Lak3surf3r    714

Bow is bag like dark said.. Now

Still not overly impressed after a second outing... They both ran fine the first few pulls then the low speed thing happened again. Even when shutting off the boat and breakers.. Hmmm

My Avy throws a very reliable above par wave but feels small interior wise anymore.

That sucks that it happened again :/

• Like 1

My 230 with 2800lb of ballast and no front weight at all will in a min or less be on plane traveling at 30mph. I do NOT like doing it and only have a hand full of times. Loads the engine big time. I run rpm mode somewhere between 3000-3150 rpm for 11.5 mph.

IROCNParts    108

I've got 11 hrs on my ri237. Surfed it a couple of times. I ranted and raved about my 09 sv240 with switchblade having the best Reg wake to date. This RI is actually better! I love it. It I haven't really "tuned" the goofy wake yet but the Reg wave is incredible. I love a steep wake and it delivers. I have the wake plate at 30 so it actually can go even steeper!

Well done centurion, this boat is fantastic!

• Like 7

DarksideR    1,679

After the letdown you had with your 244, I'm really happy to hear this! Glad to hear you finally dunked her!

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

The wave is incredible compared to any boat I have surfed that is for sure! not impressed with the 4 hours I drove it. It also had a hard start issue one time. Cranked for awhile (auto start on new boats so don't have to hold button) on second outing, had to clear the cylinders just from going across lake then stopping. I want one so bad but these issues this late in season worries me so I will wait...

RhuntIII    555

We chartered the Ri237 up in Austin over the weekend and the wave is massive! Almost to much wave....almost.

• Like 3

chowder2016    110

So I just dropped the Ri237 at the dealer and told them about the loss of power issue. They had not heard of this happening. I told them to check out the forum to see what others are saying. They think they might just need to re-flash the computer and hopefully that will fix it. It's going in for its regularly scheduled service as well. So I'll let you guys know how it goes once i get her back in a couple days. Now I have nothing to do this weekend, I might have to cross something's off the the honey do list Instead of surfing. :(

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

The dealer here has no idea as well... I said something but it may of fell on deaf ears as I haven't heard anything and they seem to surf at lower speeds and don't care.. Maybe they think I'm kicking tires... Well I'm glad I did as I want a new boat but I am not paying for issues to ruin my small summer..

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

Three words a dealer should never say. "I don't know". It should be "I'll check into that" or something similar. The attitude of ,hmm whatever, so do you want to buy it? Just pisses me off.

I spoke to my dealer about this issue and he wondered if Quicklaunch wasn't active. He'd had to turn his off and back on once before.

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

chowder2016    110

They are working on a new software update currently. We shall see what all it entailes. I know it is addressing the timers on the ballasts. Not sure what else.

Supposedly the update is coming out this week. My dealer is holding onto my boat for a few extra days so they can install the update and we are supposed to go water test it on Friday @ Lake Folsom....fingers crossed everything works this time.

Cdifranco    463

Demoed a 237 today.. Didn't think I'd be blown away but I was blown away. Never seen a wave that big and with that much push!

• Like 5

Demoed a 237 today.. Didn't think I'd be blown away but I was blown away. Never seen a wave that big and with that much push!

Blown away is strong. That's awesome! So you ordering one right away?

Cdifranco    463

Blown away is strong. That's awesome! So you ordering one right away?

Negative. blown away, not sold.

I've always loved my 211s wave, and lately I've been on the demo craze, tried all the bus, tiges, mcs, and none of them have held a candle to mine or the couple other 233s I see, they've just all had different "options". I heard a lot of hype about the 237s and to be honest never really liked them, but the wave spoke for it self today. It was what we all ask for. if I was to get one it would be a 217. I just don't need that big of a boat on the lake I'm on. Whatever it is, won't be till after this season.

Edited by Cdifranco

Fivebar2    176

It's an awesome boat!! Can't wait for the update.

Negative. blown away, not sold.

I've always loved my 211s wave, and lately I've been on the demo craze, tried all the bus, tiges, mcs, and none of them have held a candle to mine or the couple other 233s I see, they've just all had different "options". I heard a lot of hype about the 237s and to be honest never really liked them, but the wave spoke for it self today. It was what we all ask for. if I was to get one it would be a 217. I just don't need that big of a boat on the lake I'm on. Whatever it is, won't be till after this season.

Hell yeah. I like that idea, demo. Whenever I upgrade I'm all over that. I like hearing the others aren't so stellar. So what you are saying is "out the box" the ri delivers above most others? Nice

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Yes, IMO it is the best factory wave I have ridden so far and even better than sac'd out other boats...

• Like 1

chowder2016    110

Not to beat a dead horse with this thing. But it looks like there is a recall on RI237 due to a bad thermostat. So the decreased power issue is not really decreased power. Its the thermostat sticking thinking the engine is over heating and the computer protecting itself by not letting it rev up higher. Yet another weekend now without my boat but hopefully next week it will all be fixed. Still waiting for the new software update too... :/

Fivebar2    176

My understanding is that it's not a bad thermostat but a program issue that could lead to a missed code reading. I believe that it's just a software fix that fixes the issue. Unless there is a different recall that I am unaware of...

truekaotik    458

Thanks guys for keeping us updated!!

DarksideR    1,679

I was informed of the thermostat issue last week. It's apparently an issue across the board of all the PCM engines made in the past 18months or so.