Sign in to follow this  
smitty1258

wakeplate, is this right?

Bigshow    0

All wrong. the wake plate is supposed to stay still and the boat is supposed to move up and down:)

islander033    2
All wrong. the wake plate is supposed to stay still and the boat is supposed to move up and down:)

LOL...looks fine to me.

Wiggles    2

where or what site did you get the wakeplate.... Just curious this is something I'd Like to get for my boat as well....

WakeDoc    471

Hate to tell you this but, on our last boat the lips on my Bennet Trim Tab are up, not sure if yours should be. If you can adjust you might want the plate to come up a little higher. Overall very nice looking install... :thumbsup:

Foiler    1
Hate to tell you this but, on our last boat the lips on my Bennet Trim Tab are up, not sure if yours should be. If you can adjust you might want the plate to come up a little higher. Overall very nice looking install... :thumbsup:

The plate appears to be installed right. The sides bend down instead of up like on the Bennet. Not sure on your particular boat but on my boat and to surf you will want the plate to come up more and there are only two ways that you are going to make that happen. One is to raise the upper mount which is obviously not a good option and the other one is to get a longer plate such as a 12X12. If you had a standard mount 12x12 then you could move the lower mount forward or aft until you got it right where you want it however on your boat it may work like it is, you will just have to try it. Looks like it will be fine for boarding or rough water but with my boat the surf wake really gets washy when it is to low.

Dreamer    96

The Bennet trim tab on my SV230 only comes up enough to be parallel with the bottom of my hull as well. I have wondered if it can be modified to come up further for the surf wake without drilling new holes in the rear of the boat.

smitty1258    0
where or what site did you get the wakeplate.... Just curious this is something I'd Like to get for my boat as well....

It is old wake dudes wakeplate you can find it in the classifieds here in the forums.

Hate to tell you this but, on our last boat the lips on my Bennet Trim Tab are up, not sure if yours should be. If you can adjust you might want the plate to come up a little higher. Overall very nice looking install... :innocent:

Not sure I understand what you mean? Do you have a reference photo?

I posted this video because I wasnt sure if the plate when up enough.

islander033    2
Hate to tell you this but, on our last boat the lips on my Bennet Trim Tab are up, not sure if yours should be. If you can adjust you might want the plate to come up a little higher. Overall very nice looking install... :innocent:

Here is a pic from 600's install from Oldwakedudes power wake plate emporium.

post-115-1270609092_thumb.jpg

looks the same to me and it doesn't look like it can work when it is flipped the other way.

Edited by islander033