seattlehd

S238 Upgraded Factory Stereo

seattlehd    9

After getting our new boat last weekend I've been a little disappointed with the factory upgraded stereo. My interior speakers are very muffled and adjusting treble from the deck helps but causes the towers to sound bad. So I decided to check the factory amp settings and found that both of my amps are the new DSP models and can only be tuned/adjusted by a dealer with a special computer. So I have two questions.... First, how does your 2017 model factory stereo sound? And second, does anyone have experience with these new Wetsounds SYN-DX DSP amps and have any idea who can tune them? Thanks guys.

Edit: Just realized I should have posted this in the electronics section. Sorry.

Edited by seattlehd
Mistake

MFaso    56

I just got a 2017 S238. I didn't get the TOWER speakers. My stereo sounds awesome. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the setup on yours. Might want to ask the dealer. Maybe they have another on the lot and you can compare the sound to yours. Mine is perfect. I see no reason to upgrade it. The sound is crisp!

Let us know how it works out. Definitely check with the dealer first to make sure it's working ok.

Cwazy1    89
3 hours ago, MFaso said:

I just got a 2017 S238. I didn't get the TOWER speakers. My stereo sounds awesome. I'm wondering if something is wrong with the setup on yours. Might want to ask the dealer. Maybe they have another on the lot and you can compare the sound to yours. Mine is perfect. I see no reason to upgrade it. The sound is crisp!

Let us know how it works out. Definitely check with the dealer first to make sure it's working ok.

Agree with M here, mine sounds just fine. But of course sound is completely subjective. 

seattlehd    9

I agree Cwazy, sound qualify is subjective.. But our new boat sounds much different than the demo boat we went out on. We LOVED the stereo during our demo and it was (in our opinion) much better than the Axis and Moomba we had demo'd.  On our delivery we turned the stereo up and both looked at each other and said "what's wrong".

Did you get the factory upgrade w/ towers, upgraded interiors, sub and amps? My build sheet doesn't match what I received so I'm wondering if they changed the factory options after my demo.

Cwazy1    89

I did get the upgraded stereo package. In my build sheet it says 

stereo: 4a clarion cm2 bluetooth, am/fm usb stereo with 6 wetsounds WS65B speakins and wetsounds HT-6 Amp

stereo options: concert series 2 paid black wetsounds REV 8 x mount speakers with crosshair grill and amp, 3 pair upgraded 6.5" crosshair grill interior speakers and a 12" sub with amp. 

The amps you referenced, the SYN DX, are the same ones I have in my boat. I believe I have a DX4 for the towers and a DX6 for sub+interior.

Did the boat you demo have the upgraded package? And did you spec the same package in your boat? 

If that was the case and the sound is significantly different, it really could just be a tuning thing. I'd call your dealer and see if they have the tool to tune it. You're also able to call wetsounds directly. They do pickup the phone every time. 

seattlehd    9

Looks like we got the same option and description on our build sheets. I got the DX6 and a DX2 for the towers. My interiors were also upgraded to Revo 6's which is why I'm suprised they sound muffled like they have a beach towel over them. That should be a tuning problem.

I think you and I have the same dealer and I'm almost positive they don't have the ability to tune these since the factory hadn't even provided them manuals or model numbers for the equipment when I talked to them about it. But, our sales guy has been great and I'm sure he'll help us figure it out.

Have you taken the tweeter off one of the Revo's to see if it has led's? I believe that all of the direct to consumer Revo's have led integrated, I'm hoping we have them and Supreme just didn't hook it up.

truekaotik    458

All Revos have LEDs, they didn't hook them up. If your dealer couldntlook at the product and tell you what it was I would be worried about their capabilities with audio.  My suggestion is find a WetSounds dealer capable of DSP tuning and do not let your dealer "do" anything else with stereo. A true Wet Sounds dealer will have you up and running in no time with the proper set up and tuning. 

NW Boat Sports    232
4 hours ago, seattlehd said:

Looks like we got the same option and description on our build sheets. I got the DX6 and a DX2 for the towers. My interiors were also upgraded to Revo 6's which is why I'm suprised they sound muffled like they have a beach towel over them. That should be a tuning problem.

I think you and I have the same dealer and I'm almost positive they don't have the ability to tune these since the factory hadn't even provided them manuals or model numbers for the equipment when I talked to them about it. But, our sales guy has been great and I'm sure he'll help us figure it out.

Have you taken the tweeter off one of the Revo's to see if it has led's? I believe that all of the direct to consumer Revo's have led integrated, I'm hoping we have them and Supreme just didn't hook it up.

We have seen this before, I wasn't the one who fixed it but IIRC, your interiors are hooked up to the sub channel and your sub channel is most likely hooked up to interior channel(s). Simple fix, just take it to Lynwood and tell Brian. Came from the factory wrong. Cheers. 

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

Wylie_Tunes    146
12 hours ago, seattlehd said:

Did you get the factory upgrade w/ towers, upgraded interiors, sub and amps? My build sheet doesn't match what I received so I'm wondering if they changed the factory options after my demo.

Sounds like maybe some upgrades were done at the dealer level? 

seattlehd    9
45 minutes ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

Sounds like maybe some upgrades were done at the dealer level? 

No, the dealer didn't make any changes. The build sheet is just a little confusing and lacks detail so I was a little surprised by what I received. 

Edited by seattlehd