bobback

Post your 360

bobback    3

Haven't seen any post lately on someone asking for advice, or someone nailing one for the first time, so let's see your vid!

Me, I haven't gotten it down yet, nor do I have a video as most often it's my wife and I. I'm getting almost all the way around, most of the time, but thinking seeing a few vids may help out!

Dreamer    96

On my flyboy I was landing at least one 360 every time out. One day I landed four of them in an afternoon, but I have a new ride now (bomb pop) and I have only landed a 360 once out of dozens of tries. It spins way quicker than the flyboy and I am losing my balance late in the spin.

Here is an clip with one of my 3's on a flyboy:

fropappy    9

Sweet 360!

Nice wake, too!

What speed do you normally ride?

I tried several speeds between 10.5 -11.5 this weekend, but couldn't get past the 180.

Always stopped dead and fell off.

:rant:

DarksideR    1,679

Here's my first one I ever rode out on. Phase 5 danielo skim board. The hardest part about 3's on this board is stopping the spin!

PayCheck    20

i find that spotting your landing after the initial 270 is always the best method. i learned this and landed my first 360 my 5th time later.

Jeremy    2

This was my first 360. I always have to concentrate on keeping the board flat instead of carving up the wake as I start the rotation.

Dreamer    96

Sweet 360!

Nice wake, too!

What speed do you normally ride?

I tried several speeds between 10.5 -11.5 this weekend, but couldn't get past the 180.

Always stopped dead and fell off.

We ride at 11 mph. Supposedly slower is better for 3's.

DrNate    426

Wow, these videos are really helpful. I am so close to landing one that I can taste it. Practice, practice!

tprice    118

I just landed my first 360 on Saturday. I will post the video later.

DarksideR    1,679

Way to go tprice!

Come on Nate and bobback, there is no try, only do or do not hmmm.

Lol

bobback    3

i find that spotting your landing after the initial 270 is always the best method. i learned this and landed my first 360 my 5th time later.

After spending the past week on vaca on Couer d'lane lake (spent pretty much the whole time on the Spokane River), this is one of the problems I was having (overspinning) thus will have to focus on this.

This was my first 360. I always have to concentrate on keeping the board flat instead of carving up the wake as I start the rotation.

And I have been roatating the board up into the wave so will try keeping the board flat.

Getting sooooo close to pulling one off! Sure wish I lived closer to a lake where I could get out every few nights.

Edited by bobback

Nikj    2

Getting close I need to drift farther up the wake on the later ones I think I am starting them to low

On a side note

The new wifi remote backpack for the go pro is awesome to be able to start and stop the camera

fropappy    9

Only 360 I know how to do is on a wakeboard.

Edited by fropappy

fropappy    9

Edited by fropappy

PayCheck    20

After spending the past week on vaca on Couer d'lane lake (spent pretty much the whole time on the Spokane River), this is one of the problems I was having (overspinning) thus will have to focus on this.

And I have been roatating the board up into the wave so will try keeping the board flat.

Getting sooooo close to pulling one off! Sure wish I lived closer to a lake where I could get out every few nights.

once you have spotted your landing, really step on that front foot and it will prevent you from spinning more, and will stop you from falling back in the wave.

Dreamer    96

My son landed his first 3 yesterday!

By the way, if anyone wants to purchase a Grom we have one for sale. Both my kids have graduated to the Flyboy. The Grom is a Walker Project Wake 9 board. 48" long and has three surf style fins. This is also a great board for the light weight ladies. Easily surfable up to 135 lbs.

PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Dreamer

RVR-RAT    269

^^^^ VERY NICE^^^ You should be a proud poppa :thumbsup:

Dreamer    96

Nice try on the 3 fropappy. Keep trying, it will come.

We were out today (sorry, no Gopro) and I landed two but junior missed all of his. The battle and trash talking is on!

fropappy    9

The 360 attempt was by the teenage son of one of my friends. It was his first try. I think he'll be successful next weekend.