viking    491

Also started the in boats swap and wiring of rbg's

post-3649-0-85657700-1425262313_thumb.jpgpost-3649-0-09473200-1425262329_thumb.jpgpost-3649-0-84230800-1425262498_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

looks awesome. You could just add filler blocks to the inside of the sub box to get the correct air space if you don't want to trim it. As for an extra set of tower speakers I would bet wetsounds makes an offset bracket or will have one soon. I had to use one on my tower it's a tight fit for sure

post-777-0-79046800-1425265949_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-08621000-1425266035_thumb.jpg

viking    491

Thanks H20!

The billet adapters are actually a mastercraft milled part number and drop them a good 1.5 inches and when used with OEM Icon8's 2-pair seem to fit just fine. at least in all the photos and Dealer boats I've checked out.

But jump up to the Rev10's and theres definitely an issue. And the swivel mounts are a no go for sure as they drop another 1/2 - 1in! If I stay with 1 pair I'm all good. But there will need to be an offset bracket and/or low profile fixed mount solution for both if anybody desires 2 pair.

On the sub, I re-configured my box specs and have a perfect fit and match mocked up to the space and foot rest removed. Just need to build it and stuff it in there!!

post-3649-0-16444200-1425267851_thumb.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

Very nice!! I HAD NO IDEA OF THE DIFFERENCE ON THE INBOATS!! DANG!

What was the issue with fitting two pairs of speakers? Here's a pic of one of our boats with two pairs of icons.

post-4181-0-60281000-1425312700_thumb.jpg

viking    491

Like I said - Icon 8's will fit just fine with fixed mounts just like your photo. Stick a Rev10 and swivel clamps up there and it ain't gonna happen. There just isn't enough room. Maybe ditch the swivels but even at that it's gonna be close!

I don't have to worry at this point as I'm only running 1 pair and want the ability to rotate them and pull them off the tower easily. Just posting my experience in case anybody is looking to go bigger than factory option or desires swivel quick release clamps.

With the way the adapters work I think the fixed mounted speakers have to be installed with the cones removed and then re-assembled once the cans are in the desired position?

Like I said - Icon 8's will fit just fine with fixed mounts just like your photo. Stick a Rev10 and swivel clamps up there and it ain't gonna happen. There just isn't enough room. Maybe ditch the swivels but even at that it's gonna be close!

I don't have to worry at this point as I'm only running 1 pair and want the ability to rotate them and pull them off the tower easily. Just posting my experience in case anybody is looking to go bigger than factory option or desires swivel quick release clamps.

With the way the adapters work I think the fixed mounted speakers have to be installed with the cones removed and then re-assembled once the cans are in the desired position?

I got you. I just didn't read your thread thoroughly, I was under the impression you had Rev 8's not Rev 10's. I just didn't want to run into an issue on an instal!

Yes you will have to disassemble the speaker to install with fixed mounts, just like on a Gladiator tower.

Thanks,

Joe.

Edited by Overby Marine

traysonh    11

Hey Viking, can you tell me how the wetsounds swivel clamps work? Are they swivel AND quick release? I've seen the exile first hand and am interested in the WS version. They don't really do a good job advertising the quick release functionality, so I'm kind of in the dark.

viking    491

Hey Viking, can you tell me how the wetsounds swivel clamps work? Are they swivel AND quick release? I've seen the exile first hand and am interested in the WS version. They don't really do a good job advertising the quick release functionality, so I'm kind of in the dark.

Sent you a PM

post-3649-0-06560300-1425346910_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

h20king    794

Trayson the WS swivel clamps use a yoke and a allen set screw. If you want to swivel you must back the allen off some first. To remove the speaker you must back out the allen and remove the yoke. They work good but for sure are not as easy to use as the Samson sports clamps that Exile uses

viking    491

Trayson the WS swivel clamps use a yoke and a allen set screw. If you want to swivel you must back the allen off some first. To remove the speaker you must back out the allen and remove the yoke. They work good but for sure are not as easy to use as the Samson sports clamps that Exile uses

LOL - basically what I said in my PM :cheers:

traysonh    11

Thanks guys. WS is doing itself a dis-service in that it advertises the "Swivel" aspect of its clamps but doesn't really advertise the quick release aspect. That's a HUGE consideration for someone like me that has their boat either in the back carport on in the front, in the RV parking. There's no way I could justify having that much speaker hanging on the tower for some meth-head to help themselves to at 4am. I guess with WS having quick release, that keeps them in the running. :-)

DarksideR    1,679

It seems to me that (at least on the Gladiator tower that I have) it's gonna take someone a lot of effort or at least know how to remove them from my tower. It has been a concern of mine, even though I live in a decent neighbourhood. I installed a motion light at the corner of my house where the boat will be. LOL.

traysonh    11

It seems to me that (at least on the Gladiator tower that I have) it's gonna take someone a lot of effort or at least know how to remove them from my tower. It has been a concern of mine, even though I live in a decent neighbourhood. I installed a motion light at the corner of my house where the boat will be. LOL.

I had a friend of mine that sold a surfboard to a guy. They met at his house and were talking boats. Later on, he was prepping his boat and looked up to see both of his REV410's were GONE. He got the insurance money and replaced them. Later on, at the boat launch, they see a that surfboard they sold and a boat with a pair or REV410's mounted above this guy's tower. It was obvious they stole them, down to the sun fading on them except where the gopro mount used to be.

The police were called, but since REV410's have no serial numbers or other way to prove to the police that they were proven to be the ones that were stolen, the police could do nothing. They insisted that they "bought them online" and lied through their teeth.

And yeah, likewise a good neighborhood.

Obviously he doesn't do CL deals at his house anymore and he also inscribed his new REV410's with numbering.

truekaotik    458

For EVERYONE with high end audio... Tag your name on each piece discreetly out of sight... This is a old school ghetto way, but works with non serial numbered items...

You have plenty of space for a ported enclosure in that boat also if you'd really want to do it... 4 rev 10's fit with some work as well ;) finally got my hands on one, they are not in my area often...

Edited by truekaotik
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Wow... bummer.

Shoulda just beat the hell out of the guy instead of calling the cops. LOL

• Like 1

traysonh    11

Wow... bummer.

Shoulda just beat the hell out of the guy instead of calling the cops. LOL

20/20 hindsight. he thought he had him. Who woulda thought the police would be a dead end.

h20king    794

For EVERYONE with high end audio... Tag your name on each piece discreetly out of sight... This is a old school ghetto way, but works with non serial numbered items...

You have plenty of space for a ported enclosure in that boat also if you'd really want to do it... 4 rev 10's fit with some work as well ;) finally got my hands on one, they are not in my area often...

post up some pics of the install if you got them please. Did you cut the bulk head wall to fit in the ported box?? I thought about it but decided to leave it in tact for structure. my thinking is it is needed because of the lack of the built in cooler that adds structure to that area of the boat. T price has his cut out for his box and it looks good im just not sure how it will or will not affect flex in the boat over time

viking    491

There IS plenty of room for a ported enclosure to run the XXX even without cutting into the bulk head wall on my 2015 H20. I've been measuring and calculating for a month and mocked up 3 enclosures.

I didn't think so at first but there is plenty of space. I just don't think I have the skill set to built a nice slotted enclosure so I'd have to source somebody to do it. And I've already bought my XS12 and amps based around that sub so it's ported or sealed for the XS.

Going sealed is simple and gives me a little more room to build a vinyl facade and keep some leg room and access to the netted pocket.