Stretch

What happened to truck prices?

chenige    84

First chart was dependability at 3 years.(2012 model) This is initial quality at 3 months. (2015 model) So the new truck is doing as well as the older model.

Rhale    80

Last year after suffering with the 5.3 in my GMC, we sold it and started truck hunting. After dusting myself off after hitting the asphalt($54k) for a 1/2 ton ecoboost, and not wanting a 5.3 Chev/GMC again, we settled on a new Tundra. Not sure about your area bit we called, said we were buying today and what's the best deal they could offer. Ended up just a tad over $40k for a '14 Crewmax Limited TRD package, TRD dual exhaust, bed liner, and tint. Pulls our Enzo like a dream and the resale value of a Toyota is unmatched. 3/4 ton is nice of you have to have it, but this is my daily driver and no way I want to pit up with 8-10MPH in a gasser and didn't need a diesel.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

You don't need a DRW to pull a boat, but a good 3/4 HD with a diesel is an excellent choice... I love my dually ext cab, but sometimes it's tough to park in at some of the boat launches cause of the overall length..., the Tahoe is nice, but the 5.3 is a little overwhelmed... But you can get the escalde or denali with the 6.0 or you can get the 1/2 with the vortec max, and I believe another Chev model as well...

Skibumm    184

The wife and I have been looing at replacing her 2003 Yukon with 205,000 miles. She loves the jeep and I will say it is the nicest interior out there IMO including BMW and Audi (I wanted an X5). But damn $56,000 for an Overland Hemi seems crazy high to me

Edited by Skibumm

Stretch    409

Yea, $$. Might as well go ahead and get a porsche cayenne lol

boatnut    230
The wife and I have been looing at replacing her 2003 Yukon with 205,000 miles. She loves the jeep and I will say it is the nicest interior out there IMO including BMW and Audi (I wanted an X5). But damn $56,000 for an Overland Hemi seems crazy high to me

Throw em a cash offer, back in 2008 my dad bought a overland diesel it's list was 60k, plus, he got for just over 44 k taxes in. This was in Canada, but just showing you the difference.... He did get rid of it 2 years later due to lotsa minor typical Chrysler issues and now has a X5 diesel and loves it

truekaotik    458

Buy dealer used or something like that.. You will love it, big steps made in 2014-15 with the Grand Cherokee. It will out pull the Yukon. :)

Carter13    69

My wife picked up a new 14 Grand Cherokee Overland Eco Diesel in Jan 2014 for $51,200 which was more than I wanted to pay but they just came out and the dealers were only willing to budge a grand off list.

We test drove both the Hemi and Eco. The Eco won hands down in torque and quietness when stomping down on the throttle.

The Eco hauls our RZ2 very well and has auto leveling air bags that are really nice. Never have to worry about that rear sag when hooked up.

When towing it gets 16 MPG, when driving 75% highway/country roads and 25% city it gets 26MPG. That is calculated on paper and not on the OEM liar digital readout.

Even for one year newer $56,000 for a Hemi seems way over priced to me. I can maybe see $56,000 for an Eco.

Stretch    409

Well now that that release is done... Wondering when Nissan Titan xd will be released. Interesting combination that has seen good reviews by truck reviewers and it's got the cummins 5.0

Audionly101    39

For the smaller boat owners the new Colorado duramax is set to have a 7,700 pound towing capacity. And a unloaded fuel mileage over 30 mpg. If I didn't pull a fifth wheel I would definitely think about a new Colorado / Canyon crew cab for a new tow vehicle.

boatnut    230
For the smaller boat owners the new Colorado duramax is set to have a 7,700 pound towing capacity. And a unloaded fuel mileage over 30 mpg. If I didn't pull a fifth wheel I would definitely think about a new Colorado / Canyon crew cab for a new tow vehicle.

They definitely are a nice looking truck for sure...

There just isn't a small boat out there anymore, that's the problem, even my 210 weights in at over 6200 with the trailer.... And it's not an issue of pull, but when backing down a boat launch ramp that's wet, and even when you gently stop the vehicle will still slide some what.. That's the Erie feeling part :(

Edited by boatnut

Stretch    409

That is a very attractive truck. Rather expensive for a mid size though. Well.. Depending on how much wiggle room GM dealerships have I guess.. Never worked with one

chenige    84

No wiggle room yet. Cannot make them fast enough. I have a black one Pulls the old elite well.

Stretch    409

You have the gas v6 I am guessing. Good to hear that it does you well. I think our boats are relatively light. The 4Runner hasn't had a single issue so far for us and never slid a bit on a ramp.

chenige    84

v6. Thought about waiting for the diesel but it was time to change vehicles. My old enclave pulled it well but here in Michigan we have no hills much less mountains. And the farthest distance is 20 miles to winter storage.