poosie    7

installed pp this last spring and had been out 1 time prior to this last weekend. the first time out had 1 other person in boat boarding/surfing. over the weekend i had more people more ballast (that new 1100 fat sac is monster) in boat and seemed to be surging more to the point where the wakes for both were very inconsistant. thought maybe had too much weight or possible the load shifting around as the majority of riders were kids. any suggestions or ideas would be great. thanks

MANDC    0

Mine too. Never been able to get it not to surge even in rpm mode. Maybe we can get some good info. to fix it.

bobback    3

Does it surge when only wakeboarding? Or does it also surge for surfing?

Mine surge's when wakeboarding, but not surfing.

I'm thinking it's normal since pp is not tied into the engine like a cruise control is...any thoughts on this?

MANDC    0

both for mine.

poosie    7

i had inconsistant wakes for both over the weekend but i think an adjustment to the KWD on the control will help. this makes it react slower so it can dial into the speed easier. I thought it would be better as it is gps based. will contact pp

volzalum    280

If it is wakeboard pro, make sure the paddle wheel is perfectly aligned with the boat. If it is stargazer or wakeboard pro make sure that the l connector is tight against the throttle cable when in neutral. Even a small gap there will enable the engine to surge. My 2007 Enzo 216 did this with wakeboard pro and tightening the connection and aligning the paddlewheel fixed it. Then the upgrade to stargazer got the speed to hold within about .2 mph even when turning.

poosie    7

Volz thanks for the input. i have the stargazer and adjusted the kwd from 90 to 80 but havnt bee able to try out. will be on water this weekend. also had 2500# of ballast in boat and wake seemed worse off than when i had 2000# is it possible to have to much weight? 2004 lightning

islander033    2
Volz thanks for the input. i have the stargazer and adjusted the kwd from 90 to 80 but havnt bee able to try out. will be on water this weekend. also had 2500# of ballast in boat and wake seemed worse off than when i had 2000# is it possible to have to much weight? 2004 lightning

More weight requires a higher KWD setting.

"KDW (Throttle Pull Rate) – KDW can be changed using up or down keys. The higher the value, the more aggressive the control. Heavy boats may need higher values. Factory setting is about 80. Normal range is 80 – 200."

I've got mine set at 180 for surfing.

Edited by islander033

poosie    7

thanks islander im going to load up with 2200# plus crew and try differant settings. do you use the 180 for boarding as well. we do 1/2 and 1/2. thanks

islander033    2
thanks islander im going to load up with 2200# plus crew and try differant settings. do you use the 180 for boarding as well. we do 1/2 and 1/2. thanks

I don't wakeboard very much anymore, but when I do, I don't mess with the settings and it seems to be fine.

Bigcatpt    408
More weight requires a higher KWD setting.

"KDW (Throttle Pull Rate) – KDW can be changed using up or down keys. The higher the value, the more aggressive the control. Heavy boats may need higher values. Factory setting is about 80. Normal range is 80 – 200."

I've got mine set at 180 for surfing.

Note to self*********check KDW settings next time on the boat********end of note to self

Thanks Islander

poosie    7

ok I'll try to post some pics next week.

Note to self*********check KDW settings next time on the boat********end of note to self

Thanks Islander

werd!

T