geb202002    24
https://vimeo.com/169404437

Well I would call it a success. Best wave I have had. Only 325 each locker and center tank full. 80 in bow. Wife and son on the wave side. Looks small in the pics but was pretty decent. Ran out of time and didn't get to ride it.

. Looks pretty sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoked    1,039

I think you should try and borrow some ballast bags or lead from someone and compare the wave to what it looks like slammed. I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but the wave looks pretty flat which is going to lead to a super tough time throwing the rope and staying in the pocket. I will give you that you got a super clean wave for $30.

And just so you don't think I'm only looking at this from one side, I have two DIYs in the DIY section on building gates. I did it for shallow water surfing since most of our time was in 8ft or less and we needed something to clean our wave up. We still listed with the gates, they were in the water enough to clean the wash from shallow water.

stoked    1,039

*Duplicate post

Edited by stoked

chenige    84

How to determine what the top of the surf gate blade should be?

chenige    84

another dup post

Edited by chenige
  • Like 1

gravity12    83

No I totally agree. More weight would be better. Some of you guys must have massive waves because this one looked way bigger in real life. I hope to surf it soon. I really am trying to get away with taking up as little storage space as posible.

Edited by gravity12
  • Like 1

volzalum    280

You may want to see if you can get it so its parallel to the water and even with the surface (or slightly above the surface) when weighted. The installed picture in the water has it angled down.

stoked    1,039
You may want to see if you can get it so its parallel to the water and even with the surface (or slightly above the surface) when weighted. The installed picture in the water has it angled down.

It should match the angle of the hull which is a slight angle down (12 degrees in the case of my Avy)

stoked    1,039

It should match the angle of the hull which is a slight angle down (12 degrees in the case of my Avy)

gravity12    83

728d7bbceb28220e6a091ce9aa2669ea.jpg

I Built it flat but the curve of the boat makes it at that angle. I couldn't get it any lower. The idea is it works in both sides so if I made it sit straight with the water it wouldn't work on both sides. This was first tray and first spot I put it. The wave did turn more ramp like instead of a wall. Not sure if that is good or not. Made it way longer. I didn't get any pics but 10mph did make it a bit taller. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Edited by gravity12

Tonykeck    4

Hey gravity we put ours as far back as possible and just the tip of the gate sticking out,and seemed better just a few clicks faster than slammed..we also just hooked a buoy to ours and didn't connect to the cleat in case it wanted to slam back into the boat..so that if it came off it would just float and we would circle back and pick it up..

gravity12    83

Haha. Your must sit low. That's as low as I can go. Its right at the line before the step in the hull. And I can try farther back but the rear cup was having a hard time holding. Do you gave any pics of your placement?

Tonykeck    4

I don't but will definitely get one next time out,we have had super good luck with the chrome one from Amazon. Definitely much stronger hold and had never fallen off.

gravity12    83

Sounds good Tony. Does your boat have a bow filler cushion?

gravity12    83

No. I was hoping you had one you would sell me. Probably going to just make one along with a backrest for the drivers side.

Copenglenn    44

For $30 it seems like it works well. Makes me want to build one just for fun and to try a few things.

• Like 1

super1990    18

I guess I will chime in here because I am running an 2008 Enzo SV230 with a customer Wave Control and Wing Plate. I run 2 enzo bags in each corner (1500 Pounds each) and a front Bag (500 Pounds) and I have found some interesting results. When I have a crew that surf both side we run 1200 even in both sides (Enzo Sacs) and 500 up front and just use the wave control to switch sides. I have found that the wave is very close to when I run listed but it seems to have a softer transition. When I am by myself I run 1500 on regular side and 600-800 on goofy side and 500 up front and just use the wave control to clean the wave. This seems to work the best. To sum up if money is not a problem i think the wave control is worth the money. Here are some videos below.

Wave control Link

https://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol

Wave control Link

https://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol

gravity12    83

Anyone else try this? Or have pics of placement and wave.