Sign in to follow this  
Bullfrog

Thoughts on 'Switchblade'

surf moocher    127

5.7 will do fine as long as you're not under propped or at a really high elevation. Bigger motor of coarse would be better, but it'll do.

Not sure about that Dark, running port side, I have a custom sac at 2,000 lbs, 300 lbs counter weight behind the driver, 300 lbs bow sac and switchblade set a 3-4, and I'm running the 1579 prop on my 2007 SV240, SS 6.2l. I feel like I have the engine pretty maxed out running between 3800 and 4000 RPM, depending on how many are in the boat. Wave is huge though :) I think the 5.7 might struggle.

Sata3000    15

All of those with the Switchblade, do you also have a trim tab or just a fixed plate? I have just a fixed plate and I am seriously thinking of getting a 'asymmetrical plate' discussed in another thread. My fixed plate is fairly small compared to some of the pictures I've seen on this website.

I have a fixed plate thinking about adding a 14" fixed plate for this summer and possibly do the a plate mod this winter

IROCNParts    108

had one on my 09sv240 and it was night and day difference esp on the goofy side.

I now have one on my 2014 sv244.

Love it.

As for reversing with it, boat always pulls right regardless for me. I know how to drive and park. Although if you hammer it forwards for a sec and back in reverse the blades supposed to flop to the other side.

I never remove to tow it. Too much of a pain in the tush.

The old boat had 550 hrs on it no headaches. I tow 4hrs+ to the lake.

ssgviper    7

Why on earth do they cost $4k for the cheapest model and $4.5k for the polished one? That seems a bit unreasonable to me! Is it really worth that much in terms of wave improvement? Who knows what it would do on my Elite V C4. I can't even find anyone with my boat and that foil so I can not see paying that much for something I have no idea how it will improve my wake. Obviously, come time to sell, it probably will not improve resale too much. I bet you would be lucky to recoup half.

I heard Centurion quit offering it up as an option as it was not well received by those who chose the option. Cost, poor steering backing up, people scraping themselves getting in, etc

Someone really needs to come out with a reasonably priced foil or power wedge that will work across several makes and models of boats.

Edited by ssgviper

Shaka    146

I thought the A-plate and enzo sacs alleviated the need for these.

mattymids    2

before i had my enzo i had an elite and owned the blade, we decided not to put it on the elite because the transom wasnt big enough, or so we thought. we had actually posted about it on the forum and i think a few people may have tried it. but from the diagram that switchblade sends we didnt think there was enough distance on the transom.

Bullfrog    9

Did some testing today. Tried each of the 5 settings and wow, each setting you could really see the difference in the size of the wake. The only thing I need is Sacs up front. I'm new to this sport so I've never been on a boat like mine without one. By the look of some of your pictures on this website I would say it's not really needed. I guess the benefit would be that it takes up no space at all and with the press of a button you can adjust instantly. It would be like adding 240lbs ballast with each level as fully deployed its like having 1200lbs ballast. If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll show you what the goofy side looks like with zero ballast and Switchblade on the highest setting. Regular side is still washy, I guess I need to get an 'A plate' that is recommended by a few of the members on this site.

adambomb2000    35

Whoa, hold up Bullfrog...

In your post above, are you saying that your reg (port side) is washy but your goofy (starboard side) isn't?? If that is the case, you may have a RH Rotation boat (a rare option)...if that is the case, then you will need an A-plate with the wing on the starboard side, not the port side...and you will have to have it made (as opposed to purchasing an A-plate from Centurion).

I guess another option would be to try and get ahold of the double wing plate that Centurion had for, like, one model year (someone may correct me on that) and cut off the port side wing.

adambomb2000    35

PS - Bullfrog if you are running the Blade and only locker sacs and no mid ship then you def need some forward weight. I have a 400lb sac that I move around (in the bow for reg and on the floor behind driver seat for goofy). You'll be amazed at long of a wave you can make while still having huge push with your boat with the Blade!

Bullfrog    9

Yeah, my prop spins clockwise. Did not know that when I bought it. My son loves it because he's goofy. I think you're 100% correct with needing some weight up front. I'm looking online for some sacs that will fit under the bow seats. (My wife and daughter sit up front and say 'no way' to sacs on top) Does Centurion make sacs to fit up front under the seats? I have the factory hard ballasts (I think 800lbs each but not sure) in the back corners and the Switchblade, nothing else.

Also, I think you're 100% correct on the 'A plate' I was really hoping to just order one but it sounds like I'll have to get one fabbed up for me I guess. DarksideR posted some pictures of the ones he made up. I'll try to get someone to copy his pictures.

DarksideR    1,679

Hard tanks are nowhere near 800lbs. I believe they are only 300-350 lbs. tear them out and buy a couple enzo sacs. Should put a smile on your face.

IROCNParts    108

enzo sacs make a world of difference on the old 230s/240s. I had my blade before my sacs. Once I got my sacs I didn't think I'd need my blade anymore! Lol

Bullfrog    9

Sacs it is, I think I'll try to find some that fit on top of the factory ballast rather than tear them out. Thanks for all of the input guys. A plate and sacs. I'll let you know how I make out.

One more thing Darkside, do you recommend getting sacs in the bow as well?

Shaka    146

Sacs it is, I think I'll try to find some that fit on top of the factory ballast rather than tear them out. Thanks for all of the input guys. A plate and sacs. I'll let you know how I make out.

That's not going to work. The tanks under the seats have to come out. It's not hard, simply remove whatever hose is hooked up to them, and pull. You have another option besides Enzo sacks. You can put an 1100 in the rear locker and a 650 (you will not get the full weight in it but close) under the seats. The weight ends up being similar but you will have more control over where it's placed. This is mostly beneficial for the wakeboarder in your life because you can just fill the bags under the seats. Filling Enzo Sacks partially full for wakeboarding means water will slosh from the front of the sack to the back when you accelerate. This is no problem for surfing but can be annoying when you're trying to make a good wakeboarding wake.

Bullfrog    9

Why won't a sac work on top of the factory ballast? There is no hose on this ballast. It is a hard factory ballast not another bag with the 'quickfill', no pump.

Edited by Bullfrog

Rhale    80

Bullfrog, with a sack and the small factory tanks it's usually still not enough weight. I pulled the tanks and installed an Enzo sack since we mainly surf. The Enzo sack fills the rear locker and also runs under the seats where the factory tank sits. Full they hold around 1450lbs. 1100's plus 240 stock tank is shy of that and the sac runs further along under the seat to bring some of the weight forward. Or, you order custom Enzo sacks and get near 1800-2000lbs in them. You still can use your stock drain pumps as well since the Enzo sacks have 6 fill or drain ports.

Edited by Rhale

IROCNParts    108

Take them out they're pooh!!!

Waste of space

Shaka    146

Why won't a sac work on top of the factory ballast? There is no hose on this ballast. It is a hard factory ballast not another bag with the 'quickfill', no pump.

The hard tank doesn't sit under the floor it sits under the side seat. You remove a panel in the front of the locker and then slide it out. There is not room for it and a bag to exist in that space. Yo look and you will see what I mean.

DarksideR    1,679

HOLD UP GUYS. just went back to the first post. He has a 2011 233. It's quickfill. Those stay as is bullfrog. My bad. Thought you had an older boat. Forget the Enzo sac. You do need bags in locker and under side seats though. I think 750's fit in the locker. Not sure about under the side seats though.

• Like 1

Shaka    146

My bad, I must have mixed this tread up with another.