enzo101mo

Centurion's Line for 2017

Nick213    583

Maybe I'm a little behind on the times and it's been said before, but dose that mean an X80 would be the mastercrapper?

• Like 1

Fivebar2    176

Darkside, I am contemplating getting a 257. I have the 237 now, but I will either be getting a new 237 or a 257. I really want the lower rpms, I am waiting for my dealer to get theirs in (they are getting the 550) so we shall see!!

Darkside    248

@fivebar2 new props should help significantly, the 14.5 just can't get enough bite to push 11000 pounds efficiently. The 257 comes with 16x15, but there is room to go even larger. If i end up changing i will likely try 17x20 or 17x17. However if surf RPM is under 4k, i am not changing anything.

• Like 1

Bawshogg    77

I did some research on this and was told the H6 is PLENTY for this boat. HC stated it was able to get up,to full speed with full ballast at 6000 ft for the photo shoot.

I would tend to agree that the 10k upcharge would be just sprinkles on top of the whipped cream and icing. The cake gets it done.

IF you do the math, the prop torque actually comes out slightly higher on the H6 with the gear reduction factor.

Factory sources also told me th H6 works well as the 257 hull is pretty darn effiecinet.

I demoed a 257 with the SC'd engine and it was effortless, surfed at maybe 3200-3300 rpm. Could barely hear the engine. WAY back there from the drivers seat.....and that was without the exhaust diffuser. I hear that makes even a bigger difference in noise output.

I think my order , I will go H6 too. Seems like from the resale values on other boats it's about a 10-2 return.

Fivebar2    176

I've heard the same thing from my dealer and HC. I just love the idea of effortless. I just don't know if it's really worth it. I need to demo a 257!

chowder2016    110

I ordered my 257 with the 550. I had the H5 in my 237 and decided I needed to go as big as possible. I figured it's better to have the power and not use it. As opposed to needing the power and not having it. I'm normally at sea level. But we will see how she handles in Lake Tahoe this summer.

Fivebar2    176

I am leaning towards the 550. I have the h6 in my 237 but I love the idea of having extra power, lower rpm and higher cruising speed. I just hope the gas on the water is ok for that engine. I believe the gas is premium non ethanol so it should be good.

Bawshogg    77

You cant compare last years 237 to a 257. 257 has a larger prop shaft , steeper angle and comes with a 16" prop vs. a 14.5. There's plenty of room for a 16.5 " and possibly a 17" prop.

The change in prop diameter makes a huge difference in output.

• Like 1

Fivebar2    176

My intention wasn't to compare them, I just feel like I can't go wrong in getting the bigger engine.

Darkside    248

I have the LSA in my current boat. The power is awesome, it gets extremely thirsty starting at 3400/3500 RPM. It also does require premium which is not availabe at all of our lakes. I am hoping a 100 gallons gets me through a day with this beast. My Malibu's 70 gallon tank was good for maybe 6 hours of hard riding

bluesman280    99

Pretty darn swankyblooking boat. Makes my low and sleep SV233 seem like a toy boat compared to this monster.