evernine    0

My 05' Avy had dual batteries not switched and i did a pile of stereo upgrades so i added a third and switched them all to a common, so i can have all three on or just one or two. battery 3 is a 1200CCA Starting Interstate, 2 n 3 are Group 28 Interstates.

I hooked the 0 awg leads from the starter direct to battery 3.

Hooked The amps direct two battery 2.

Charge lead to common.

Key and Accessory to the common lead so any or all batteries will work.

nothing works when the switches are all off.

today i bump the key and i get test beep as normal on start up....

not sure if there is an external lead to the key off of the top of the start solenoid which is fed from the 0 awg start leads.....

plan is to have a look tomorrow, anyone have any ideas?

electical troubleshooting is not an issue for me just thought id ask!

Thanks Crew

Wylie_Tunes    146

Evernine,

To start with, I am not sure what your problem or question is. 2nd, could you post up an actual wiring diagram of how you have these 3 batteries, switch and amp wired. Its very unconventional, which doesnt make it wrong, but there could be some issue with it, or may be even a better way to accomplish what you are after.

evernine    0

Wylie_Tunes,

my question is where is my key getting power from when the batteries are off.

i have a drawing but its is 3.5hrs from me and i dont feel like drawing it all out again lol.

I have the three batteries switched individually and then down to one common post to feed control power to everything dash side.

i left the two 0awg leads from the starter direct on the starting battery for inrush current draw purposes.

I also left the amps on the second battery for the same reason.

just cutting the control power side...but apparently not the key...

truekaotik    458

What are you trying to accomplish? two 0gauge wires coming from starter? Going battery direct with any inboat wire will make some things work, others not.. Sounds like you have it wired wrong for the purpose you want it to do. Please explain to us what your looking for and we can help better... It just don't sound right by your explination.. Some of the 05' had a isolator bolted to the back seat in the engine compartment. Is this what your referring the two 0gauge wire is coming from? Sorry I'm a bit lost on your post..

volzalum    280

From your not very clear description, it sounds like you think you have everything off but the key is still getting juice. How many perko (on/off) switches do you have? To be able to isolate 3 batteries individually, 1/2/or 3 you need at least 2 perkos with two batteries on 1 (connected to each battery location) and its common connected to a battery slot on the other perko. The common on the other perko would be your boat common for all of the boat loads. The battery for the stereo could have the amps and radio equipment connected directly to it. True covered If you have any boat loads connected directly to a battery you have bypassed the perko.