LakeSurfer

Enzo 244 Earmark Install

doug743    53

i am already on board with the rev 10s and planned on either the jl 750 x1 or the syn 4. 2 of them, i am keeping the xs650s 6 in the boat. its a new 244 same as lake's. I guess i need to decide on the amps and the sub, either the xxx or the jl. should i stick with the xxx if i get all wetsounds amps or get the jl if i get all jl amps

h20king    794

Dave^^^ already did a custom sub box for lake surfer in his 244 so you will just need the same box they made for him all you have to do is pick the gear and place the order................................................H

h20king    794

All WS if you can swing it's a big name must have product that holds its value go to the gallery and check out the pics of Doc's install..........................H

Edited by h20king

LakeSurfer    10

All WS if you can swing it's a big name must have product that holds its value go to the gallery and check out the pics of Doc's install..........................H

H - In TX, everybody (or about 90%) that upgrade their boat systems with high end equipment run WS in-boats/tower speakers. I would bet that only 1/2 those boats run WS amps and subs. The bigger the system the more likely they are not running WS amps and subs. I am not trying to tell anybody not to run WS amps/subs (I really like them). I am just saying that I dont think it will impact resale value if you are using other high end equipment.

truekaotik    458

Arc has a new beast amp everyone :-) you may only be able to grab it directly from them as we have not received it yet... It's a 2500 watt pig with class H design ;-).... And no, there's still not marine series yet...

h20king    794

True do you have a link to the new amp I love my arc amps and would love to see the specs................................H

truekaotik    458

H, I don't have a web link. It was a email my Rep sent me. Showing it and kinda describing it, not the hard specs yet. I will get more info and let you know though for sure...sorry for the quick post, I just seen it and knew there were Arc followers here. :-)

truekaotik    458

Ok H, he is sending me info as soon as its available. It was showcased at SEMA this year on Nov.1-4th.. It is a KS2500 with class H design... My rep said it prolly won't be available to purchase for a couple months.. When I get the info I will email it directly to you..it's supposed to be a little more affordable to the Signature series, baller amps...

h20king    794

Thanks Bro.I would guess because it is a KS series which is what I'm ruining now that the amp will put out 2500 watts RMS at 2 ohms or 2200 watts RMS at 4 ohms.Sounds like it would be a nice match with the exile big 12 or big 15...........................................H

DavidEM    1

H,

Some of the Arc Audio KS series use tight regulation on the power supply while some of the models do not. That is why some models deliver a large disparity between 4 and 2-ohms while others do not. You may notice that the Arc Audio SE 4000 watt model uses an unregulated supply and creates a large premium in power as the load is lowered. So I wouldn't assume too much about the make-up until the unit has landed.

The Exile BIG12 and 15 are rated at 1600 RMS and you can still surpass the thermal capacity if you abuse them with that kind of power. I'm wondering what you would do with potentially 2500 watts on a 1600 watt woofer.

David

Earmark Marine

LakeSurfer    10

Taking the boat in tomorrow for ballast upgrade, window tent and tower lights. Spring can not get here soon enough!

truekaotik    458

Atleast you can tug it around without salt everywhere :-p haha

I agree that spring need to get here!! Good luck on your upgrades Surfer!!

Randy4life    0

Hey surfer i dunno if you seen my new thread but i just remembered reading you were gonna mount the REV410 in the center if you lookin for a mounting option i found a clamp made specifically made for our Gladiator towers so you dont need to modify them at all :) just thought i would spread the word i was pretty happy to find the clamp/bracket :) i started a new thread with all the contact info incase anyone was interested :)

LakeSurfer    10

Hey surfer i dunno if you seen my new thread but i just remembered reading you were gonna mount the REV410 in the center if you lookin for a mounting option i found a clamp made specifically made for our Gladiator towers so you dont need to modify them at all :) just thought i would spread the word i was pretty happy to find the clamp/bracket :) i started a new thread with all the contact info incase anyone was interested :)

I saw that, thanks for the info. Please post some pics when you get it. Do you know if the bracket will work with the new Rev 410?

Edited by LakeSurfer

wetsounds1    0

That bracket will work with the REV 410. The mounting loctions and hole pattern are the same as the PRo 485. However the REV 410 has the wiring through the center of the clamp like the new REV speakers. So that would be the only thing to look for. Would need to drill a small hole in the center of the tower for the wire and make sure it goes through the center hole on one of the clamps. But since the clamps have 3 holes, it should work as is. I will be getting a press release soon on the new stuff.

Tim

Wet Sounds

h20king    794

Tim will the new REV 410 have an option for wiring connection like the 485 has I would hate to drill more holes in my tower but am willing if thats the only option?? also will the speaker be able to be easily removed for long tow trips?? cant wait for pics and a press release.....................................H

DavidEM    1

H,

You can add a SpeakOn or Neutrik chassis mount connector to any pod after the fact.

David

Earmark Marine