautiful boat? Congrats. What options did you get? Did you end up ordering the Down fire?Is that the prop that comes on the fi? 1235?@H20 KING what prop did you get?

Edited by wheels

h20king    794
45 minutes ago, wheels said:

Beautiful boat? Congrats. What options did you get? Did you end up ordering the Down fire?Is that the prop that comes on the fi? 1235?@H20 KING what prop did you get?

Yep that's the same prop we went with.if at high elevation a change to a 14.5 x 13 might be needed. Ask boardco on that one

wheels    151

I just thought I heard that centurion went to all 16” props on all their boats for 18. 

h20king    794
1 hour ago, wheels said:

I just thought I heard that centurion went to all 16” props on all their boats for 18. 

I believe you have to do the engine upgrade to get it

joelmjohnson    13

I'm not sure what prop we will end up with. The dealer is going to order without one so we can try a few different to see what works best for us. 

For options we did most everything but the big ones. No H6 motor or downfire. We also didn't do gaterstep on the floor,  stayed with the snap in for now. (We have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old)

For audio  I'm thinking two rev 10s an amp that can support them and a 12" sub hooked to the stock 800.5. Does anyone know if the Roswell 800.5 amp will drive a sub reasonably well?

wheels    151
11 minutes ago, joelmjohnson said:

I'm not sure what prop we will end up with. The dealer is going to order without one so we can try a few different to see what works best for us. 

For options we did most everything but the big ones. No H6 motor or downfire. We also didn't do gaterstep on the floor,  stayed with the snap in for now. (We have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old)

For audio  I'm thinking two rev 10s an amp that can support them and a 12" sub hooked to the stock 800.5. Does anyone know if the Roswell 800.5 amp will drive a sub reasonably well?

I have the centurion luxury carpet in mine and love it, I’m still a lover of carpet in the boat find it’s more comfortable and looks more finished. I also do not get any smell and it seems to dry out very nicely even on the back side, my Malibu carpet did not and would smell. 

I am running an alpine type r dvc at 2 ohms off the factory 800.5 at 2 ohms which gives it 375w. While it’s okay and much better than factory it’s still not a lot of power. I am running 3 12’s in my boat though so it’s really not a good tell. If you’re gonna use it just make sure you get a sub that you can use at 2 ohms to get all the power you can out of it. 

h20king    794

Already bought the stereo for our fi.the plan is to rip out the Roswell amp and speakers. We are replacing the in boat speakers with wetsounds revo 6.5and installing a wetsounds revo 12hp sub in a custom ported box all powered by a wetsounds sin 6. For the tower we are going with a set of rev 10's on a wetsounds syndx 4. With the other normal stuff like  a WS 420sq and RGB led's 

carguy79ta    67

I had a pair ofrev410s on my Axis, stereo Pac 3 andinboats and sub.  it was jaw dropping awesome .  the downfire will be better once it is tuned. cant beat wet sounds in my opinion 

h20king    794

Just put in a order for a 4'' seat riser from wakeballast.com  will be nice to not have to sit on the bolster anymore. 

h20king    794

Window tint is done lifefourm 9's installed ,trailer lowered and bimini brackets powder coated and installed.  Almost time to bring it home and get started on the stereo install. 

Jake707    171

Yup, Im following your thread on WW, looks dope.  I just troll around on their for the reads and pics, don't think I have ever posted there

Edited by Jake707