xj1514

XJ's Official S238 thread...pictures

xj1514    13
9 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

If you get a hair up your tush...lots of DIY threads on how to make a shaper for like $30-$40 to see how it works. If you like it, you can buy a few decent suck gates for around $200 (Nauticurl and Swell). If it works for your boat, well worth the money IMO

If I slap the boat, I'm just going to order one. Tons out there to choose though, how does one make an educated decision?

DrNate    426

After watching your video, I'm gonna say the board is an issue--it looks slow and unresponsive to me.  In my opinion you're too far back on the board also.  Scoot up a bit and you should be propelled forward toward the boat.    Remember, to speed up, you want to lean forward and toeside on the board.  To slow down, you want to lean back and heelside.  Small corrections, and you'll start to find the sweet spot and get slack in the rope.  Wave looks decent.  Not great, but decent.

• Like 1

xj1514    13
10 minutes ago, DrNate said:

After watching your video, I'm gonna say the board is an issue--it looks slow and unresponsive to me.  In my opinion you're too far back on the board also.  Scoot up a bit and you should be propelled forward toward the boat.    Remember, to speed up, you want to lean forward and toeside on the board.  To slow down, you want to lean back and heelside.  Small corrections, and you'll start to find the sweet spot and get slack in the rope.  Wave looks decent.  Not great, but decent.

I agree on all accounts. Thank you and will try out your suggestions. 

MFaso    56

You don't need the suckgate with this boat, especially with the upgrades you have done with the ballast. Looks like you are on your back foot and pointing the board away from the wave rather than riding your toe edge. I find that leaning on your heels turns out of the wave. Get low with your arms out over the wave like superman and you will feel it push you. :)

Cwazy1    89

I've been waiting to see the video before posting again. 

1. shorten your rope. you're not surfing near the sweet spot on that wave. You're nearly in the curl and that wave's curl is far too small to push you. 

2. your wave is clean and long, but its not at all big. 

3. your new board will float you better, but you need to improve that wave. 

4. you don't need a suck gate, and if I were you, I'd stop throwing more money into and work with what you have now, as you have plenty. 

5. more forward foot weight. 

Few questions for you

1. where is your lead placement now? did you move it to where I suggested in my post on page 1?

Here is what I'm going to recommend. Stop listening to Infinity's setup suggestions. Every boat is different. The way he dials in his boat is COMPLETELY different and irrelevant to how you should setup a 238. (This isn't to be taken negatively, Infinity isn't wrong and is trying to help, but its just not the best way to optimize a 238) I'd 100% trust him on a 244. 

Please just try what I'm going to suggest below for goofy side. Please. 

bow = 0

center = 0 

both QF = full

port pnp= 50

starboard pnp = 100

stinger tab = 20

QS = start at 40 and increase UNTIL you start to see the wave get smaller. It'll be between 40-80

speed = 11.1

Put 200 of lead under EACH CUP HOLDER in the rear lockers. This is important. Put the remainder of your lead on the far aft corner of your bench seat - on the seat.

Have all adults sit on starboard side

• Like 3

NW Vettes    11

So far I agree that suck gate is not needed. Put the settings in that Cwazy1 mentioned. 

InfinitySurf    302

I totally agree and take zero offense. I have never been on a Supreme and know nothing about them...was just trying to help, thot maybe Supreme being a Centurion brand with deep V, perhaps the hulls are similar. These guys would know much more than I on that boat...and many of them have a badass wave just as good as mine, so I will shutup about setup, since you are in good hands with the ones that will know the best since they have done it.

The first thing I noticed in video is exactly what others are mentioning...you are too far back on wave and your nose is pointing up, so too much weight on the back. Bending your knees more will put you more on your toes, so you are riding into the wave and not out of it. Its all constructive, everyone wants to help so next summer, you will be the one coaching the beginners.

xj1514    13
5 hours ago, MFaso said:

You don't need the suckgate with this boat, especially with the upgrades you have done with the ballast. Looks like you are on your back foot and pointing the board away from the wave rather than riding your toe edge. I find that leaning on your heels turns out of the wave. Get low with your arms out over the wave like superman and you will feel it push you. :)

Ya I tried that for a LOOOONG time, it got way boring, so I just started goofing around. I've put so much weight on my front foot the board sunk. I'm going to try the new board and lengthen the wave. Tomorrow will tell. 

Any other tips on cleaning up board swallowing wash on the port side for wakeboarding?

xj1514    13
5 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

and here is what you'll get: a waist high wave thats clean and has lots of push 

Image_uploaded_from_i_OS_3.jpg
photos uploaded

Nice photo. That is super impressive. 

xj1514    13
6 hours ago, Cwazy1 said:

I've been waiting to see the video before posting again. 

1. shorten your rope. you're not surfing near the sweet spot on that wave. You're nearly in the curl and that wave's curl is far too small to push you. 

2. your wave is clean and long, but its not at all big. 

3. your new board will float you better, but you need to improve that wave. 

