CdnWakesurfr

06 Avalanche Boat Cover

I just bought my first Centurion, an awesome '06 Avy. I need a boat cover to protect it from the elements when it's sitting in my driveway. I'm considering a Westland, any recommendations? I'm a bit new to the wake boat including towers...is mine a Skylon Tribal Tower?

Thanks!

Heps

post-1104-1270429657_thumb.jpg

Packrat    13

You bought a nice boat don't spoil it with an inexpensive cover. The westland are not waterproof and they don't breathe. You really need a boat cover made out of Sunbrella or similar product. They are expensive say $800 or so unless you can find a used one. Be sure to get gas flaps and consider a transom cover. A fitted cover fits like a glove and you don't need to use sticks unless it snows. You can even have a logo put on.

duramat    462

Custom Covers has a template for your set up call Justin. Sewlong.com

I need to visit him next time home and tell him he needs to pay for some advertisement on the site since I refer him so much

Bongo Fury    640

quote name='Packrat' date='Apr 4 2010, 08:12 PM' post='22022']

You bought a nice boat don't spoil it with an inexpensive cover. The westland are not waterproof and they don't breathe. You really need a boat cover made out of Sunbrella or similar product. They are expensive say $800 or so unless you can find a used one. Be sure to get gas flaps and consider a transom cover. A fitted cover fits like a glove and you don't need to use sticks unless it snows. You can even have a logo put on.

X2

Edited by Bongo Fury

Thanks everyone.

Bongo Fury, that's exactly what I'm looking for, where did you get it?

Packrat, any recommendations on company to provide a Sunbrella cover?

Can't wait for summer!

Troy    234

I will try and look tonight at my box that came with our cover. The cover came with our boat new and we have the same tower just brushed not painted. Oh and nice ride.

duramat    462

MY 2 CENTS.

My cover is sunbrella and its black. Centurion also uses some company as well for their covers and they are Sunbrella, (I have been told) also in Black. Why does Centurion use/recommend Sunbrella?? Could someone at the factory answer this?

The unique thing about Sunbrella is that the way that it is manufactured, there is to be no chance of Color Dye transfer from the cover to the vinyle. Centurion blames my cover (made of the same damn material that they use) themselves for their boats and for the damage to my vinyle. My cover guy blames the crappy vinyle that Centurion used. My issue with Centurion and my vinyle is not going away yet. and it will be continued to be addressed, till it finally gets resolved.

My point is, Black is a hot color. After this is all said and done and everyting is replaced, I will be switching to another color other than black for the mere sake of the heat that is generated with it. I would recommend a tan color or any other color that is not black. to lessen the chance of going through Hell of Centurions/ Shell's wrath and the heat stress generated.

Maybe Centurion should be the sole supplier of covers for their boats and work with dealers on this so there is absolutely no confusion over what covers are compatible and not compatible with Centurions cheap a$$ vinyl? Shells response is it is right there in the waranty when you buy the boat. Well guess what Shell, nobody including the Centurion rep at the boat show was there to address that concern of theirs to me or others at the time of buying it and nor did I see any paperwork of that disclosing that until after I had recieved my boat and and the bag of paperwork. The question is hey do you need a cover, and this is what is available and we like the quality of these. (As the Centurion Rep is in the background and says nothing) I know Im not the only one.

For the sake of preserving your vinyle I dont recommend the color Black in Sunbrella Period. Whether its a new boat or used. It may look better, but not worth it.

I think Centurion needs to work on this, and get better communication with all parties involved in the beginning before someone is told to take it in the end.

Brian, I appreciate the the hard efforts that you have put into with dealing with me and helping me address my issues. You have done more than what the factory/ Shell has. For that you have my respect and gratitude and anytime your my way in town by all means lets hook up and have some fun.

Im the biggest fan on this Brand of boats, Yet I will be vocal and critical if I see something that takes an excellent product down $hithole.

;)

Bongo Fury    640
Thanks everyone.

Bongo Fury, that's exactly what I'm looking for, where did you get it?

Packrat, any recommendations on company to provide a Sunbrella cover?

Can't wait for summer!

dkheppner, it came with my boat (after much delay). I am quite sure you can get it from Fineline. BTW...we put 303 on the cover for protection and it is holding up very well.

dkheppner, it came with my boat (after much delay). I am quite sure you can get it from Fineline. BTW...we put 303 on the cover for protection and it is holding up very well.

Do you have the same color leeching from the cover on your interior that duramat is describing?

Edited by dkheppner

dkheppner - Did you get/order your boat cover yet? I need one, and if there is at least 2 more boats that need a cover we could do a group buy at Evolution Cover.

"Volume Pricing

Price reductions year round!

Tell your friends or club members. Once you get a minimum of four confirmed orders, contact Evolution Covers to receive your volume pricing. "

Not yet. I'm waiting for Shel to return my call to Fineline :surfing2:

I would be interested in a volume order though. I am a bit worried that I get the wrong cover, no one can confirm if my tower is a Skylon Tribal. :crybaby:

I talked to Cory at EC, and here are some of the details:

- same colour for all 4 orders

- order at the same time

- only if the pattern is at the shop (does not have to be Centurion)

- approx 2 week lead time

- breathable

- towable

- no tax if out of state

- plus shipping

Edited by Totalperformance

Auldman    0

I be interested in being a part of an order for a new cover especially if we ordered a lighter color white, tan yellow etc. 06 Avalanche w\ Evolution

I be interested in being a part of an order for a new cover especially if we ordered a lighter color white, tan yellow etc. 06 Avalanche w\ Evolution

I initially wanted a grey cover but Cory suggested that it will look good for about a week then it starts to look bad with all the dirt. Black was suggested as it will look good for a long time and it won't get too hot because they are breathable.

Bongo Fury    640
Do you have the same color leeching from the cover on your interior that duramat is describing?

No, we have not had any color leaching of any kind anywhere, but the cover does get hot..... the boat and cover are almost three years old. As you can see in the photo my dock does not have a canopy on it (it will this year, getting bids right now!!!!). The boat is on the lift most of the summer (indoor storage in winter) and it takes a beating from the afternoon sun. As I mentioned, we use 303 on the cover, and keep the gelcoat freshly waxed.

Auldman    0

Thx dkheppner! I have a black lightweight mooring cover that is a nylon style but am looking for a more heavy duty cover and now Duramat has me worried I might run into issues this summer.

duramat    462

Auld, I started having issues after into my 2nd year of ownership. There are probably a thousand guys out there who may think Im smoking "silly cabbbage" and that Im up in the night. But with what Ive been through (Just my opinion) I wouldnt do black sunbrella or any other fabric in Black. The less Heat, the better. I even put white towels down as a buffer and that sorta helped but not really.

BTW, thats a beautiful looking boat, love the windows