Bigcatpt    408

A few pics from our family trip to Lake Powell last week. Air temps 95ish, water temps 80, great sunsets, awesome rainstorms causing hundreds of waterfalls off the canyon walls, fun surfing with lots of newbys learning to ride ropeless, incredible scenery, and all around fun time! Notice the pictograph on the wall (the guy on the right was proud of his manhood) LMAO!

post-188-1279226590_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226597_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226618_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226837_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226845_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226855_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226868_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226886_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226902_thumb.jpg

post-188-1279226923_thumb.jpg

No more MO :censored: PO for me. But I do have to say it's a hard day in the office, in the California delta. It's going to be a perfect 90 today and 77 in the water. :surfing2: I'm going to ride for my first time today (behind a boat). I grew up ocean surfing always looking for the endless wave.

post-1400-1279208593_thumb.jpg

You are so right Tinsley Island!!!! And that funny other boat is my other toy. 20 Min from my house but it feels like I'm in Hawaii.

I just went surfing. SOoo much fun, but after looking at those wave pics I think I need to do some tweaking to my set up. I got up first try and rode backside on the port wave slapped the lip, had a few floaters but that was it. It was a quick set just wanted to see if my fat sacs were working.

post-1400-1279224239_thumb.jpg

Almost forgot MO FO PO.... My other boat I picked up in Florida had the bridge removed put it on a truck and shipped it to San Francisco, put the bridge back on and dropped it in the water. Buying a boat is fun if you want it to be.

So Jbird - I was a member of the St.FYC 20+ years ago when I raced for them; Look at the Jr. Yatchsman of the year trophy or google it from the St. Francisc YC and you'll see my name from 1988 or 1989. I raced lasers and Finns for them years ago, was a 2 time member of the US Sailing Team too and competed in 2 Olympic Trials (88,92). I would teach sailing at Tinsley Island during a few weeks each summer and race the Nagy Team Races there too.

Such great, fond memories of that place. In the world there is only one!

T

islander033    2

Some pics from today

post-115-1279230300_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230312_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230324_thumb.jpg

post-115-1279230336_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230349_thumb.jpg

Cool pics everyone! Keep them coming :surfing2:

Edited by islander033

Some pics from today

post-115-1279230300_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230312_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230324_thumb.jpg

post-115-1279230336_thumb.jpgpost-115-1279230349_thumb.jpg

Cool pics everyone! Keep them coming :surfing2:

How did you start/stop with your son? I asked Rylin if he wanted to try that, he said "yes, yes, with NO rope", then he asked if you fell. Awesome pics. I'm hoping to make it out Saturday if the weather holds...I NEED to get a board or two from you before I leave Sunday for vacay.

islander033    2
How did you start/stop with your son? I asked Rylin if he wanted to try that, he said "yes, yes, with NO rope", then he asked if you fell. Awesome pics. I'm hoping to make it out Saturday if the weather holds...I NEED to get a board or two from you before I leave Sunday for vacay.

Regular start in the water with him between my legs and his feet on the board.......the you either fall in or sink into the water on the stop. The kids don't always like the stop....lol.

The weather is spose to be awesome for Saturday....until the weather man screws it up....again... :surfing2:

Tonight's surf action.

We tried out some filming action tonight by pulling a tube with my daughter on it with a video camera. It was a lot of drag and smushed the wave a bit but I am looking forward to seeing what the video, from that angle, looks like.

T

post-533-1279250464_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279250538_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279250658_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279250676_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279250711_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279250728_thumb.jpg

Bongo Fury    640

Great stuff Trevor!!!

duramat    462

Big C, BEAUTIFUL PICS!!! When am I going to get into that "circle of friends" of yours?? Looks like you guys had fun! :thumbsup:

Trev, AWESOME PICS AS WELL!! :thumbup:

Islander, that pic of your boy riding around your neck is says your kING! That little boy is trusting of ya fo sho!!

Edited by duramat

And here is the chase video. Piper was on the tube and filmed as Sue road....kind of a cool perspective.

T

rizza32    0

Bigcat those pics of Powell are awsome.

Bigcatpt    408
Bigcat those pics of Powell are awsome.

Thanks Dura and Rizza. Its really hard to beat the awesome natural beauty of that place. Awe inspiring! And to just go and live in it on a houseboat for 6 days is amazing. Waking up to the most stunning red cliffs and blue water and going to bed to the endless expanses of stars! :thumbsup::thumbup:

Bigcatpt    408

Trev that "tube video platform" is pretty cool! Too bad the sun angle washed out most of the action. That has some potential!

duramat    462

Again,,,how do I get into your circle of friends!! LOL

I may be heading down there next month with a buddy who has a Houseboat,,waiting to see........

Bigcatpt    408
Again,,,how do I get into your circle of friends!! LOL

I may be heading down there next month with a buddy who has a Houseboat,,waiting to see........

You are already in my circle of boating friends. Just not the innermost circle... LOL. The only way to get in there is to be invited by my wife. She decides who goes on the Lake Powell trip each year.

Edited by Bigcatpt

duramat    462

Does she like chocolate?? Flowers?? HELP A BROTHA OUT!! LMAO

Trev that "tube video platform" is pretty cool! Too bad the sun angle washed out most of the action. That has some potential!

Thanks Steve - I think we'll try it again and apply some lessons learned. Seems like it could be a pretty cool vid.

T