Sign in to follow this  
WakeDoc

We have Joined the Wet Sounds REVOLUTION

WakeDoc    471

We recieved our two new pairs of Wet Sounds Revolution REV10's Friday along with two Wet Sounds SYN4 Amps to power them at 400 watts RMS each. It is fixing to be a much louder summer for sure! I am going to take picture of the install/replace process of the exisiting PRO80's and will post the pictures later this weekend.

First I have to share how well put together not only the products are that Wet Sounds sells but, it does not stop there, they truly pay attention to all the details right down to the packaging of their products, check it out below.

gallery_66_292_1887.jpg

The Wet Sounds REV10's come one pair to a box, the box weighs in at 34 lbs. and is double strapped to not only support the weight of the speakers but, to insure if the tape was to fail that the box will not open.

gallery_66_292_18908.jpg

Did I say box before, I should have said boxes since the Revolution 10 speakers are doubles boxed, the literature waiting for you along with a die cut Wet Sounds decal on top of each speaker.

gallery_66_292_16015.jpg

The Rev 10 speakers are further protected by a form fitting styrofoam clam shell that keeps the speakers in place during shipping.

gallery_66_292_8192.jpg

The styrofoam clam shells not only hold and protect the Rev10 speakers but, also keep all of the mounting hardware in place as well.

gallery_66_292_6618.jpg

Each Rev10 speaker is also wrapped in a foam sac to further protect them from being scratched.

gallery_66_292_13298.jpg

Once the foam sac is removed each Rev10 is also wrapped in stretch wrap.

Wet Sounds puts a ton of time into the development of their products and is great to see that they do not stop there, they see it all way through and design packaging that is going to insure that when what you ordered will get to you without being so much as scratched.

WakeDoc    471

A few pictures of the Wet Sounds Revolution REV10 Speakers themselves before the install. A few things that caught my eyes were how heavyduty the cones and surrounds look, I was told to expect around 15 hours for the speakers to really warm up and perform to their true poetential. Looking at and feeling them I can definently see why. Other thing that caught my eye, again attention to detail, is that the stainless overlay is inlayed into the grill making it flush with the rest of the grill.

gallery_66_292_27907.jpg

gallery_66_292_11920.jpg

gallery_66_292_31698.jpg

gallery_66_292_24267.jpg

gallery_66_292_4948.jpg

gallery_66_292_15252.jpg

Well off to sweat out the install, at least it is only a high of 91 degrees today, more to come.

DarksideR    1,679

Very nice!

Sure beats the 4 stock sony speakers I have in my boat! lol

h20king    794

Sweet I'm so glad you upgraded and cant wait to hear your system at the gathering but now you can you make me a deal on the LED lite rings from your pro 80's for my pro 485's LOL I don't want to spend a ton of money so I can start saving for the ten inch version of the 485 that is sure to come....................................H

jquick    0

they look good... please give me a review on the comparing 2 485s vs 4 rev 10s and rev10s vs 2 mb8 & 2pro 80s.

h20king    794

Pics?? review of the new speakers??.............................H

WakeDoc    471

We got everything installed the weekend before the 4th of July, just in time for the holiday. We had listened to the new setup at the house and in the warehouse when tuning them but, had not really had them in the open until this past weekend and man were we blown away. Just to give a little background we had two Wet Sounds Pro485's on the last boat on a double up tower and could not have been happier, they rocked like nothing else we had ever owned. With the new boat and since we went with the Gladiator tower our only choice was single speakers because of the way they mount to the tower. After some debating we went with a pair of Pro80's and a pair of MB8's, the set up rocks but, was not the pair of Pro485's that we had become used to. So the original plan was to add a Pro485 in the middle of them to get a richer sound. The amp rack was setup and had a amp installed for the Pro485 but, we never had time to get it installed since we needed to redo the set of brackets that held the Pro80’s. Then when we heard the Revolution Series was coming out we decided to wait. We got to listen to a pair of the prototypes and were sold and decided to switch out the tower speakers and amps. After spending time railing on them over the weekend we could not be happier with our choice to replace the original setup with the Rev10's and switch out the two Syn2 amps and replace them with Syn4's to power each Rev10 at 400 watts rms. Every person behind the boat over the weekend could not believe the clarity of these speakers. The sound is so well rounded they truly sound nothing like a compression horn driven system. They are crisp, very rich and put out a ton of bass. It is shocking how good the speakers sound by themselves with the sub and interior turned off. Turn everything on and you get a concert right behind your boat, the Rev10's are the most amazing, best sounding speakers I have heard to date, you have got to hear these things!

