poosie    7

currently am running a acme 231 13 x 12.5 .080 cup LH prop. I think this prop was stock on the 2004 lightning. was out last weekend weighted down pretty good and had the throttle buried to maintain speed with pp at 11.5mph. would like to get more power and will sacrifice speed. any recomendations?

Sloner3020    0

Depends on your elevation, ballast, etc. Please give a bit more information. Surely there is a solution!! :thumbsup: I currently run about 2200# of ballast with 4-6 people on the boat at around 3500 ft. I run ACME 911 and have no problems. This is what I would suggest.

Edited by Sloner3020

Bigcatpt    408

You are running the 1:1 transmission in that year boat. So to increase 1 pitch you would go to a 653 or 525 which are both an 11.5 pitch. Then to change two degree's of pitch you would to to a 911 which is a 10.5 pitch.

Each degree pitch change will probably buy you 1 to 1 1/2 MPH at full throttle when fully loaded for surfing.

For example. I started out with a 653. I am running 2200# of ballast and usually 3-4 people in my Avy. I am running at 4600 feet elevation. At full throttle I could only get up to 10.5 mph. I changed to the 911 and now at full throttle I can get up to 12 mph. At a lower elevation (2000 feet) I can get up to 14.5 mph with the 911 and same ballast set up.

For each degree of pitch you drop you will usually lose about 2 mph top end speed....

Hope that helps!