4. you don't need a suck gate, and if I were you, I'd stop throwing more money into and work with what you have now, as you have plenty. 

5. more forward foot weight. 

Few questions for you

1. where is your lead placement now? did you move it to where I suggested in my post on page 1?

Here is what I'm going to recommend. Stop listening to Infinity's setup suggestions. Every boat is different. The way he dials in his boat is COMPLETELY different and irrelevant to how you should setup a 238. (This isn't to be taken negatively, Infinity isn't wrong and is trying to help, but its just not the best way to optimize a 238) I'd 100% trust him on a 244. 

Please just try what I'm going to suggest below for goofy side. Please. 

bow = 0

center = 0 

both QF = full

port pnp= 50

starboard pnp = 100

stinger tab = 20

QS = start at 40 and increase UNTIL you start to see the wave get smaller. It'll be between 40-80

speed = 11.1

Put 200 of lead under EACH CUP HOLDER in the rear lockers. This is important. Put the remainder of your lead on the far aft corner of your bench seat - on the seat.

Have all adults sit on starboard side

Promise. I will try this. Again. Thank you. 

Yes all the lead was put where you suggested, has since been moved forward a bit farther to try to clean up wakeboard wave, didn't work. 

Edited by xj1514

Fivebar2    176

Another observation is that you are spending too much time on top of the wave. Watch your video and every time you get the rope taught is when you go all the way to the top of the wave. This area should only be used for tricks and then get off. You scrub a lot of speed up there and will fall out the back of the wave. Definitely shorten the rope and get in the sweet spot as others have mentioned. Is there anyone around where you surf that is a high level wake surfer that does lessons. That is money well spent.

Edited by Fivebar2

xj1514    13
1 minute ago, Fivebar2 said:

Another observation is that you are spending too much time on top of the wave. This area should only be used for tricks and then get off. You scrub a lot of speed up there and will fall out the back of the wave. Definitely shorten the rope and get in the sweet spot as others have mentioned. Is there anyone around where you surf that is a high level wake surfer that does lessons. That is money well spent.

I have surfed all the way up to the deck. Usually that's the most push, but way to close for comfort. Like I said, the video is more for the wave, not the riding as I had already given up trying to find the push. 

NW Boat Sports    232

Like others have said. You have to much weight on your back foot. Think of your front foot (right) as the gas and your back foot as the brake. You aren't going to be able to let go of the rope being on the brakes all the time, you need gas!

No offense but that board doesn't look good either.. What kind is it again?

xj1514    13
31 minutes ago, NW Boat Sports said:

Like others have said. You have to much weight on your back foot. Think of your front foot (right) as the gas and your back foot as the brake. You aren't going to be able to let go of the rope being on the brakes all the time, you need gas!

No offense but that board doesn't look good either.. What kind is it again?

Ronix Koal 5'. Seems too small. Taking a much bigger board tomorrow. Also, that video is not me trying to surf. Of all the vids I don't have one of me trying to find the sweet spot, just me tooling around after spending hours trying to ride it with no success. Yes too much weight on front foot, but again not trying at that moment, so video is really kinda useless other than seeing the wave isn't really doing super hot either.  

Honestly with all the issues I've had, cracked fiberglass starboard at tower mount, rear swim platform screws backing out, engine divider blew out even with wakemakers kit, speaker in and out, scratched floor from Supreme not owning a vacuum and leaving fiberglass, piss poor wakeboard wake at slower speeds, completely washed out port wave for wakeboarding, I am less than impressed. 

If I can't sort this out soon, I may punt and try a different brand of boat. Let's be clear, not blaming lack of surfing on boat; that is settings, skill and board. The rest, unacceptable and all summed up im pissed. 

xj1514    13

Here is my wakeboard wake. I tried 0-100 % on bow weight, trim 0-100, rear pnp empty to full, in between, listed both sides, rear quick fills full, bled off each side separately to see if wake would clear up, tried adding weight by moving people around to weight down port side, pnp weight down port side, none worked. Always washed out on portside unless 22 mph or higher and even them niether side is clean enough in my opinion. My 02 Wakesetter had a much better wake for boarding. 

Did i miss a setting? I literally drove for 2 hours trying to figure it out. Nada. 

• Like 1

xj1514    13

The new green foamie is Slooooow. It did give me time to learn a little. Its hard to get up on, but once up very stable and forgiving. I was able to throw the rop on the ronix for 5 seconds, normally i would hold the rope but just for conversation sake i chucked it. 

The wave is Cwazy's setup, with 5 adults on the rear/side. 

I think i need to demo a couple boards before i buy another one, but my dealer doesnt demo yet, so i dont know. I feel if the Koal was bigger i could surf, so neo doomswell sounds like the ticket, but man $$$$$!  I don't regret the foam board, its nice it wont get hurt or hurt the boat, but its too slow. 

xj1514    13

Anyone have the part number for a surf board rack from Supreme? My new green one wont fit the racks.