gallery_66_292_22697.jpg

First Wet Sounds rev10 install on left original pro80 on right

gallery_66_292_16602.jpg

Profile shot of the speakers, rev10 on the outside, pro80 on inside

gallery_66_292_14630.jpg

Wet Sounds Rev10's on the Left and Pro80's on the right

gallery_66_292_5023.jpg

Wet Sounds Pro80's are the closest and Rev10's are the furthest

gallery_66_292_31823.jpg

Wet Sounds Rev10's are the closest and Pro80's are the furthest

gallery_66_292_11272.jpg

Wet Sounds Rev10's mounted on Centurion Evolution Tower viewing from the port side

gallery_66_292_1229.jpg

Wet Sounds Rev10's mounted on Centurion Gladiator Tower viewing from the starboard side

gallery_66_292_55791.jpg

View from the back f the boat of Wet Sounds Rev10's

gallery_66_292_83224.jpg

Wet Sounds Rev10's installed and ready for the lake

WakeDoc    471

A few pictures of the boat from over the weekend.

gallery_66_292_28513.jpg

gallery_66_292_71.jpg

gallery_66_292_1603.jpg

gallery_66_292_57605.jpg

gallery_66_292_19398.jpg

DrNate    426

looks awesome and thanks for the detailed write-up. So any chance you're selling the Rev 10's?

DrNate    426

Geez, I meant the Pro 80's of course :)

Are you going to run the Pro 80's and the Rev 10? What about the MB-8?

WakeDoc    471

No just showing the difference between them, we are now running 2 rev10's on each side of the tower.

jquick    0

so the 4 rev 10s sound better then 2 485's? ive been contemplating on changing my pro80/mb8's for two 485's.

DavidEM    1

jquick,

I wouldn't really say its a matter of better or worse. Its just different. Until the new Rev8s and Rev10s, the Pro485 represented the very best that was available from Wetsounds in sound quality.

I had a husband and wife in a couple of weeks ago and he liked the Rev10s while she liked the Pro485s. That was totally predictable. I could understand the perceptions of both and why they differed. The Rev10 is going to be the more popular choice. I would say I have a very educated ear and depending on the program material we are listening to I find preferences for both. I can tell you the Revs are a major sound quality upgrade from the Pro80s on any music regardless of personal taste.

Now there are three great choices where you can have serious projection with enjoyable near field listening too. There's just no substitue for a direct side by side demo. But if you must choose only one you can't lose.

David

Earmark Marine

h20king    794

J I have had my 485's on the water and put some time in listening to them and all I can say is I am in love they are the perfect match for the height and size of the double up tower and the position it puts the speakers in. Its hard to get a good feel for what a speaker is going to sound like unless you get them on the water where they belong and the 485's are right on the money I think the only way they could be better is if wetsounds gave us a 10 inch woofer in them.........................H

h20king    794

Doc like I said above I would be more than happy to take the led speaker rings off your hands.I already have parts from your old Enzo in my boat so might as well add some parts form your new ride as well....................H

@DavidEM - Will the Rev 10 and the MB-8 be a good pair or 2 sets of Rev 10's? I already have the 2 Syn4's as Tim told me to get those just in case of future enhancements. Now I know why. I am selling my Pro80's now and getting the Rev 10's.

h20king    794

Columbia don't you think the rev tens will look funny on a searay express cruiser :hrhr::hrhr:

WakeDoc    471

Considering that the Rev10's are 300 watts rms and the MB8's are 150 watts rms I think you will either have to overpower the MB8's or if you run them per the specs. the Rev10's will run over them. The reason we went with the Pro80 and MB8 combo was to get the maximum amount of bass possible from the overall setup. The Rev10's overcome that issue, they put out significantly more bass. The reason we went to the Rev10's was that we were use to have the Pro485's and missed the power and output they could handle, the Rev10's have given this back to us.

A pair of Pro485's is an outstanding combo and was the best setup we have ever had until the Rev10's, are the Rev10's better? That would be up to the person listening to them, personally I would love to have a boat with Pro485's and a Boat with Rev10's side by side for a comparison. Now that I think of it I do know someone local with a pair of Pro485's, this might happen sonner than later.

H20, I will talk to you offline about the LED rings.

DavidEM    1

David P,

I don't like the match up of a Rev10 and MB8 and here's why.

The MB8 would obviously be a midbass enhancement for the smaller Pro60s. But it also has stronger midbass than the same size Pro80 because the MB8 has a continuous and uninterrupted cone resulting in more surface area and a sealed cone/pod. So if you really wanted to warm up the Pro80s, which do have alot of in-your-face treble, then the MB8 could be the ticket. They bring more midbass, warmth and balance...in a word or two...Sound Quality.

When we get to the new Rev10 I don't see that the MB8 is an upgrade or an enhancement. The smaller 8-inch sealed midbass could possibly sound a bit punchier but the Rev10 really has excellent midbass extension. And the sound shaping of the Rev10 is such that there isn't anything to moderate or accentuate. Its simply a great sounding stand-alone speaker. So I can't imagine devoting a Syn4 to a limited bandwidth MB8 when it could be powering a fullrange Rev10. With twice the fullrange power and twice the fullrange speaker you will be using your equipment under capacity and I feel that the system used most conservatively always sounds the best.

David

Earmark Marine