Jake707    171

do you have a pic of the shaper you made? Just used the double suction cup with handle and cutting board?

Right on man, we try to hit up Berryessa on the weekends maybe well see you out there.

chenige    84

Just to chime in

750 both lockers

300 under port seat 400 on top

500 in bow

Fill center tank

Homemade surf gate

Son loves it. Doubt we are getting on plane though.

I bought the Ronix one at the boat show this winter, the velcro one.

The wife hates Berryessa, so I make the drive to Bullards Bar. We are going to Bullards this weekend, it'll make three weekends in a row!

Once I plumb a system to switches I will add more weight to the boat.

Edited by k5chevyblazer

Icemanftr    8
Mine hasn't come off. Do you put the bouy on the swim deck? Where have you been placing yours? I had mine farther back and deeper but found that the placement I showed in the pics I posted works best for the weight I am running now. Would love to see where yours is and someone in the wave.
6d5e7a9d997be5569c16200d27ac9e3c.jpg6cb4914d84ba2f3f5b4b336137677158.jpg

As you can see in wave it just sits there in water floating along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravity12    83

Strange. Would have thought it would pull it forward. Still trying to think of a way to make the thing floag on its own.

Jake707    171

I bought the Ronix one at the boat show this winter, the velcro one.

The wife hates Berryessa, so I make the drive to Bullards Bar. We are going to Bullards this weekend, it'll make three weekends in a row!

Once I plumb a system to switches I will add more weight to the boat.

Ya bullards bar is a trek for sure but its nice up there now that the water level is higher. We just love Berryessa too much to justify double the drive time. Need to get Joels tush out there on the board haha. Let me know when you tackle that plumbing job I need a local example so I can figure it out as well haha

Im going to break down and build a "suck gate" soon just to try and compare, tried the skateboard ramp version but I put too many floating noodles inside it so it wont go below the waterline. Plus its bulky as hell and the sharp corner put a small hole in my sundeck so I'm going to shoot a few rounds into it then light it on fire for payback.

gravity12    83

Ice is this how you had it mounted to Tony's boat? I have had mine with the top sticking out of the water a little should I try it with most of it out of the water on my elite v? Thanks

Edited by gravity12

chenige    84

I have mine even with the bottom of the boat at the bottom. At the top it is just below the strake. Water does go over the top while surfing but seems to not effect the wake.

Does this thing look too big?

post-5486-0-22776800-1468231981_thumb.jpeg

stoked    1,039

Does this thing look too big?

Said no guy ever

• Like 1

gravity12    83

That looks good. And exactly how much my old one looked. But the new suction one is better in every way. Easier to use, smaller, looks better and better wave. I put my big old platform mount in the trash last week.

Icemanftr    8
Ice is this how you had it mounted to Tony's boat? I have had mine with the top sticking out of the water a little should I try it with most of it out of the water on my elite v? Thanks

I don't see a pic. I believe his partly submerged and fully once underway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigFoiz    23

Has anyone tried this Mission Panel on an Enzo? It would be great to know what this panel does to the wave when the Enzo is fully filled with ballast relatively even on both sides, then be able to compare it to the listed wave.

I am currently in a situation (I have an 08 sv230 with Enzo sacs) where I have used my friends 400# sac placed on the appropriate side back sun/deck cushion with that side Enzo sac full and it makes a REALLY good wave. That extra 400# makes the wave better. My point is I have the money to either buy that same new Eight.3 400# bag and pump, OR buy the Mission Surf Panel. It would be great to know which investment would make the wave better.

I made a home-brew version for my Enzo and it works like a champ. I still list the boat just a bit, and that seems to give me the best of both worlds. All this talk about "no replacement for displacement" I don't understand. When my boat is evenly weighted I have a lot more ballast weight in the boat than when its listed so I assume (and I'm no physicist) that the boat is displacing MORE water this way. My thoughts...build your own for $30 and then go buy that Ronix bag and you'll have both.

Edited by BigFoiz