So... I'm in my first boat, never knew what options I really wanted.... I'm thinking the depth finder/water temp gauge would be a good bolt on this winter (amongst other things)

In front of the engine is wire labelled for Depth finder etc... Anyone put this in after and have any suggestions? I'm presuming that it's pre-wired to the helm and all I need is the gauge, and unit to put on the bottom of the boat?

Any help would be great...

Who knew... with a little diging you can even answer your own questions...

The transducer in the boat is a three way (speed/temp/depth)

Only the speed is hooked up, all I need is the gauge...

acpilot    1

Great thread

I am also wondering how the air temp sensor works or takes it's reading from. I have attached a picture of the guage I have installed. My depth and water temp work great but I get no reading for air temp. Any ideas to check if it is hooked up properly.

islander033    2
Great thread

I am also wondering how the air temp sensor works or takes it's reading from. I have attached a picture of the guage I have installed. My depth and water temp work great but I get no reading for air temp. Any ideas to check if it is hooked up properly.

Mine doesn't do air temperature either, it is like there isn't an air temp sensor hooked up to it.

Here is the owners manual for it. http://faria-instruments.com/site_manuals/...97C_ecr6190.pdf

Edited by islander033

jquick    0

i am also planning to add the depth finder this winter. how much is the gauge going for and where is the best place to get it from?

towboat 222    1

the the sensors come as a option. standard when you order it in boat.

i have an enzo, which may make a difference, but i just ordered the depth finder and it has air and water temps. all i have to do is push the up arrow on the guage and where it says W -80 (water temp) it will say A-80 (air temp). I was unaware that they offered a different type depth guage. The one in the picture a few posts ago looks just like mine.....

WakeDoc    471

When we first got the boat I had not put much thought into the gauge and saw the W80 and just thought of the truck and thought the W80 was west at 80 degrees...my wife was laughing her a$$ off when she said, "it's the water temp...duh!" guess everyone has blonde moments

i am also planning to add the depth finder this winter. how much is the gauge going for and where is the best place to get it from?

Dealer quoted me $240cdn... haven't poked around online yet....

smitty    0

My wife bought me one after our first trip out she dinged the prop in shallow water...

I ordered this one..

http://www.boatersland.com/far-13750.html

No air or water temp but I also didn't have to drill ANOTHER hole in the boat! When you order you have a choice

of which transducer you would like so I ordered the in-hull. You just basically glue it to the hull inside the boat (there is

a perfect spot for it between the ballast tank and fuel tank) run the wires and your done. I also wired it to the accessory on the

ignition switch so if we are just hanging out we can keep an eye on the depth.

-Jeremy

jquick    0

cool thanks for the link. i have the 2008 falcon v and it has a wire harness in the engine compartment. are the faria gauges plug and play on the 08 falcon V?

1911    4

I know this was posted a while ago, but it made me think of a question. My depth finder works great in shallow water, up to 100', which is where I spend most of my time. When I go in water deeper that 100', a constant alarm sounds, and I end up just turning the thing off. I dont have a users manual, so I cant figure out how to fix it. Any ideas???

smitty    0
I know this was posted a while ago, but it made me think of a question. My depth finder works great in shallow water, up to 100', which is where I spend most of my time. When I go in water deeper that 100', a constant alarm sounds, and I end up just turning the thing off. I dont have a users manual, so I cant figure out how to fix it. Any ideas???

There is a shallow and a deep water alarm, I bet you just need to set the deep water alarm.

If it's a Faria gauge:

Press the on/off mode untill it displays "DP" deep depth alarm setting, press and hold the up or down arrows to adjust to the depth desired. You would do the same to adjust the shallow except the mode would be "SH".

Hope this helps...

1911    4

Smitty,

It helped tremendously and I think I fixed it. Thanks

edwardo    0

I just bought an 08 Enzo SV240 and it didnt have the depth/temp gauge. Does my boat had the prewiring for it (IE Transducer...Etc.) or is only on certain models?

renobruin    0

My SV240 didn't have it either. Your dealer or fineline (call Shell at x20) can tell you if your paddle wheel is prepped for it. I ordered the stock faria depth/WT/AT and wiring harness, was about $220.