Dale

Tower speakers for the Evolution tower

Dale    0

What are the best speakers to use with the evolution tower on an Enzo 240?

post-26-1204817512_thumb.jpg

smitty    0

I just added two sets of these last weekend, had to modify the mounting holes a little the illusion x mounting holes are spaced apart about a 1/4" more than the evolution. Other than that I think they look sweet (although I have not heard them yet)... According the the seller he has adapter brackets for the evolution, but they are extra $$$

http://cgi.ebay.com/Malibu-Illusion-X-Wake...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dale    0

I looked at the ebay link and it looks like they are selling enclosures but giving you a choice of speakers. Are they 6" or 8"? What speakers work best?

Is this typical of how tower speakers are sold? i.e. enclosure seperate from the speaker.

smitty    0

They might be Audioformz they are aluminum not the plastic ones, they did not have a mfg on the boxes, mine came with polk DB651's I think you can get the rockford's aswell.

1ftWonder    0
They might be Audioformz they are aluminum not the plastic ones, they did not have a mfg on the boxes, mine came with polk DB651's I think you can get the rockford's aswell.

The AudioFormz that I saw were made out of fiberglass must not be them unless they have changed construction method.

smitty    0

That's why I got these instead I was not sure how well the fiberglass would hold up...

Dale    0

Are the Wetsounds Pro 80 speakers a good choice? Is there a reason to have two pair or is one adequate?

Is there a better choice?

Earl    0

The Wet Sounds Pro-60's fit in factory I am almost positive. They are loud, but if powered/tuned right they sound great with a minimal footprint above your head. I hate the idea of bowling balls hanging down too.

8tens    3

Dale-One pair of PRO-60's are definetely adequate to get plenty of sound to the rider at 80'. The do not quite fit into factory locations (just a little off) but I believe Wetsounds makes an adapter for evolution tower. I may be a little biased, bit you can never have enough speakers in your boat, so you should definetely get a couple pair :p

WakeDoc    471

You can not go wrong with the Wet Sounds, have you made your decision yet?

solflower    0
What are the best speakers to use with the evolution tower on an Enzo 240?

Is it just me or all those tower speaker pretty insanely overpriced... I've bought pro studio reference powered monitors for way less.... Are there any reasonably priced evo tower speakers that sound good? Am i missing something or is $899 for a pair of 2 decent speakers in metal enclosures kind of crazy?

WakeDoc    471
Is it just me or all those tower speaker pretty insanely overpriced... I've bought pro studio reference powered monitors for way less.... Are there any reasonably priced evo tower speakers that sound good? Am i missing something or is $899 for a pair of 2 decent speakers in metal enclosures kind of crazy?

Which speakers are you refering to?

smitty    0

Hey don't over exhagerate the the pro 60's are only $799!!! It's the 80's that are $899!!! ;)

Dale    0

I finally got around to having the tower speakers installed. I bought the Wetsounds Pro 80's (one pair) and had them installed with an Alpine amp that delivers 300 watts to each speaker. They sound great and have all the horsepower any reasonable family guy (like myself) could want!!

So far, my only issue is they have wobbled/bounced loose. I think the installer was reluctant to over tighten the mounting bolt because the tower is made of cast aluminum and might easily strip the threads.

Does anyone have experience with stripping out bolts in the evolution tower? Or, can I tighten away?

Thanks

duramat    462

Smitty those look good. :good:

smitty    0
I finally got around to having the tower speakers installed. I bought the Wetsounds Pro 80's (one pair) and had them installed with an Alpine amp that delivers 300 watts to each speaker. They sound great and have all the horsepower any reasonable family guy (like myself) could want!!

So far, my only issue is they have wobbled/bounced loose. I think the installer was reluctant to over tighten the mounting bolt because the tower is made of cast aluminum and might easily strip the threads.

Does anyone have experience with stripping out bolts in the evolution tower? Or, can I tighten away?

Thanks

I tightened mine down pretty good, but I'm sure they don't weigh quite as much as the wetsounds. Maybe try a little locktite and retighten them?

Thanks duramat! I like them...

tgaugh    2

smitty is right, but be careful with the loctite - make sure you can get it off and use the right color!

Kevdawg62    0

So I bought the PRO 80x's and got them yesturday opened the box these things are enourmous! So I bought the evolution brackets and i cant figure out how the heck these things are going to hook to my tower if anyone has ever installed these please send me some pictures I called wetsounds, not sure if i didnt explain myself well or what but two people couldnt help me and they said i'd need to have someone call me back! Please help i want to get them on by tomorrow for this weekend!