Troy

Tige cooler placement

I will not dispute Centurion builds a solid boat, but can say without hesitation that Tige's build process since the late 90's does not lend itself to windshield issues for a few reasons. 1: they use a one piece deck cap and floor assembly. This is much stronger than a 3 piece build if a hull, floor and then cap. 2) The seam at the hull and cap are actually bonded together and glassed over to form a single piece. Less flex, relaxing or sagging, which results in large windshield gaps or even having the center section drop in. 3) For many years, the Tige windshield has been thru-bolted with machine bolts and ny-lock nuts. Much more secure in the long run, than using self tapping screws into pilot holes in the fiber glass. These building processes are not unique to only Tige, many builders incorporate these. I can recall the walkway talking point as far back as 03 with Centurion.

Wiliy,

The Centurions have had the Deck and Floor as one part since, on some models, since 1999, the exceptions where and are the Sport Bowrider, the T5, and the Carbon Pro.

They also bond the deck and hull together along with the Floor the Cockpit to the liner.

The first Centurion with the walk-over was the Elite V-Drive in 1999. Same year they started the Deck and Hull build process.

So I guess the question is who copied who on this, and Centurion was doing it several years before Tige. Now most of the other builders are as wlll. The major exception at this point is Malibu/Axis.

Edited by CenturionSkier

Bongo Fury    640

I'll say one thing. And it's just my own preference maybe, but damn... I DO NOT like Tige interiors!

X2....for sure it's a personal thing but I'm right there with you on this one Dark.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Wiliy,

The Centurions have had the Deck and Floor as one part since, on some models, since 1999,

So I guess the question is who copied who on this, and Centurion was doing it several years before Tige. Now most of the other builders are as wlll. The major exception at this point is Malibu/Axis.

As stated in the second to the last sentence, those build characteristics were not unique to Tige, as well as nothing was negative stated about how Centurion did or did not build a boat. So I guess we would both agree that since Tige has been copying Centurion since the beginning, the weak windshield does not hold water.

Im not here to speak negative about the Centurion brand, but, I will gladly answer any Tige questions and clarify misunderstandings about their boats.

Do mean like the first Tige models where build by Fineline and the hull was a Centurion hull with a different deck. Is that one of your facts? First 3 years of Tige production was at Fineline while they got to where they could build a plant in Texas. Charlie had been a Sales Rep for Centurion before he decided to start a boat company.

I guess that should be a compliment to Fineline, as he had confidence in their production capabilities.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Do mean like the first Tige models where build by Fineline and the hull was a Centurion hull with a different deck. Is that one of your facts? First 3 years of Tige production was at Fineline while they got to where they could build a plant in Texas. Charlie had been a Sales Rep for Centurion before he decided to start a boat company.

I guess that should be a compliment to Fineline, as he had confidence in their production capabilities.

I aIm well aware of Tige's and Charlies beginnings, so nothing there I dont know. Again, Centurion, as well as Tige and the others all build solid boats.

RhuntIII    555

Im not here to speak negative about the Centurion brand, but, I will gladly answer any Tige questions and clarify misunderstandings about their boats.

Nobody cares about Tige's around here. :2guns::laughing:

Wylie_Tunes    146

somebody did, hence the thread :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Interestingly there were no Tige boats at the recent SF Boat Show......also...... I have noticed that the NorCal dealer... CMS.... does not have any in stock and looks to have moved more to the Axis line......seems like the only place I hear about Tige's anymore is when I am lurking on WW and based on what you read over there one would believe they are the number one selling boat!.

Wylie_Tunes    146

I do know they have a nor-cal dealer, California Marine Sports, that I think is in the Santa Rose area and Tige Watersports in Corona is one of the original dealers.

If you believe what you read on WW, every brand is #1 in market share, produces the best wave, but at the same time, there're all POS's and the company on the brink of going under.

Bongo Fury    640

I do know they have a nor-cal dealer, California Marine Sports, that I think is in the Santa Rose area and Tige Watersports in Corona is one of the original dealers.

If you believe what you read on WW, every brand is #1 in market share, produces the best wave, but at the same time, there're all POS's and the company on the brink of going under.

Agreed Wylie......but Centurion is non existant over there....... yes CMS...Cal Maine Sports.... in Fairfield ( an hour from SF) .....does not have any Tige's on their floor based on my memory the last time I was there and on their website.......mostly Axis now....I am always looking to see what all the mfg are doing and hope Tige is doing ok and that they are at the Sacramento Boat Show.

Edited by Bongo Fury

boatnut    230

yes, thats the ASR, just doesnt have the seat bench in pace. This allows the v-drive cover to a step for getting in and out of the boat and not stepping on the vinyl.

Trust me, I rented a ASR , and that step up from the platform is substantial and it's quite a drop down into the boat as well... My wife found out the hard way, when she bailed

boatnut    230

I will not dispute Centurion builds a solid boat, but can say without hesitation that Tige's build process since the late 90's does not lend itself to windshield issues for a few reasons. 1: they use a one piece deck cap and floor assembly. This is much stronger than a 3 piece build if a hull, floor and then cap. 2) The seam at the hull and cap are actually bonded together and glassed over to form a single piece. Less flex, relaxing or sagging, which results in large windshield gaps or even having the center section drop in. 3) For many years, the Tige windshield has been thru-bolted with machine bolts and ny-lock nuts. Much more secure in the long run, than using self tapping screws into pilot holes in the fiber glass. These building processes are not unique to only Tige, many builders incorporate these. I can recall the walkway talking point as far back as 03 with Centurion.

Wiliy,

The Centurions have had the Deck and Floor as one part since, on some models, since 1999, the exceptions where and are the Sport Bowrider, the T5, and the Carbon Pro.

They also bond the deck and hull together along with the Floor the Cockpit to the liner.

The first Centurion with the walk-over was the Elite V-Drive in 1999. Same year they started the Deck and Hull build process.

Didn't fineline at one time build the hulls for tige?

boatnut    230

Specially me!!!
  • Like 1