h20king    794

Glad to hear. I did not know there was such a service. Where is your 226 going?

Definitely going to be a sweet year on the water for you.

Salem
  • Like 1

viking    491

. It is the plush carpet and was an upgrade option over the gator step. Got the call last night that the boat is done and ready for pick up. Going down to the factory to grab it first dry weekend we get.

The Plush carpet was a step above gator step? Really. I still would think the best option would be no upgrade over snap carpet and then deckadence GB and ditch the carpet. But just my .02. You'll have to report back after a season of use.

Happy for you as it's an exciting time waiting for the new addition. You might be able to use it pretty soon but for me I had to do a few months of "garage" boating. :Surfing:

• Like 1

h20king    794

Yep gator step comes stock or the cheaper snap in matt. The plush carpet was a $500 option it is super plush. I like the gator step but don't like how it shows all the seams inside the boat. We have had decadence in the past but it does get hot and you can't kneel on it. We have a grandson now so the plush carpet is the best option for us. I Will give it a bunch of coats of scotchgaurd before we hit the water

h20king    794

It is snap in. We had just the standard snap in in our 226 and it still looked new after two seasons so I think we will be fine.

NW Boat Sports    232

Friction carpet is stock. Plush carpet upgrade, another upgrade if you want gatorstep on top deck. Biggest upgrade $ wise is gatorstep inside and on top deck. I have the plush carpet in and gatorstep top deck on my boat but I also like the modern look of all gatorstep, ease to clean too. Can't go wrong with either.

• Like 1

h20king    794

What is the stock no friction stuff for inside the boat listed on the website as standard??

h20king    794

Just read it again and get it now. standard is just a matt with no snaps and stays put with friction. I went the same as B gator step on nose, trailer and top rails and plush carpet inside.

h20king    794

Well she is off to her new home. Hope the new owners love her as much as we did. Can't thank my Boys at NW Boat Sports enough for getting me a fair price and finding her a good home.We can now move on and look forward to making memories in our new surf monster.

post-777-0-42660900-1456670844_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-28372000-1456671312_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Bongo Fury    640

I often wonder how my old Falcon V is doing......thinking I might see her on this site some day....Trav sold her to someone in Az who I heard almost sunk her on first outing as they did not put in the plug by the V drive.

• Like 1

h20king    794

I often wonder how my old Falcon V is doing......thinking I might see her on this site some day....Trav sold her to someone in Az who I heard almost sunk her on first outing as they did not put in the plug by the V drive.

Thought I would see our falcon on the sight as well but NO. My dealer told me they heard that the new owner did not winterize last year and freeze cracked the block. :( :(
  • Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Thought I would see our falcon on the sight as well but NO. My dealer told me they heard that the new owner did not winterize last year and freeze cracked the block. :( :(

Makes you wonder.......

• Like 1

gwiz    23

Does anyone know what the height of the 238 with the tower down?

RhuntIII    555

Wow! Almost a sunk boat and a cracked blocked! Unbelievable.

How could one sink a boat? Oh wait......

• Like 1

h20king    794

Well we made it to the factory and brought our new ride home. It was a long trip but worth it. Here are some pics. More to come as NW Boat Sport's installs some dealer options.

post-777-0-04264800-1458484173_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-39313600-1458484186_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

h20king    794

Also I should add the switch to boatmate trailers was the right move. Was sceptical when I first seen how long the tongue on the trailer was but after towing the 700 miles home I can say it is the best towing trailer I have ever had. The extra tongue length reduces tongue weight and makes the trailer tow like a dream.

volzalum    280

Nice!! Congrats!! And I think you'll continue to love the BoatMate!

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

Congrats man! Glad you had a safe trip.

Also I should add the switch to boatmate trailers was the right move. Was sceptical when I first seen how long the tongue on the trailer was but after towing the 700 miles home I can say it is the best towing trailer I have ever had. The extra tongue length reduces tongue weight and makes the trailer tow like a dream.

I like our Boatmate also and have had a couple of long tows (1100 miles one-way for a move, and 1600 mile round trip for a vacation). No problems and tows steady as a rock.