CDABOAT

NEW MEMBER... 2006 ENZO

CDABOAT    14

Hello Centurion Crew…

New member here… officially.. Just bought a 2006 Enzo. I got a GREAT deal on her – less than 200 hours and in very good shape. She needed a good cleaning and that took a lot of my time today. I’m a convert having owned a Yamaha SX210 jet boat. I love that boat but it no longer fulfills my wake-surf hobby!!!

Wife and I are very excited to have the Enzo - and looking forward to big time surf sets in 2012. During the winter she will get additional ballast (only factory ballast right now) and a few other tweaks to be dialed in!!

Some questions if anyone can answer:

Ballast – planning to add 750 pounds to each side. Is that enough to get a great wake or should I go higher? The 750 will be in addition to the factory ballast.

Decorative silver plates – they are tarnished. What solution works best to restore the luster?

Snap out carpet – some of the snaps have come off the carpet. Tips on how to fix? Or better to replace the carpet. If replace, where’s the best place/best deal?

Current board racks do not swivel. I want to get swivel racks and one that can store a wakeboard. Where should I look?

Depth finder – I can’t get this thing to stop beeping. Can you guys help me to operate this???

Thanks, guys. I look forward to being a part of this great community and to make contributions once I’m all “learned up” and experienced with the Enzo!

Regards,

Dennis

harlobra    24

Congrats on your boat. We bought ours in July and this site has been an incredible wealth of knowledge. Everyone on here is supper helpful.

Edited by harlobra

truekaotik    458

Congrats and welcome also :-) I'm a squid also but can shed some light on some of your questions...

Ballast- these guys have theirs set up retarded so I will let them explain that.

Decorative plates- use mothers metal polish or never dull... It wasn't enought for me so I got a high speed fabric wheel for my drill and used white rouge compound first.

Carpet- if the snaps are coming out the backing is prolly trashed cause they rarely took it out possibly... I would just replace if rubber backing is degrading.. Call centurion and ask for Shell.

Swivel rack- depends on your tower and mounts, find that out first then visit the manufacturers site for good swivel racks. Although I've found them to be expensive.

Depth finder- sorry no help here :-(

Others will chime in when you post in the appropriate categories below :-) make sure to go thru all the threads cause most have had the issue before or want the same things...

h20king    794

Welcome to the crew.First off couple quick answers for ballast forget the 750 and think enzo sack.As for the trim you can just replace it http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ea8a3a43b or polish like true says or the other option would be to have the pieces powder coated.For swivel racks these our the best http://www.samsonspo...boardracks.html but there are cheaper choices just depends on your budget.New carpet can be had from centurion.As for the depth finder check the shallow water alarm setting.I recommend buying a membership it comes with a bunch of cool swag and will give you more storage and better access to the sight.Once again welcome to the crew hope the links help..................................H

CDABOAT    14

Thanks so much, guys. All noted and greatly appreciated!!!

- D

Dreamer    96

Adding only 750# will not be enough for a great wake. What sides are you going to surf on? What do you have for factory ballast? Are you going to be adding ballast sacs on your seats or do you want all of your ballast hidden. Does your boat have the sideswipe exhaust.

Post up the answers to these questions and I will point you in the right direction.

superdtf    68

Welcome to the crew.First off couple quick answers for ballast forget the 750 and think enzo sack.As for the trim you can just replace it http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ea8a3a43b or polish like true says or the other option would be to have the pieces powder coated.For swivel racks these our the best http://www.samsonspo...boardracks.html but there are cheaper choices just depends on your budget.New carpet can be had from centurion.As for the depth finder check the shallow water alarm setting.I recommend buying a membership it comes with a bunch of cool swag and will give you more storage and better access to the sight.Once again welcome to the crew hope the links help..................................H

Yup, Enzo sac.

Dreamer    96

You do not want the stock Enzo sac. Not enough fill/empty holes in the sac and it was made for boats with sideswipe exhaust. I need more information to send you in the right direction.

My SV230. Custom enzo sac, no sacs on the seats and only a 160# driver and a 130# spotter. Once we add passengers the wave gets massive!

CDABOAT    14

You do not want the stock Enzo sac. Not enough fill/empty holes in the sac and it was made for boats with sideswipe exhaust. I need more information to send you in the right direction.

My SV230. Custom enzo sac, no sacs on the seats and only a 160# driver and a 130# spotter. Once we add passengers the wave gets massive!

Thanks, Dreamer.. Appreciate getting me in the right direction. Okay, my current plan is.. in addition to the 220 lb factory ballast... add 1100 lb sacks on both sides. I surf on the port side of the boat. However, I have friends that surf on the right side. I do not have sideswipe exhaust.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Dreamer    96

So are you going to fill and empty the 1100# sac with a Tsunami pump or are you going to plumb them into your boat? Probably not too big a deal to use the Tsunami. When you are switching sides just pump the water from sac to sac.

For surfing fill both of your stock 220# midship tanks, plus the 1100# sac on the surf side and your wave will be ok. Start your speeds around 10.7 mph. As you add people (ballast) to your boat your wave will grow nicely and you should bump up your speed a little. Do you have a Bennett Trim tab? If so then up for surfing on the port side and down for the starboard side.

