Big Po

Possibly Good News!

WakeDoc    471

I know exactly what you mean, I seem to have been collecting wakesurf boards the last couple of years... :thumbsup:

Big Po    1

Yeah, I'm with both of yall....I am also one of those "impulsive buyers" and "compulsive buyers". If I see it and it's cool.....I gotta have it. If I see it, think it's cool, and don't have a use for it.....I still gotta have it! LOL!

Well, you could always eleviate your collection of surfboards Doc and send one my way....... :thumbsup:

LOL!!!

I would say let's trade...but I don't get rid of guns. I just keep adding more and more. The only ones that have slipped through my fingers are 4 long guns that got stolen from me back in September 2008 while I was out of town. Someone broke in my shop, and took them and alot of my tools and stuff. Insurance really f***ed me over bad, and I'm not sure who is the bigger thief......The insurance company or the actual thieves???

Anyway, it was a bad situation, and 2 of the 4 had sentimental value, and 1 was virtually irreplaceable...and the scope on one of them WAS irreplaceable.

Nick    0

looks like a beauty check progressive my insurance is like 166 a year

enzo101mo    98

Big Po: I'll be in Alabama on the 4th of July at Lake Martin at my brothers house. Do you go to Lake Martin?

Big Po    1

Yes sir! that's where my lakehouse is. We should hook up and drink a few "beverages"...Maybe yall can show us Alabama boys how to wakesurf. Cause I know I sure as hell don't know how! LOL!!!!

Which side of the lake is his house on? Mine is on the Eclectic side closeest to Anchor Bay Marina.

Edited by Big Po

Big Po    1

Anybody wanna chat? I'm in the chat room if yall care to join.

Big Po    1

Actually guys, I gotta run for today....I got some things to check on. Hopefully I've have good news tomorrow.

Oh, and Enzo, about the 4th of July.....Shoot me a PM and we'll get together when you're down.

enzo101mo    98

He lives accross kind of from the Northshore Condo to the south on Riverwood Lane. Also One of Russell marine is nearby.

That would be great hook up and he just bought a 2011 Enzo 230 last summer.

Big Po, where in AL do you live? I am in ATL, so I am kinda close to the boarder.

Big Po    1

Yeah, I still don't know anything for sure yet, but I'm hoping to get it settled tonight.

I'll let yall know how it goes.

Yeah, we'll have to get together. Unfortunately, Russel Marine owns like 4 Marinas on the lake, so I am not really sure where he lives. We'll definitely get together. We'll just have to figure out a meeting point and when.

enzo101mo    98

I not know the lake very well I want to say he is near lands in marina butnot sure. yes we I let you know after I talk to him this weeked.

Big Po    1

Sounds good Enzo.

Well, on to a different note....I haven't made much progress, but I have made some forward steps. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to make a few more steps forward.

I finally got my truck paid off, so now I should be able to focus the proper funds to be able to afford a nice boat like this, but get it paid for in half the loan time, so I cut down on interest. The only issue I am facing now is how to get enough money saved up very quickly (before it gets sold) for the down payment. Other than that...Getting the loan is not a big deal. It's finding one with a low enough interest rate that I can live with that's proving to be the hard part. LOL!

Anybody got any suggestions / recommendation or do we have any site sponsering banks or credit unions specifically for Centurion boats?

What's the average going APR % rate right now for used boats?

Edited by Big Po

Joe B    17

Navy credit union has always had the lowest rates when I've shopped for big things. Take a look at their website.

WakeDoc    471

Go to Centurionboats.com look towards the bottom of the site, there is a link to financing. We have high credit ratings and came in around 8% when we purchased the 2010. Also consider that you don’t have to have a huge down payment necessarily, take the money as you get it and pay it towards the principle and pay the loan off early.

Big Po    1

Well, I'm not Navy.....don't you have to be military to use them?

Also, Doc, does Centurion offer loan help for used boats, too? I need to get the best interest rate I can. I plan to double-up no payments to get it payed off quickly...but I also would like to find a bank that will loan 100% instead of 90%, b/c of the large downpayment needed.

I was just gonna see if yall had any recommendations for good banks to use for boat loans with low rates.

elc    2

The guy that bought my boat financed it through Navy Credit union. I believe he was in the army.

His rate was around 6% and they gave him 100% financing.

My credit union was 6.5% (earlier this year) but I put a lot down (40%)... and they would only finance a new boat.

I would try your local credit unions to see what options they have.

jlhenry1    1

I just got my boat 5 weeks ago, financed through Bank of America and got 6.3%, had to put down 10%.

Big Po    1

Did you buy your's new JHenry1?

The problem is not paying 10% down....It's me saving up $4,500 for the down payment before they sell the boat to someone else. And that's whats killing me.

BTW, was at the lake this weekend and we decided to drive to a few marinas on the lake. Both owned by Russell Marine (River North Marina is Alex City, and Kowliga Marina in Eclectic) and both had new Centurions. Kowliga had a 2010 Centurion Avalanche C4 and they wanted $67,995 ON SALE!!! I was like WTF is going on??? Can you say, price gauging?????!!!!!!

This is why I won't just buy a new one from my local Centurion dealer.

Hey WakeDoc....Do you know if Centurion's financial people will finance used boats?

Big Po    1

Still nothing as of this morning....The waiting game is tough.

Big Po    1

They told me to make the guy an offer....

I was planning on it anyway....b/c I never pay asking price for anything.

What would be the MOST you would pay for this boat. Remember, the guy from Centurion said it was decked-out as much as you can get. Upgraded motor, everything.

NADA says it's worth $50K-$55K.

What would yall offer the guy?

Here's the ad: http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-SKI...0-Enzo-95824455

Thanks,

Po

Edited by Big Po