RhuntIII

Go Pro, Spots-vue and or other cameras

CeeDee    16

The only problem with the GoPro is it does not float !!!!!!

RhuntIII    555

true that Cee, they do have a surf edition that comes with a floating back

DarksideR    1,679

Floaty backpack. Works great.

CeeDee    16

Yeah I will get one of those for the new one.

wakeywakey    0

Link to video using GPHD2 on pole mount:

onionman    0

Floaty backpack. Works great.

I learned that it is not recommended to use the floaty back with the suction cup mount. Mine sunk.....

duramat    462

I learned that it is not recommended to use the floaty back with the suction cup mount. Mine sunk.....

DOH!!! Sorry to hear Onion :thumbdown:

I cut a piece of foam noodle and taped it onto my suctioncup mount. Its saved my bacon a couple of times

CeeDee    16

When I use my suction cup mount I tie a small piece of nylon cord from the camera to the tie down loop on the transom. I had the camera mounted to the bimini top with a handlebar mount. Surf rope got in behind it when I was starting out and didn't notice. When the rope went tight it pulled the camera off and sent it for a swim. I just bought a foamy back for the new camera today. The camera was only a month old and had the wifi backpack on it as well.

RhuntIII    555

Nooooo! Sorry about that Cee.

onionman    0

When I use my suction cup mount I tie a small piece of nylon cord from the camera to the tie down loop on the transom. I had the camera mounted to the bimini top with a handlebar mount. Surf rope got in behind it when I was starting out and didn't notice. When the rope went tight it pulled the camera off and sent it for a swim. I just bought a foamy back for the new camera today. The camera was only a month old and had the wifi backpack on it as well.

Mine had the backpac as well, and was 6 weeks old!!!! I will have to say when I plead my case to gopro they were awesome about it and gave me a new camera at a discount. Then told me not to count on the floaty with the suction cup.

cjohnson    33

My favorite wife bought me a gopro hero 2 for my birthday yesterday. She's the best. :sorcerer:

Does anyone have any experience with the swivel mounts for the tower to record wakeboarding? I did some searching online and found the wakejak and the airtrakker ones. Are there any others that are decent and not as expensive?

Also does anyone know when the software update is coming for the backpac so it can be linked to an iphone?

Nick213    583

Go pro hero 3 I bought a hero 2 last Sunday and the next day hurd about the new one so Monday when I found out I returned the hero 2 should have the hero 3 tomorrow these cameras are excellent and are on almost every show on discovery channel can't go wrong with the go pro

truekaotik    458

??? They don't ship the 3 until November 14?? They are taking preorders now though...

PayCheck    20

yes they should not be arriving tomorrow... if so you either got really lucky somehow or are buying another hero 2

Nick213    583

It'll be between nov 14-18th got it mixed up with a different order :(

Nick213    583

Go pro hero 3 came in today just waiting on the screen to come in now

truekaotik    458

They shipped em early :) isn't that sweet.. It's like Christmas...

DarksideR    1,679

You got the LCD backpack? If anyone else wants one, I'll sell mine to ya. I don't use it.

Nick213    583

They shipped em early :) isn't that sweet.. It's like Christmas...

ya my wife called me sayed it was in she is waiting on a something and was depressed when it was my go pro :) I wasn't

Nick213    583

You got the LCD backpack? If anyone else wants one, I'll sell mine to ya. I don't use it.

dont no when that gets shipped I thought it would all come together I ordered that the same day probably will show up tomorrow