bcollins    18

Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Looks basically like spray paint but end ups with kind of a rubber coating. Considering doing my tower speaker enclosures. They're aluminum/chrome and I kind of want the red to match the color scheme of the boat. Mostly concerned about the durability of the product....seems so easy to peel off. Anyway, just wondering. Have scene quite a few people using this stuff online to paint pretty much everything under the sun and it always turns out looking pretty nice. Let me know....thanks.

zetchvp    0

I just did my trailer wheels. They look good and it only cost about $22. I did a few chrome accent pieces on the boat as well, not sure whether or not I'll be doing them all or not. I was also looking at doing the speaker grills for my Rev 10's, jusy haven't yet. The stuff really is pretty cool, durable, but if you don't like the outcome you can just peel it off. I say do it!

bcollins    18

NIce, okay...I think I'll give it a go. I have some old cans I may experiment on.

zetchvp    0

Take pictures, I'm sure that red will pop and look really good.

superdtf    68

Yes! Do it! Pic's!

DarksideR    1,679

What a strange and awesome product!

zetchvp    0

Here is a pic of one of the wheels I did, I'll get one of the trailer and post up later on.

post-677-0-96052400-1339686300_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the wheels I did, I'll get one of the trailer and post up later on.

Hmmmm, was thinking about painting my rusty trailer rims and this may be the product to use. Thanks for the topic op.

zetchvp    0

Hmmmm, was thinking about painting my rusty trailer rims and this may be the product to use. Thanks for the topic op.

That is exactly why I did this. The coating on the trailer rims was started to look pitted, like there were "dry spots", so I looked into this stuff, and figured it was worth a go for under $25.

PayCheck    20

that looks great, is it about 25 each wheel, or will the can last for all 4?

• Like 1

bcollins    18

plasti dip crazy....everything in black is plasti dip, according to the place I found the pic. Okay, so who's going to plasti dip their entire boat. Go.

post-107-0-81530100-1339696630_thumb.jpg

zetchvp    0

that looks great, is it about 25 each wheel, or will the can last for all 4?

I bought 4 cans at Home Depot for under 25 bucks, and that is enough for 4 trailer wheels with multiple coats.

zetchvp    0

plasti dip crazy....everything in black is plasti dip, according to the place I found the pic. Okay, so who's going to plasti dip their entire boat. Go.

There was a guy on WW talking about doing his boat, don't know if he ended up doing it or not. There are a bunch of people who have done entire cars, so it's only a matter of time...

Here are a few of the wheels on my trailer.

post-677-0-27188400-1339701570_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-12841500-1339701591_thumb.jpg

post-677-0-06970500-1339701646_thumb.jpg

bcollins    18

There was a guy on WW talking about doing his boat, don't know if he ended up doing it or not. There are a bunch of people who have done entire cars, so it's only a matter of time...

Here are a few of the wheels on my trailer.

looks nice....but come on man, those would have looked sweet in red :pc:

zetchvp    0

looks nice....but come on man, those would have looked sweet in red :pc:

...and for $25, I can change to red when I get tired of the black... :thumbsup:

I actually strongly considered doing a red stripe along the outside lip of the wheel, or one down the middle of each spoke, but decided against it for now.

bcollins    18

Hows it holding up? I figure if it holds up on a set of rims it should be great for a few speaker cans.

zetchvp    0

Hows it holding up? I figure if it holds up on a set of rims it should be great for a few speaker cans.

So far so good, I'll report back after more mileage as it hasn't been very long since I did this.

truekaotik    458

That's cool guys! The smoke looks to be a idea for some steps in my boat. ;) you rock B for bringing this up :)

PayCheck    20

yeah i like the way it looks, may have to use it on our wheels. dont think it would look good on our cans though :thumbsup: