h20king

New soulcraft fang tail

h20king    794

Found this on facebook.Looks like soulcraft is working on a new design.Hopefully Jeff will post up with the low down and some more pics....................................H

post-777-0-68790400-1319393875_thumb.jpg

soulcraft    0

So far so good on the fang tail, We switched up the rail on that board to more of a surf rail instead of the down rail. Its allowing for more pumping drive and smoother release on the surface tricks.

duffymahoney    10

Wow he is good! I don't know how people get so good at wakesurfing!

Wiggles    2

Really liking the looks of the Soulcraft boards!!! I can't wait to to order my new custom....

h20king    794

Wow he is good! I don't know how people get so good at wakesurfing!

Duffy you have to try Jeff's boards your both in Idaho so it only makes sence..I think you will relay like them.To me they feel much lighter and faster than the shredstixx boards................................................H

h20king    794

Jeff have the reviews from Jimmi come in??I would love to hear his thoughts on the board...............................H

duffymahoney    10

Someday I would love to try one of his boards, they look great. The new custom chaos board from shred stixx is super super fast, the fastest hands down I have tried, it has a flatter rocker then normal hazen and it's a parabolic. The only real issue is with rocker that it's a give and take. Too little and it will pearl, too much and it will seem slow. Remember that chases Shred Stixx boards are designed and meant to be pumped so they feel slow to some, but you can generate a ton of speed with effort and pumping. I am super out of wind and tired after a long surfing set. If you want them fast down the line then you need a flatter rocker or longer- larger. I have ridden a bunch of brands, shapes, custom from ocean shapping masters etc... All have pluses and minuses. Shred Stixx does a great job and if you can handle the need to pump it and learn how to ride them, they rock. Everything changes with shapes and technology pretty fast and it's expensive to keep up on:) My next year board will be a custom thresher quad (they look a little more like soulcrafts design shape) and a larger, flatter hazen custom from chaos, both will be parabolic and have carbon on the rails. I am trying to talk one of my buddies into a soulcraft board for next year. We shall see what he does, sweet looking boards as always!!

Edited by duffymahoney

DarksideR    1,679

I wish I had more time on the ShredStixx to try to figure it out. I was one of those people that find it slow. Although the wave we had on the boat when I was riding it wasn't at it's best. The Hazen was super stable but felt like a tank. I feel that the stability would come in handy when trying harder tricks and REALLY wanted to love it, but didn't enjoy it much unfortunately. The Soulcraft was light, fast, and agile. Loved it right off the bat. Although it was very similar to my IS Mucus, just lighter and faster. I'm still not sure what I'll be buying next spring.

duramat    462

I tried to ride the Hazen like I do on my other boards (rear foot at the base of the kickplate) I couldnt get the speed and the wave would eventually pass me on by. ChrisJr showed me that I needed to be more forward on the board so I scooted my stance up and it helped but it I still couldnt keep up, so I scooted even more up. Sure enough, I found the light and could make the board work for me. I liked it....ALOT. I just dont know if I like the thought of spending that amount of coin again for it LOL

I REALLY liked the Soulcraft. I had my best surfsets ever on them. My riding was the best Ive ever had and it was on there boards. My personal board collection are all Inland's, Thats all Ive ever known. My intent at going to the crew meet in Texas was to try other boards that I didnt have access too back home. The ONLY reason i was surfed the Mucas at the Meet was because the Soulcrafts were on other boats. I could justify the cost for a Soulcraft, I liked it and I liked the simplicity (looks) of the board. I like that you can cusomize the board with your own graphic design like H20 did. THAT GETS ME THINKIN.

h20king    794

Duffy I had a chance to check out the shredstixx boards at the gathering but did not get a chance to ride one.Before you spend all that cash you should get a hold of Jeff and ask if he has any demo boards for sale.I have seen demo soulcraft boards on E Bay from cal marine sports (great guys buy the way) priced in the low $400 range.Every board made by soulcraft is a custom and is hand made by Jeff.The soulcraft boards are super light fast and thin.They can support large amounts of weight in a small package buy not using much rocker and putting more surface area of the board on the water.I watched Doc who is 225 LBS + ride a 4'8" jetty squash tail with no problems.The jetty series has a progressive to sharp edge that works amazing with the twinzer fin set up.When you pump the board edge to edge it takes off like a rocket with little effort.RJ from wake nine rides a shredstixx custom and a soulcraft Jetty but in the reviews preferred the soulcraft over the shredstixx.I am sure with your riding style once you try a soulcraft you will be hooked..............................H

h20king    794

Here is a link of Jimmi Sparling riding the fang tail

http://vimeo.com/30935081

Man not sure if its just me but I love this video. Jimmie's riding looks so smooth and effortless.I think the smile on his face at the beginning of the video is a great review of the new fang tail........................H

duffymahoney    10

I sort of ride for shred stixx. Basically I get deals for being a fan. But I still pay a lot for boards. My style of ridding is basically a copy of chase's (although much worse) and I don't change easily:) Have you ever ridden a ja mako or a thresher? Ja mako is the fastest down the line board (no pumping) I have ever ridden. Also chase's boards top out at like 180 max weight with a great wave (this is my opinion). So you would need a longer- bigger one like RJ rides. We have a local here that shapes boards and used to be a pro shaper in cali before moving to idaho. His boards are crazy light, small and very fast, a lot of people like them, but I still always find my way back to the custom hazen. Remember mine are different then chases. I think they might start selling the chaos shape. It's amazing in my book. Chase doesn't like it as much because it tends to pearl when landing airs etc... but with a little learning curve I have figured out how to not pearl it now. I even landed a couple of big air 180 revert (I don't know what the actual trick is called) My favorite trick now is to pump down the line as fast as I can and just before I hit the boat I do almost a full bottom turn and slash as hard as I can. Super fun makes me feel like I am really surfing. Ok, enough about Shred Stixx.

This all being said, I think Soulcrafts are super sweet, I love seeing everyone getting excited for custom boards, especially since these are all hand made works of art. Shaping is an art form in my book, It will be neat to see how his designs change as this sport evolves. And that kid is killing it in the video, he makes it look effortless. Also we need to get rack manufactures to start making true padded racks for these amazing boards. No reason they can't figure out a better system.

h20king    794

Here are a couple more pics of a finished fang tail next to a custom jetty for RJ at wake nine that I got off facebook.If getting a price break for being a fan and being stoked on goods from company's and shops in the industry means you sort of ride for them I guess I'm one sponsored MO.. FO.. LOL big shout to all my sponsors you know who you are...........LOL sorry could not help myself now back to your regularly scheduled program..........................H

post-777-0-29165100-1321211455_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-80584400-1321211466_thumb.jpg

duffymahoney    10

I am considered a flo pro. Which I take as being a fan:) The carbon looks great.

DarksideR    1,679

That Jimmy guy rips! Can't wait for next season to start. Hopefully this winter will rock!

h20king    794

I am ready for next season as well.Our snow forecast says maybe open by turkey day :clapping::thumbsup: ..........................................H