Totalperformance

Could use some info on fat sacs

I have a 08 Avy C4 and I am looking to add a few fat sacs plus keeping my stock ballast/manual wakeplate for better surfing. I was thinking if I could place one in the rear starboard locker and one in the bow on the seat . Would that be a good idea, and what size of sacs, pump, and fittings would you recommend. I would like to keep it portable so I can use them on my freinds boat as well.

Thanks

cheep and easy install: FH 1100 jumbo sac. it takes up the entire locker and you still keep your storage.

the only problem is how long it takes to fill it.

i have it in my 07 avy, yanked the hard starboard tank and put that it.

dont even worry about the bow yet, just put the wake plate down. if anything put that 400 on the starboard seat, youll get a pretty good lean.

if you want portable then go with the tsunami 1200 gph that way they fill/drain fast!

ill be posting a thread of my memorial day weekend with about 2200 lbs of ballast [[people]]

wave = epic!

hope this helps!

kmoney    2

im gonna go the cheapest route and add sandbags. i got a military duffle bag to hold the spillage. no fill time and a lot cheaper than the sacs/pump/fittings. i know some people dont like this idea, but 500#s of sand is $40.

cheep and easy install: FH 1100 jumbo sac. it takes up the entire locker and you still keep your storage.

the only problem is how long it takes to fill it.

i have it in my 07 avy, yanked the hard starboard tank and put that it.

dont even worry about the bow yet, just put the wake plate down. if anything put that 400 on the starboard seat, youll get a pretty good lean.

if you want portable then go with the tsunami 1200 gph that way they fill/drain fast!

ill be posting a thread of my memorial day weekend with about 2200 lbs of ballast [[people]]

wave = epic!

hope this helps!

That's my setup, an 1100 in the rear port locker, and a 400 on the seat and a brick on the swim platform. Works well, but will likely get something else for under the port seat in case the wife doesn't bring too much "luggage" to store under the seat. By luggage, I mean things to keep the kids busy.

Tsunami pump really only takes 10-15 mins to fill all of them.

im gonna go the cheapest route and add sandbags. i got a military duffle bag to hold the spillage. no fill time and a lot cheaper than the sacs/pump/fittings. i know some people dont like this idea, but 500#s of sand is $40.

That's a lot of extra weight to be hauling around if you have a commute to the lake. Get the 1100 and 400 and a pump for under $500.

DarksideR    1,679

Don't forget, you're also putting a bunch more stress on your trailer by doing this, AND it's on one side. Check out the crew deals on flyhigh products. Really good pricing, shipped to your door!

I am also looking at a new avelanche c4 and need to add weight in the back for surfing, I was advised that two 750lb bags with pump would be the best way to go, any coments on if this will be enought weight?

Bigcatpt    408
I am also looking at a new avelanche c4 and need to add weight in the back for surfing, I was advised that two 750lb bags with pump would be the best way to go, any coments on if this will be enought weight?

For surfing I would go with the 1100 lb jumbo sacs for the rear lockers or if you really want to go big then get the custom Avy sacs for the rear lockers and under the side seats...

The 750's would be fine for boarding but you will want to really fill up those back lockers with the 1100's to build a good wave for surfing...

WakeDoc    471

^^^2ND^^^

The 1100 are not that much more and 350lbs. more ballast and keep in mind that you do not have to fill them all the way if you need a little room or are wakeboarding.

Bigcatpt    408
Perfect, thanks guys, next question, is perfect pass a must?

YES......... and they lived happily ever after........the end

Edited by Bigcatpt

Kyle    0

Maybe, maybe not. I don't have it, yet. It just means the Driver is gonna be a little more busy. I am planning on adding in the future though

thanks guys

i'm going with 1100 and 750 lbs sac, and fill them with a tsunami pump.

next will be a new prop , and then speakers, amps, lights, etc - anyone have a money tree in there back yard i can pick some from?

DarksideR    1,679

Where are you in the 604 area?

Could use one of them money trees as well about now!

Where are you in the 604 area?

I'm in Vancouver. Where do you go to ride? We have been on Pitt river a few time so far.

Edited by Totalperformance

thanks guys

i'm going with 1100 and 750 lbs sac, and fill them with a tsunami pump.

next will be a new prop , and then speakers, amps, lights, etc - anyone have a money tree in there back yard i can pick some from?

sounds good. just put that 750 on the back seat, starboard side, trim tab down [[usually]] and everyone on the starboard side and then on the back bench seat.

your wave should be epic!

Foiler    1

Yes!!! I consider perfect pass a must. If you don't have it then you better have one dang good driver that is willing to be the only one to pull you all the time. My wife sometimes has trouble hitting the Perfect pass set speed or not shooting way past it before it takes over, I can't even imagine how crazy it would be trying to maintain a constant speed. I would rather have my old I/O with perfect pass then my new boat without it!!

Wiggles    2
I'm in Vancouver. Where do you go to ride? We have been on Pitt river a few time so far.

We are out on the River all the time, well that is if the weather would start co-operating, what color is your boat TP???

Wiggles

We are out on the River all the time, well that is if the weather would start co-operating, what color is your boat TP???

Wiggles

Black with purple ovation. I haven't seen you or DarksideR out there yet but I will keep an eye out for you guys.

post-884-1277144249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Totalperformance

Wiggles    2

Nice, yeah I think Dark likes riding allouette right now cause I told him he should get the tour of the bad spots on the river first, but we are out there all the time, I'm actually thinking of going for a surf today after work if this overcast doesn't turn ugly...

W