DrNate

FX-22 - New Centurion Model?

LakeSurfer    10

My buddy over at Towanza sent me these pics and gave me a brief over view what people can expect:

1. Surf: this boat was built to throw a clean Enzo wave on BOTH sides. The hull is new (as you can see). Supposedly, the chines down the side of the hull help create push in the wave once the boat is rolled over.

2. Back Vents: the vents actually have a "fin" going down the center of them that will keep water out

3. Hard Top: this is an option and would be for people that keep them up all year

4. Tower: Centurion is offering a new "tube" tower that will hold multiple racks

5. Freeboard: From just eying it, he thinks it is at least as high as my Enzo 244 (and just for reference, I surf my 244 all day with 2,400lbs plus people and that just runs me at the run rail. I am not even close to my vents)

6. Front "vents": I asked whether or not these would take on water, he said that should not be an issue at all.

7. The Avy will remain in the 2013 line up. If that is the case, I am guessing that this boat will be rolled out to the 21', 23' and 24' Enzo over the next couple of years if it does what Centurion says it will.

As I said before, I will hold my final opinion until I see it in person. However, after talking to the guys at Towanza, I feel a lot better about this boat. They are actually getting out on the boat this afternoon. So I will let you know what he says.

Edited by LakeSurfer

It's like they took features from all these different boats and bastardized them.

- Surf tabs: Mastercraft X-25

- Bow: Moomba Mojo 2.5

- Arm Rests: Nautique G23

- Dash: Well, I don't know...looks like they came out with that awful conglomerate themselves.

desotodave    0

Wow, the more I see the more I hate it. What is the deal with those scoops up front? Only use I can see is to grab the water and bury the bow. The whole bow aremisma disaster. I can't foe the life of me figure outmhow someone would actually sit there. Mi think of my kids, and hownthey play in the bow, just seems like no room at all, and nowhere to put your feet. The upholstery looks like about 3 steps down from what they are currently offering, very plain and cheap looking. What is the market for this boat, and what are they trying to achieve? Truly speechless. Was actually expecting something great after what they have done recently with the 233, and 244. Really if you ask 100 Enzo owners what they are dying for and gave them 3 choices 1. Picklefoek bow, 2. Hardtop Bimini, and 3. A higher freeboard, I would bet you would get 99 of them to choose higher freeboard. Just don't get who they are targeting, or listening too for that matter.

Troy. R    198

Thanks for the pics Lake!

Call me crazy, but I like it even more now that I've seen more of it.

What's MSRP?

LakeSurfer    10

desotodave: I have been told that the interior is extremely nice (up to par with the new 233/244) and you just cant tell from the crappy iPhone pics.

I just done know how I feel about the dash (I like my current one) or the scoops in the front. Maybe it will grow on me.

Edited by LakeSurfer

Do you really think that they come up with a design, build plugs, test boats and then molds in just a few months. I would bet they have been working on this for a year or more.

So lets look at your list.

Surf Tabs: Who did MasterCraft Copy from? Answer: Sanger. They have had them for at least 2 years. And if it makes the surf wakes better good for who every uses them.

Moomba Mojo 2.5. Introduced about 6 to 10 months ago. So I would bet it was after the FX Project was started. The bow is not the same to me. Look at he huge flair underneath the bow. I have not seen that on others.

Arm Rest: Actually I think MasterCraft had them before Nautque and I know many performance boats have had them for years, so if Centurion was trying to follow a performance Car look to the boat, why not arm rests?

Dash: I have been reading a whole thread on here about button touch start and stop. Looks like to me the Centurion has it in this dash. Looks to me the took the theme of the iPhone and made it into a video Dash, but kept the Big Analog style gauges that a lot of us commented on that some of the other companies have removed.

I think we need to see one, drive one and get an idea of what it is like before we all trash it. I will give them a chance. This could be the start of a whole new family of boats in the Centurion Line.

I really like what I am seeing in the pictures of the White Boat. The Red boat up on that display rack did not do much for me. But that is my opinion is all.

It's like they took features from all these different boats and bastardized them.

- Surf tabs: Mastercraft X-25

- Bow: Moomba Mojo 2.5

- Arm Rests: Nautique G23

- Dash: Well, I don't know...looks like they came out with that awful conglomerate themselves.

LakeSurfer    10

I think we need to see one, drive one and get an idea of what it is like before we all trash it. I will give them a chance. This could be the start of a whole new family of boats in the Centurion Line.

My guess is that if this boat does what it says, you are looking at the beginning of the new Enzo line.

My guess is that if this boat does what it says, you are looking at the beginning of the new Enzo line.

What does it claim to do? There is next to no information about this mysterious "3 axis" technology.

Troy. R    198

The more I see the more I like...

harlobra    24

Looks like that little shelf in the bow would hit you in the ribs or the kidneys.

gallery_7_416_71710.jpg