We ride with about 2200# of ballast and go 11.5 mph (gps pp). 1800# enzo sac on the port side and another 400# under the starboard side seat behind the driver. As we add people I have to balance them from side to side to keep the gas cap from getting to the waterline. You will need the first three people spread out down the surf side but if you have more than that you can start to spreading them from side to side and at the back.

Don't let people ride on top of the sundeck as you will risk taking in water through those side vents if you get too much weight at the back. The wave will be better with the ballast in the boat anyway.

Good luck and enjoy the process of tuning a wave. It is addictive and you will never stop!

Edited by Dreamer

CDABOAT    14

Hi Dreamer,

I am totally addicted to surfing... it is such a blast!!

I am getting the sacs plumbed in. I will surf on the left side. I do have the trim tab.

Are you saying that I will need additional ballast if it's just the wife and I out there for a surf set?

If I happen to get water in the side vent what kind of damage risk is present?

Thanks so much for all of your input!!!

Dreamer    96

With a light crew your wave will be fine for surfing. If you get caught up in the "bigger is better" guy thing then you might want to get a 400# sac to throw on the surf side seat.

Your blower vent comes to one of those vents which could be damaged from taking on water. We only surf the port side so I moved the blower to the starboard side and I sealed up those holes behind the screen on the port side.

One thing we have not talked about is the propeller that you have. I really liked the Acme 537 when we only used 1500# of ballast but once I added the custom sacs we could not hold speed so I upgraded to a 1579. What do you have? It should be stamped on the prop near the shaft.

superdtf    68

I use stock Enzo sac's (the new ones have plenty of holes), and I have the switchblade. Admittedly we never go without several other people. The stock Enzo sac's preserve a lot of the storage in the lockers and under the seats. Truth is, we do not want for anything in the surfable wave department, and we're the envy of all of our friends (with a few exceptions that are frequent stalkers on this site :secret: ).

Surfmoocher has the "full monty" custom Enzo sac's and bow sac. It's amazing (seriously sick and amazing), but the drawback is he's left with very little storage. I like to surf behind his boat more than my own, but I like owning my boat more because we still wakeboard, ski, and the kids all ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard (translation: lots of different pieces of gear that doesn't fit in racks). Also, Surfmoocher covers up the vent on the ballast side, whereas, with mindful driving we're able to avoid that.

Surfmoocher went to the 1579, I'm still on the 645.

I'm not advocating, I just want there to be informed decision.

CDABOAT    14

Thanks Superdtf. Appreciate that bit of info.

I would like to have storage space as well but not sure my budget can afford the Enzo Sac.. I gotta think 1100 # plus stock 220# should get a very nice wake.. agree? How much is the siwtchblade?.

Dreamer, appreciate your last tidbit. Good stuff there. I'd rather not have to go with a 400# if it's just the wife and I.. but.. on the other hand that is also a good option to have when it's fewer people.

Prop.. Good point - I know that I need to change it out. I'm not sure of the exact number that is on the boat right now but I'll get the data. I'm definitely in the market for a prop that's suited for the extra wake so appreciate the advice on the Acme.

Dreamer    96

Your wave with just the 1100# sac and stock tanks will be fine, especially for inexperienced riders learning new tricks. My wave is so powerful that it is intimidating for the beginners getting behind my boat. When you want a monster wake you will need people or more sacs.

The swithblades are not required for a great wave. They are worth up around $3000.

Troy    234

welcome!

LakeSurfer    10

Welcome to the Crew

I would

(1) pull all of the hard tanks, but the center tank,

(2) open up the area under the side seats by cutting open the section under the seat that has been filled in over the hard tanks

(3) buy an Enzo sac for each side. it will take up all the space in the back locker and under the surf side seat when it is full, but you will have a ton of storage

(4) purchase a 400lb sac and a Tsunami pump

(5) upgrade the prop and take the stock prop and have it redone as close as possible as the new prop (will make a good spare prop)

Note: if you go and buy an 1,110 surf sac and run the stock mid tanks you will just be putting off the inevitable. Everybody tries to go the "economical" rout, but just ends up buying Enzo sacs the next season. If you keep your eye out, people put them up for sale every once and a while.

Note 2: You can come ride anytime with me. I am always looking for new guys to surf with. We are on Lewisville

superdtf    68

Welcome to the Crew

I would

(1) pull all of the hard tanks, but the center tank,

(2) open up the area under the side seats by cutting open the section under the seat that has been filled in over the hard tanks

(3) buy an Enzo sac for each side. it will take up all the space in the back locker and under the surf side seat when it is full, but you will have a ton of storage

(4) purchase a 400lb sac and a Tsunami pump

(5) upgrade the prop and take the stock prop and have it redone as close as possible as the new prop (will make a good spare prop)

Note: if you go and buy an 1,110 surf sac and run the stock mid tanks you will just be putting off the inevitable. Everybody tries to go the "economical" rout, but just ends up buying Enzo sacs the next season. If you keep your eye out, people put them up for sale every once and a while.

Note 2: You can come ride anytime with me. I am always looking for new guys to surf with. We are on Lewisville

This is dead on. Don't waste your time with 1100's. The only skimping you want to do is stock Enzo's instead of custom. With the stock sac's on our 240 we still have room in the rear locker for lifejackets, kids' skis, a ski trainer, and a wakeskate. I didn't change my prop and we do just fine.