Nate2215    25

hmmm didn't have any of those issues...

That's cuz you don't have black where your cover is, it only shows up on the black

NW Boat Sports    232

I towed with my cover on for about 800kms when I first bought the boat (the dealer sent me out that way and told me it was totally fine)

I noticed very light scratching in the black part of my gel coat on top. Not real happy with that on a boat that had 0.3 hrs. The scratches mostly buffed out and I'm sure with a power buffer and the right product they would buff out.

Now I try not to tow with the cover on and when I go on long trips I pick up the bulk roll of shrink wrap from u-haul and wrap my entire boat around the rub rail up to the top of the gel coat about 4 times.

While I'm at it I wrap the tower and Bimini really tight which holds it all together and keeps the Bimini from scratching the tower.

What is this rear locked position you speak of? I'm not understanding. Does anyone have a picture?

I tow with it in the upper position with the straps tight to the tower and I am not really impressed with how my tower is taking it. I try to pull the cover down on both sides to keep the metal bars of the Bimini off of the tower but it doesn't always end up the what when I get to where I am going.

Not the best picture but you can see how it is all folded back and the two back supports are still in the tower:

https://www.facebook.com/227792007306783/photos/a.228008413951809.56975.227792007306783/874714695947841/?type=1&theater

• Like 1

Nate2215    25

Not the best picture but you can see how it is all folded back and the two back supports are still in the tower:

https://www.facebook.com/227792007306783/photos/a.228008413951809.56975.227792007306783/874714695947841/?type=1&theater

Ok gotcha, I will set it like that next time I trailer, which will be next weekend for my 25hr service!

Thanks!!

boatnut    230

Hey Nate, you have a supreme right?? The Bimini on that is different then the Centurion

Nate2215    25

Hey Nate, you have a supreme right?? The Bimini on that is different then the Centurion

I think we are talking about different things, this topic is about the Bimini for an S21, which is what I have, NW boat sports mentioned pulling it back into a down locked position, that is what I was inquiring about.

As for the scratches on my boat, they came from the factory cover, with the ratchet straps at the back for tightening down, which I believe is pretty similar to the centurion cover.

Anyways if your cover doesn't scratch your boat when towing possibly it is designed better, or possibly fits better, I was just saying that, from looking at your profile pic it doesn't look like you have any black gel coat where your cover would ride. The scratches from my cover only show up on the black gel coat.

I hope that clarifys things.

boatnut    230

It. Fits pretty good actually, better then my tige one did, I had to use the shrink wrap on that boat, and yes the Bimini is totally different, my Bimini is different, sorry to hear yours has an issue, can you just remove it?

Nate2215    25

No issues with it, I was just doing it wrong, I didn't realize you could lock it down away from the tower as NW boat sports and Viking mentioned, so I've been folding it into the tower, and yes I can also completely remove it, but I can't seem to find a spot where it rides nicely inside the boat, it seems the edges are either pushing on my vinyl or scratching the interior somewhere.

boatnut    230
No issues with it, I was just doing it wrong, I didn't realize you could lock it down away from the tower as NW boat sports and Viking mentioned, so I've been folding it into the tower, and yes I can also completely remove it, but I can't seem to find a spot where it rides nicely inside the boat, it seems the edges are either pushing on my vinyl or scratching the interior somewhere.

Gotcha, I remember my old. Campion chase 600, I could never figure why there was this Spot under the engine hatch, but went thru the factory for a tour and saw what it was for, it was a space for the Bimini top, and I thought soo cool...

truekaotik    458

Posting so much you don't know what thread your in anymore? Lol

• Like 2

boatnut    230

Posting so much you don't know what thread your in anymore? Lol

Nope, using tapatalk there's no way to see all ones info, like where they are from or what Kinda boat they have etc...

• Like 2

truekaotik    458

You are in the Supreme "forum" , not Centurion.. Ones info has nothing to do with a thread title named S21 bimni.... LoL

boatnut    230
You are in the Supreme "forum" , not Centurion.. Ones info has nothing to do with a thread title named S21 bimni.... LoL

Just for your info, you don't see that in tapatalk my friend 693be571cb58070fc0a6114dbdc222a9.jpg

See at the top....

So my bad.. Jeesh you don't have to be so mean :(

Just trying to help people like you do on here

Edited by boatnut
  • Like 1

Stretch    409

Well.. My tapatalk does show it. Only if you look in the right way though. Tapa can make that mistake easy.

ea910f21e7ab099a1c60f2315a84e213.jpg

But the title is just Bimini top.. Not s21 Bimini.

So let's all just chill.

Edited by Stretch
  • Like 1

Cdifranco    463

I don't know how you guys use tapatalk besides for posting pictures. I personally think that app generally sucks for this forum as well as others I browse. I find it much easier to just browse the site as a website and use the app only to post the 2-3 photos a month I post.

I guess call me old school, I still use that thing called the internet machine.

• Like 1

viking    491

Nate,

No issues for me trailering with Boat Cover and I use it almost every weekend towing over 2 hours to the lake. I do have the charcoal and haven't noticed any issues.

If you need more info on the bimini rear lock down position let me know and I can get you some photos.