Sign in to follow this  
Sloner3020

Adhesive for Slip Pad

Sloner3020    0

Anyone have any information regarding a good marine grade adhesive for the slip pad over my driver side locker? Last year it came up and I have still yet to sand all the left over glue off and try and replace the pad to its original position :crybaby: . I am weary of just applying any old glue so I wanted to see if any of you had run into this type of problem and where I could find an effective way of doing this?

Thanks for all your help upfront.

-Mark

h20king    794

I would think a good marine carpet glue would do the trick

Sloner3020    0

Thanks! I might just have to give that a shot. The last thing I want is for this thing to get wet and come up again!! Wife just nods her head and tells me ALL my $$ goes into the boat. Better the boat than her!!

Thanks again

h20king    794

guess I'm lucky the wife and I do the same thing for a living so are incomes are equal she is an enabler and helps fund our obsession now that I'm thinking about it she got the better end of the deal only paid half and I had to do all the work dang she got me again

WakeDoc    471

Look at the 3M product line.

WakeDoc    471

I don't remember the name but they make a marine grade that I have used in the past installing non-slip decking on a sailboat.

duramat    462

Sloaner good looking avatar pic!

Sloner3020    0

Hey thanks Duramat! This was taken at Elephant Butte Lake in Truth or Consequences after a long day of Surfing. Nothing like a COLD beer and a sunset like that.... Not many people are familiar with this area but it can be quite nice. Especially when the wind dies down!!!