zonk    13

whats the best ballast set up for regular and goofy. stock ballast enough ? or need more ? is their upgraded ballast plug and play bags for rear lockers that are bigger than stock plug and play ?

tprice    118

The stock plug n play will be fine as long as you have bags under the side seats too. I'm assuming you don't have an Enzo style bag and probably two seperate bags running off one pump.

I would recommend getting 500 lbs of pellet bags,

For starboard side--fill all ballast on that side, hard tanks and plug n play

Fill center ballast or bow ballast whatever yours comes with.

I would throw 300 lbs pellets on floor towards surf side and the other 200 add to bow. Place under bow middle cushion.

Trim at 75% for 2015 model / at 100% for 2014 and under models.

Speed around 11.4 give or take a little.

Do same exact set up for port side, fill all ballast in that side, run no counter weight and have trim tab at 50%

Whatever you do, leave those stupid surf tabs alone . Just makes the wave soft and takes out the push.

Do this and you will have a killer wave

• Like 1

zonk    13

i dont have bags under the seats but i was thinking of upgrading rear sacks to the PRO X SERIES JUMBO V-DRIVE SURF SAC - 50 X 24 X 24 - 1100 LBS. but anyone know what the pnp rear sacks weigh ? and if the jumbo sack willfit thanks.

tprice    118

If you have hard tanks with pnp then that sack probably won't fit.

I believe wake makers shoukd have a custom sack measurement for you.

Most if the new 226 are using a dual bag, one for rear compartment and one for under the seats and all running off the one pump for the pnp.

I don't like it as the bag under the seat doesn't want to empty very well.

I would do the custom v drive Enzo style bag.

Maximize every square inch if possible

zonk    13

im not toosure if the enzo sac willfit the the quickfill ? anyone have thies sacks ina s226 with quick fill ?

zonk    13

anyone have trouble this the ballast pumps ? my starboard side pump won't pump unless you suck on the line to get water to the pump

. also their is green pieces in the hose ?

Edited by zonk

Lak3surf3r    714

anyone have trouble this the ballast pumps ? my starboard side pump won't pump unless you suck on the line to get water to the pump

. also their is green pieces in the hose ?

Sounds like your jabsco impeller partially exploded and is looks in the hose. Replace that impeller before you burn up the pump.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Super easy to check that impeller just in case. Just take the cover off with a screwdriver and pull er out

tprice    118

NW boats,

When Leonard picks up his boat wedndsay will you give him 2 extra impellers . I can give ya a CC or he will pay and I'll get him as he's bringing his boat up to our cabin

NW Boat Sports    232

NW boats,

When Leonard picks up his boat wedndsay will you give him 2 extra impellers . I can give ya a CC or he will pay and I'll get him as he's bringing his boat up to our cabin

OK, have him remind me and I will collect from you next time :)

• Like 1

viking    491

I bought 3 extras right away just to be sure not to ruin a weekend outing. Make sure to turn off the pumps as soon as you hear the audible difference indicating empty bags or bow tank.

ReSession    165

My buddy has a 2015 S226 and he was supposed to have plug-n-play sacks installed from the dealer but when he took delivery...they weren't installed (of course we're in VT and the dealer is in FL...so no option to get them to do it now).

In any case, my question is...HOW big of sacks can be ordered for a 2015 S226 with Quickfill for the rear compartments? 750 or 1100?

And how many pounds are the midship bags you guys are running under the port/starboard passenger seats?

Thanks!

h20king    794

Wakemakers has the sack designs it is two sacks per side linked together with three one inch hoses.that is weird I't did not come with the plug and play as I thought that was standard and not an option on all S226`S did the dealer deleate the plug and play to squeeze out some extra$$$ from your friend ??

Edited by h20king

h20king    794

I bought 3 extras right away just to be sure not to ruin a weekend outing. Make sure to turn off the pumps as soon as you hear the audible difference indicating empty bags or bow tank.

this is why i modified my ballast system so water pumps out the side of the boat
  • Like 2

h20king    794

My buddy has a 2015 S226 and he was supposed to have plug-n-play sacks installed from the dealer but when he took delivery...they weren't installed (of course we're in VT and the dealer is in FL...so no option to get them to do it now).

In any case, my question is...HOW big of sacks can be ordered for a 2015 S226 with Quickfill for the rear compartments? 750 or 1100?

And how many pounds are the midship bags you guys are running under the port/starboard passenger seats?

Thanks!

get in touch with NW Boat Sports. I was at thier shop Friday and noticed a big box of custom sacks from wakemakers. They are awesome guys and will take care of you if they can.

phillewis    39

I put 1100's in mine... best bang for the buck... although the custom option would probably get you more weight with the side seat bags added. I had to reinforce my engine divider panels to support that big of a bag. Fills the entire compartment, but never gets to the "super-full-looks-like-it's-about-to-burst" stage!

h20king    794

Phill winemakers makes their own sacks now which has really brought down the price to go custom

phillewis    39

I have heard that... did I read something about their fittings no longer working with FlyHigh's?