Trevor Gleadhill

Building a new house

Beautiful house Trevor. I like that brick exterior and the wood garage doors. You don't see to many homes in California with brick on the exterior. How many Square feet is the house?

Thanks Enzo - You're right, not many brick houses out there. I spent 38 years in San Jose, CA and only moved out here 15 months ago. The house is 4213 sq ft. The crown jewel (for me, Sue would not agree but supports it) is the 4 car garage. Specifically the one with the 9 ft door which is pushed 27 ft deep. The new home for my boat.

T

Carter13    69

I really like the total package, especially the brick Trevor. Very well thought out, especially making the garage big enough to fit the boat. You are going to love being 10 minutes to the boat launch.

When my wife and I were looking for homes on property 4+ years ago I can't tell you how many of them had garage's that would not even fit our AVY in them.

The crown jewel we found was deep enough to store our boat straight in on both the double and single garage spots.

The bonus is we are 2.5 miles from our boat launch that connects to the Columbia which is awesome in so many ways. We also have enough room for a 48'X48' Shop/Man Cave which will have 14' high doors for our toys when we can scrape enough $ together.

Edited by Carter13

enzo101mo    98

Trevor your son inspired me to build a wake board rack in my garage. I have been putting it off since I built my garage at the Lake. Tell him he did a great job :thumbsup:

Edited by enzo101m0

RVR-RAT    269

Beautiful home Trevor !!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Bongo Fury    640

Trevor....really nice home! It was fun to follow your thread. We did a tear down and built our home about ten years ago. It was a wonderful yet challenging experience and has worked out very well for us. I don’t think we could afford to buy our house today. Living in the SF Bay Area, imagine what your beautiful new home would cost if you were still in San Jose! Well done! :clapping:

Beautiful home Trevor !!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Thanks RVR-RAT!

Trevor....really nice home! It was fun to follow your thread. We did a tear down and built our home about ten years ago. It was a wonderful yet challenging experience and has worked out very well for us. I don’t think we could afford to buy our house today. Living in the SF Bay Area, imagine what your beautiful new home would cost if you were still in San Jose! Well done! :clapping:

Thanks Bongo. Glad you enjoyed, it was fun to build. My wife and I have talked about that cost of this house if it were back home in Almaden where we lived. It would be 2.5MM or so. Just comparing the price per square foot that I sold my Almaden house for multiplied by the sq footage is 2.31MM. I am thinking with the master bath, kitchen, media room and garage upgrades it would go for more.

T