Blueliner

Sideswipe...New style Baffles

DjOM21    59

Bumpity Bump Folks - Spring is coming. Anybody made any progress?

geb202002    24

Agreed, now i have time to work on these projects! has anyone successfully fab'd some up?

roadbkrkv1    24

I installed the quiet baffles and now the boat is much quieter! Quieter now than my last Malibu. My wife and kids are much happier. Go for it!

JP2    5

Hi All,

After many years of finding my Sideswipe way too loud, I installed mufflers from www.ggb.ca and WOW my boat is quiet now!! I installed the 4" (3.75")OD x 8" Sport exhaust and they work amazing!! It is big project to install but they work awesome!! And Only $189 (about $140 usd) Canadian for a pair vs the baffles from Sideswipe at $700 USD. My boat seems to have lost nothing except the noise, power is the same!!

www.ggb.ca

• Like 1

Shaka    146

Hi All,

After many years of finding my Sideswipe way too loud, I installed mufflers from www.ggb.ca and WOW my boat is quiet now!! I installed the 4" (3.75")OD x 8" Sport exhaust and they work amazing!! It is big project to install but they work awesome!! And Only $189 (about $140 usd) Canadian for a pair vs the baffles from Sideswipe at $700 USD. My boat seems to have lost nothing except the noise, power is the same!!

www.ggb.ca

Give us a rundown on the project.

chadr    328

Give us a rundown on the project.

X2

geb202002    24
Hi All,

www.ggb.ca

Where did you mount them? I currently have the valve assembly that switches exhaust sides right in the middle of the exhaust pipe. Did you add the before or after the valve assembly?

JP2    5

Hi all, I removed one outlet and then removed the entire exhaust system. Great time to install new impellor and lube rudder! Then installed the muffler's outbound of the valves that open the sides of the sideswide. Drilled a hole and bolted the muffler's into the 4" exhaust hose between the outlets and the valves. The 8" x 4" sport model fit perfect.

geb202002    24

When you drilled into the exhaust pipe to bolt it in did you have to seal the hole with anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JP2    5

Sorry was at cabin and answering on my phone, thus short answers.

Original plan was to drill and mount the muffler to the sideswipe outlet and then it would be close to ends, however the Rubber exhaust hose has a bend near the end and it would not work. Next step was to take the Sideswipe controller out and mount to it. I drilled a hole and put the bolt through, the 4" rubber exhaust hose went over the bolt and the hose clamps tightened over it, No sealing required.

If I did it again, I would leave the outlets attached to the boat and uninstall the exhaust system by starting in the middle and with exhaust manifolds as they are easy to remove and re install with 4 bolts.

Sorry, I did not take any pics during the install as I was guessing as i did it, however the end result is awesome, my Enzo is quieter then my Ski Nautique now!! I can now have both sides "open" and boat on plane and hear and talk to all in the boat!!

• Like 1

Billp    0

Jp2

Really interested in your side swipe mod. But a little fuzzy on how you did it. Could you help with a Lil more detail? Possibly a quick phone call?

DjOM21    59

So I am in the process of completing this mod with the 4" x 8.5" gbb sport baffle.

Here are some thoughts;

Leave the exhaust tips in. I pulled out one tip thinking it would be easier to install and it was not, I could just not get things lined up and ended up having to scrape silicone and reseal with 4200, which is messy and time consuming and generally annoying.

So best method I found is as follows:

- Undo all the hose clamps there should be 8 in total ( Per side)

- Wiggle, pry, reef on the large rubber exhaust hose connected to the exhaust tip until you get one end free. Then take everything apart.

- You should have disconnected one short piece of exhaust hose 7", One Corsa Piece (including electrical quick connect.), and another 14" or so of exhaust hose.

- Now try to put it back together!!!

- Take the small 7" piece and tap it all the way on to the black exhaust manifold.

- Hook up the Corsa piece to the larger exhaust hose and reattach the other end of the hose to the exhaust tip and push it all the way against the exhaust tip / wall of the boat

- Now you need to get the Corsa piece into the other end of the small exhaust hose.

- The pitch of the exhaust tip leaves everything out of alignment so you will need to apply a fair amount of force to push everything down into alignment with the small exhaust hose.

- At his point you will figure out you are hitting hose when getting it aligned and it wont fit - the solution here is trim the small exhaust piece back till you can get it to fit. My starboard side took less trimming than the port. Mine was about 1/2" but depending on your boat it may vary. So measure thrice and cut once. You can always take little off at a time until she fits.

- Once you have trimmed the hose and got the pieces back together and spaced the way you like them - take it all apart again.

- Now fit the gbb baffle into the large exhaust house as per the instructions. I think I had about 3" clear on the tip side of the hose and 2 1/2" clear ( to the mounting bolt bracket) on the Corsa side. You results may very - so measure.

- Now once again put it all back together with the technique above, shimmy all the parts so you have a good amount of contact (2" or so) on all connecting pieces. - Exhaust manifold to hose - hose to Corsa - Corsa to hose, hose to exhaust tip.

- Clamp it all back down - Move to other side.

I think one good thing is to hit all the ends of the components with a little lube when test fitting as this allows you to move everything a bit easier. The 4" exhaust hose is so stiff and a complete donkey to work with - but doable.

I have not tested the sound level or function yet, but gbb seem like a quality product and based on JP2s good review - hopefully this mod should be worth the expense and effort. However, had I figured out all I needed to do was trim some hose much earlier in the process this mod would have taken me way less time.

Hope this helps. :guitar:

JP2    5

Hi All,

Sorry the delay in responding to questions, I agree with DjOM21 and leave the exhaust tips in.

I ended up taking the whole exhaust system out and worked it back to the manifold. Well the muffler etc were out, it was easy to do a new impeller and grease rudder and clean up the backside of the engine compartment. The slip in's were easy to install and bit time consuming. If you take one exhaust manifold off then the the system moves in and out with ease.

Djom21, look forward to hearing what you think of the new system, I am shocked how much quieter my boat is now.

Rhale    80

As much as I love the sound of my SideSwipe, after ten hours on the boat yesterday a little quieter would be nice. I was telling the wife about these and she was certainly interested. Will be cool to see the results and hear some feedback!

chadr    328

As much as I love the sound of my SideSwipe, after ten hours on the boat yesterday a little quieter would be nice. I was telling the wife about these and she was certainly interested. Will be cool to see the results and hear some feedback!

Let me know how they turn out if you do it! I would love to have someone do a decibel meter test for before and after on this mod!

JP2    5

WAY WAY quieter!!

I was shocked at the result, can not get a before reading and don't have access to a sound meter anyway.

geb202002    24

Do you guys have any pictures of how you mounted the exhaust baffle to the pipe/corsa? I have these in my possession just haven't had a chance to start the project.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

geb202002    24

I will also try to take a Db level before and after with my fake a lake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk