Yeah what H said...my thread not good enough LOL ;)

I didn't know where to start it so I put in in the Watersports section...started July 1, 5 pages deep.

Great photos btw.

T

h20king    794

with summer happening everywhere and as many crew members as there are we should be able to make a pic thread longer than as the prop spins staring MO FO PO

BigCat, I see you posting again. Are you back from lake powel? You lucky dog (or Cat)!! The best pics are always from powell so lets see em!! :thumbsup:

I'm heading to flaming gorge tonight so hopefully i'll have some to post when I get back. Hopefully I'll be able to get some surfing in. I'm going with the in-laws and they mostly slalom so hopefully I can get someone to take a few surf sets with me. :wallbash:

h20king    794

nice you got me I went to look for this thread and I was like WTF it's gone took a few to find it good one

Bigcatpt    408
BigCat, I see you posting again. Are you back from lake powel? You lucky dog (or Cat)!! The best pics are always from powell so lets see em!! :clapping:

Powell was amazing as always. Need to upload pics!

Tonights surf action. Second night riding the Shred Stixx Piranha. It is a cool board, lots more work than the Red Woody but it performs more like what I was looking for; hard, quick cutting. Cannot wait to get a big crew on board, adding 1000 more pounds. The wave will be epic and the board shreading.

T

post-533-1279167331_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167355_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167411_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167427_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167457_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167476_thumb.jpg

post-533-1279167506_thumb.jpg

jbird21    0

No more MO :angry: PO for me. But I do have to say it's a hard day in the office, in the California delta. It's going to be a perfect 90 today and 77 in the water. :clapping: I'm going to ride for my first time today (behind a boat). I grew up ocean surfing always looking for the endless wave.

post-1400-1279208593_thumb.jpg

No more MO :censored: PO for me. But I do have to say it's a hard day in the office, in the California delta. It's going to be a perfect 90 today and 77 in the water. :surfing2: I'm going to ride for my first time today (behind a boat). I grew up ocean surfing always looking for the endless wave.

post-1400-1279208593_thumb.jpg

Your boat looks so much better without that huge freakin eye sore sticker on there. Question is, Whos boat are you tied up to?

Dude - is that Tinsley Island?

edit: sorry, Jbird21 - I thought I quoted your string. I was refering to the pic of your boat in the water.

T

Edited by Trevor Gleadhill

duffymahoney    10

Here are a couple more from sunday. Gotta love morning sesh!

post-350-1279214429_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214439_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214447_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214454_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214463_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214471_thumb.jpg

post-350-1279214478_thumb.jpg

LakeSurfer    10

We went surfing Wed night. Here are a few pics of my buddy (1st time he got off of the rope). Water was a little choppy when we got out (wave pic) but wind died down and was class when the sun started to go down.

post-465-1279220332_thumb.jpg

post-465-1279220348_thumb.jpg

post-465-1279220364_thumb.jpg

post-465-1279220430_thumb.jpg

post-465-1279220485_thumb.jpg

LakeSurfer    10
Jeff - the wave looks great. Cannot wait to ride it next month :surfing2:

What weight and speed?

T

1,200lbs Avy Sac (surf side)

400lbs Surf side seat (push towards window)

750lbs Back seat pushed over to surf side

250lbs Center tank

400lbs bow

3,000 Total

11.7 mph

Love the wave, ton of push. When I ride, I dont come within 7ft of the swim and can ride as far back as 20ft. For reference, the guy in the pic is over 6ft goes about 220lbs and I took the pics while I was driving the boat.

Note: this wave is very long and I only run this much weight with a few adults (running about 2 inches above the run rail). I adjust weight down when I add adults. I get a really nice "family" wave with just the 1,200lbs, 400lbs surf seat, 250lbs bow, kids on back seat surf side at 11.2mph and skim at 10.5 mph. Weight in the bow really lengthens is out but knocks the height down a little.

Edited by LakeSurfer

jbird21    0
Dude - is that Tinsley Island?

edit: sorry, Jbird21 - I thought I quoted your string. I was refering to the pic of your boat in the water.

T

You are so right Tinsley Island!!!! And that funny other boat is my other toy. 20 Min from my house but it feels like I'm in Hawaii.

I just went surfing. SOoo much fun, but after looking at those wave pics I think I need to do some tweaking to my set up. I got up first try and rode backside on the port wave slapped the lip, had a few floaters but that was it. It was a quick set just wanted to see if my fat sacs were working.

post-1400-1279224239_thumb.jpg

Almost forgot MO FO PO.... My other boat I picked up in Florida had the bridge removed put it on a truck and shipped it to San Francisco, put the bridge back on and dropped it in the water. Buying a boat is fun if you want it to be.

JBird - That looks like an 35 footer Carver I think, and hauling that from FL to CA was a task in itself. I am sure that ran you about $1,200.00 to get there.

PO - See it can be done.

jbird21    0

Close. It's a 44' Sea Ray. I'm trying to get a crew to go ride this massive wave. Don't mind the diesel exhaust, but I think we could even long board the second wave. It spits up about a 5' wake.

now that I saw my wake in a photo :surfing2: ....