Evilnss

Looking at this used Centurion...

Evilnss    0

So I found a 2001 Centurion Elite BR 21ft. Very cheap in price. The only problem is due to the HUGE amount of snow we got over the winter here in the DC area the windshield was crush, along with the waketower. The fiberglass is to be in good shape. but those would have to be replaced. and the block is cracked on the motor.

I'm a seadoo guy, and ive have no problem working on my seadoo at my home (replacing wear rings, PTO's, working on motor stuff here and there. I just never got into pulling a motor or anything.

My question is how much would i be looking at to have the block replaced and the motor rebuilt? and good websites out there as far as parts goes?

Thanks,

John

fastjohnny    0

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/boa/1688074073.html

I'm doubtful snow caused that, maybe a tree fell on it. What happened to the original trailer?

I think that is going to be a costly fix unless you can come across used parts of which I don't have a good source.

If you're close to it, take a good look and post pics of what you find. I like a project as well, but just be careful, I'd ask lots of questions, and look it over really well.

Joe B    17

I don't think it would be worth it. $1-2k for a tower, $1-2k for a windsheild, $2k+ for a block and rebuild. The higher amounts are for new, lower if you can find That boat at a junkyard.

GreatLakesSkipper has things that MIGHT fit your boat - measure twice: http://greatlakesskipper.com/products.php?...mp;x=8&y=13

$1800 for the windsheild, $1k for tower.

Also you might get a bimini, and cover so that adds up

Auldman    0

My $.02...If the block is cracked then you really should worry about all items that hold water...pumps, hoses etc. Plus I would bet the heads are also worthless so you are looking at really a complete replacement. The hard thing is that you have no way to test what works and what doesn't until you replace the motor which is $$$$. I also agree w\ \Weekender on the tree. I can't begin to imagine how much snow you would need to crush a tower. Plus snow doesn't put kinks into a windshield aluminum like that . It would maybe break the glass and pull the screws out of the fiberglass. Living in snow county I can tell you that you need alot of snow even to cause that. THough I guess with an unsupported cover you would need less before you caused damage you still need a pretty large amount to crush the windshield supports. Still, I vote against....too many unknowns.

not sure the price of a new block but in my area i race dirt cars and know the prices i pay for motor work.if you removed and dismantled the motor your self and brought it in with a new block you might get away with $1500 in machine work,as long as all other parts are good.assembly should run some where around $500,gasket set probably around $150-200.while its apart you might as well do new piston rings and mains,another lets say around $$550.these are just estimates prices will vary.you can save by using all your old parts but while its apart you might as well rebuild right.i would say you would have min. $3000 into it,plus tower,windshield,etc....i would say this br is headed for a visit to davy jones locker,imo.you could save alot of time and money by just buying one turn key.also i live in ca,but how does the weight of snow crush a tower,hum........ :thumbsup:

$4000 is a good price but,i would part it out not rebuild:

$2000 trailer

$1500+ interior

$$1000+ in motor stuff

$$1000+ in misc stuff ie:cables,pumps,tanks,gauges,etc....

you do the math

Edited by dirtracer27x

fastjohnny    0
My $.02...If the block is cracked then you really should worry about all items that hold water...pumps, hoses etc. Plus I would bet the heads are also worthless so you are looking at really a complete replacement. The hard thing is that you have no way to test what works and what doesn't until you replace the motor which is $$$$. I also agree w\ \Weekender on the tree. I can't begin to imagine how much snow you would need to crush a tower. Plus snow doesn't put kinks into a windshield aluminum like that . It would maybe break the glass and pull the screws out of the fiberglass. Living in snow county I can tell you that you need alot of snow even to cause that. THough I guess with an unsupported cover you would need less before you caused damage you still need a pretty large amount to crush the windshield supports. Still, I vote against....too many unknowns.

Hey freshfish, who you callin weekender? (JK, LOL)

If the hull is in good shape, it'd be fun to fix, but there are so many variables that can either make it a good deal or a really bad deal. As far as cost goes, I think the biggest ???? is the w/sh and tower availability on the used market. Engine should be easier to ballpark.

David    0

I wonder how the running gear is underneath the boat is. This boat could have shaft damage or a bent rudder and tracking fins. I would also check for water damage to the electrical system. Gel coat will tent to crack over time after a hard impact, so you might develop some spider wed cracks later down the road. Not to mention any unseen structural damage.

I would be very leery of something like this you could end up throwing away alot of money just to get it sea worthy. In the end wouldn’t you end up with a boat with a branded title?

Auldman    0
Hey freshfish, who you callin weekender? (JK, LOL)

If the hull is in good shape, it'd be fun to fix, but there are so many variables that can either make it a good deal or a really bad deal. As far as cost goes, I think the biggest ???? is the w/sh and tower availability on the used market. Engine should be easier to ballpark.

errrr....guess I am not very fast,johnny. Sorry! I blame global warming!

fastjohnny    0
errrr....guess I am not very fast,johnny. Sorry! I blame global warming!

No apology necessary, all in good humor!

dont do it.

after you fix it and make it runable, you would have spent enough money to buy a better boat with no damage or stress of having to replace.