BigWillOKC    1

I would like to replace all the lighting inside the boat with LED's. I pulled one of the lights, (the one above the built in cooler) thinking i could just swap out bulbs with leds, but they appear to be sealed. Has anyone else replaced these with LEDs? If so where did you get them?

h20king    794

Many of us have replaced our interior lites with LED'S and there are several threads you just have to do some searching hopefully some day this site will have a DIY section so these threads are easy for everyone to find. Replacement led bulbs are available on E-Bay for the built in courtesy lites and LED pods are available everywhere I bought mine from superbriteleds.com I changed all mine to red and have them throughout my boat I even have a couple in the side vents for back lighting looks super cool at night................H

post-777-0-45167700-1295198444_thumb.jpg

BigWillOKC    1

Yeah I did try searching for led lighting and just led by itself an got no results. I am wanting to do red as well how does it work as an actual light? Can you still see everything well when you look in the icechest and whatnot?

h20king    794

you can see fine just install twice as many as you think you will need because red light is not as bright as white.They are super easy to do just tap in to the courtesy lites as the LED's draw almost nothing. I am thinking about adding a lite to the cooler and glove box this year as well as putting lites in all the compartments under the seat cushions.............H

LakeSurfer    10

you can see fine just install twice as many as you think you will need because red light is not as bright as white.They are super easy to do just tap in to the courtesy lites as the LED's draw almost nothing. I am thinking about adding a lite to the cooler and glove box this year as well as putting lites in all the compartments under the seat cushions.............H

Here are a few pics (not good pics) of my red LEDs. I dont have one in the cooler (just on both sides of the walk way) but the one I put in the glove box and that works great.

post-465-0-29761300-1295206686_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-25493300-1295206675_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-74438700-1295206700_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-92844700-1295206714_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-26182600-1295206737_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-46706600-1295206745_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-98120300-1295206751_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-55759600-1295206762_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-42937600-1295206773_thumb.jpg

Edited by LakeSurfer

BigWillOKC    1

LakeSurfer what is that one that is in your first pic? That looks like exactly what i'm looking for...where did you get them?

LakeSurfer    10

LakeSurfer what is that one that is in your first pic? That looks like exactly what i'm looking for...where did you get them?

I dont know. My stereo guy installed all of my LEDS. But I think this sight has something that is very close. I also believe JoeB, Elc or H installed their own so maybe they will chime in.

http://www.customdynamics.com/boating/led_boating_lights.htm

Edited by LakeSurfer

WakeDoc    471

This post reminded me that I have some LED's that we did not use on the boat that I need to get rid of I have added them to the classifieds HERE if intrested.

smitty    0
BigWillOKC    1

Those look awesome....which transom lights do you have on your boat? I am ordering the speaker rings for my wetsounds pro 80s as well, but my question is how do you get the wires from the speaker ring to the tower? Do you have to modify the speaker to run them through the speaker can?

smitty    0

Fishing the wire through is not a big deal, we have the evolution tower so there is plenty of room. Depending on the tower there are a few different way's to do it, I'm sure you can google it and there will be plenty to read.

As for the lights I used these, not the brightest but I like them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNDERWATER-BOAT-LED-LIGHT-UNDER-WATER-FISHING-MARINE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf47e17d7QQitemZ330519418839QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

Joe B    17

The plug and play bulbs from the interior lights, I just searched ebay for the socket size: T-10 LEDs. I got 5 clusters and love it. Not too bright which I like. I added superbrightleds.com or something but I bought 3-cluster to put in the 2 bow area cutouts and the 2 rear cupholder cutouts.

I'm about to pull the trigger on lumitec seablaze 3 underwater leds, but I really want Red to match the interior, so might just go cheapo and get the bullet lines that smitty has. I don't boat much at night so cheap is better than the best for me.

BigWillOKC    1

Does anyone have any of the Shadow-Caster SC-6 lights in red? Those look friggin sweet but they are $479 each......i'm not buying those without knowing for DAMN sure they are BAD tush. I could get 4 of the bullet lines ones for the price of ONE of those...

I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead!

Those red oval led lights are just what I want to put in all over my 2007 Typhoon. None of these old eBay links work any more. Does anyone have a source for a replacement red or blue led oval court light?

InfinitySurf    302
21 hours ago, freddiefokker said:

I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead!

Those red oval led lights are just what I want to put in all over my 2007 Typhoon. None of these old eBay links work any more. Does anyone have a source for a replacement red or blue led oval court light?

Amazon has a bunch of different options you can search in red, blue or white for LED courtesy lights

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=oval+red+led+12+volt+rv+courtesy+lights&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=round+red+led+12+volt+rv+courtesy+lights&ref=nb_sb_noss

1jeffgignac    7

Glad this thread has been revived. I am going through this same process and just had a moment of clarity regarding my particular situation:

I am in the process of replacing my in-boat speakers with upgraded units that come with LED effects. Will the effect from 6 LED speakers be enough or should I go all in and replace the courtesy lights with RED LEDs in addition to the speakers LEDs?

Matched with a triple LED red boat plug light, I want my boat to be a red and black mass cruising down the lake in the evening.

1jeffgignac    7

@freddiefokker, check the link below. These bulbs are a direct replacement for each of the housings shown in the link. 

Red Led courtesy replacement bulb

Now I need to pop out the bulbs on each side illuminating the cup holders to see which bulb that is. Compatible red LEDs for this style bulb anyone?

5d4314bfe1c7a_SideCubbyLedLight.jpg.65842bdf169e916dc3ad394801928283.jpg