utilityvehicle

Only one port an starboard pimp working

Pumps have worked fine all year. Now the one port switch does not fire up the pump to fill and one starboard does not turn the pump on to fill. It's weird because one port and one starboard does work. Boat is a 2008 Enzo 230.

DarksideR    1,679

It's probably a sprinkler valve issue. If the ballast is stock, you likely have one pump going through a sprinkler valve manifold. Check the wires at backs of switches.

Or it's time for a faster, custom ballast install.

stoked    1,039
Sorry. They both empty even though they don't fill

Did you check your fuses? If they don't turn on when you flip the switch, first place to look, second place is to trace the wires and make sure something didn't become disconnect, third bypass the switches and see if the pump is at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

viking    491

damnit I hate when only half my "pimp" works

• Like 2

Dandy    43

If only one pimp (see title) on each side of the boat is working, I would kick him to the curb and let the other pimps get the work done. If one pimp isn't working, that just means less girls turning tricks and less money in your pocket.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

post-4405-14356024095678_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

LOL Saw that after I hit post. Checked fuses and they are all good. I know the pump works because I have 2 fill buttons for port and starboard sides and one works on each side. Weird that one off each side goes at once?

Pumps have worked fine all year. Now the one port switch does not fire up the pump to fill and one starboard does not turn the pump on to fill. It's weird because one port and one starboard does work. Boat is a 2008 Enzo 230.

LOL Saw that after I hit post. Checked fuses and they are all good. I know the pump works because I have 2 fill buttons for port and starboard sides and one works on each side. Weird that one off each side goes at once?

So you're saying that you have 2 port tanks and 2 starboard tanks controlled by 4 switches, and you have 2 switches (one port and one starboard) that are apparently not working? When you flip those switches to fill, do you hear a pump coming on at all? Are your switches illuminated, and do the ones in question light up when you flip them to fill? Do you have more than one fill pump?

Assuming you have 2 pumps and each feeds a separate manifold equipped with sprinkler valves:

-If the switch activates the pump (you should be able to hear it) but doesn't fill the tank, a sprinkler valve(s) is/are to blame - either not getting power or stuck closed. However, it is doubtful that 2 sprinkler valves failed at the same time if everything has been working fine all year.

-If the switches do not activate the pump, either the pump is stuck (impellar), it's not getting power, or the pump is fried. Unless you're 100% sure your fill pump fuse(s) are good, check every fuse in the box...they were awesome about mislabeling, at least they were on my 2008. Then, as stoked suggested, straight wire the pump to see if it comes on and start tracing wires/connections.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

So you're saying that you have 2 port tanks and 2 starboard tanks controlled by 4 switches, and you have 2 switches (one port and one starboard) that are apparently not working? When you flip those switches to fill, do you hear a pump coming on at all? Are your switches illuminated, and do the ones in question light up when you flip them to fill? Do you have more than one fill pump?

Assuming you have 2 pumps and each feeds a separate manifold equipped with sprinkler valves:

-If the switch activates the pump (you should be able to hear it) but doesn't fill the tank, a sprinkler valve(s) is/are to blame - either not getting power or stuck closed. However, it is doubtful that 2 sprinkler valves failed at the same time if everything has been working fine all year.

-If the switches do not activate the pump, either the pump is stuck (impellar), it's not getting power, or the pump is fried. Unless you're 100% sure your fill pump fuse(s) are good, check every fuse in the box...they were awesome about mislabeling, at least they were on my 2008. Then, as stoked suggested, straight wire the pump to see if it comes on and start tracing wires/connections.

My 2007 pumps were labeled "Hatch" on the fuse box...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok the pump failed so I need a new pump. I have a water puppy 18220-2123 has that pump been subbed to a different number or is it still commonly found? Thanks

viking    491

I think I'm going to change the name on my rocker switches to "port pimp, center pimp, starboard pimp". LOL

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Ok the pump failed so I need a new pump. I have a water puppy 18220-2123 has that pump been subbed to a different number or is it still commonly found? Thanks

You can replace it with just about any of the Jabso's or Johnson's.

This is the macdaddy. http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ultra-ballast-pump.html AND ITS ON SALE!

You'll probably need adapters for the hose size though.

Edited by DarksideR

stoked    1,039

You can replace it with just about any of the Jabso's or Johnson's.

This is the macdaddy. http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ultra-ballast-pump.html AND ITS ON SALE!

You'll probably need adapters for the hose size though.

^ Get that ^ it's the pimp of Johnson pumps

Stretch    409

I bought mine from an eBay seller for 149.99 if you want to check on it

TL68    40

I think I'm going to change the name on my rocker switches to "port pimp, center pimp, starboard pimp". LOL

I just wish I had all those pimps to label. Ha!

• Like 1