Colombian Surfer

Hey Fineline, What is going on with your Warranty Program?

I have the "bling Bling" package on my boat and notice that the chrome is becoming pitted and turning white as if it was corroding. I called my local dealer and told him about the ordeal and he stated, and I quote "Yes, we have heard and see that happening on some boats and yeah I think they need to be replaced". So my local dealer shoot s off an email to Fineline and Shell writes him back saying that the "Bling Bling package is only covered for a year". Now I do not know about the rest of you, but when I bought my boat I was told that everything was covered for 3 years, except oil, belts, fluids type stuff. Am I mislead or has anyone else been told this? Has this, the bling issue, happening to anyone else?

Kevin Baugh    78

I was told 1 year on most things

ILrider    0

The same thing is happening to most if not all of my chrome pieces, it seems to be the worst where the chrome and rubber pieces meet like on the transom and side boarding steps. I also have the bling bling package. I didn't think much about it at first but it is getting worse. I bought my boat last August so I am within one year but I haven't talked to my dealer about it so we'll see what they will do for me.

WakeDoc    471

When I had mine replaced I was told that the vendor that made the packages would only warrenty them for one year starting from the time of the original purchase of the boat.

Obviously what they have put on the boat is not going to cut it. I keep my boat in tip top shape and keep it inside and it still looks horrible. Mine was horrible with in 4 months of having the boat and that was during the winter. Mine is so bad that it has cut peoples feet where the flaking is happening..Now I did contact Brian Holland and Shell and they said to send them back and they would get mine fixed. I never did because here in florida we never really have a down season and I was using the boat a lot at the time and did not want half the boat with missing parts gone and it end up being 6 months or something dumb before I got them back.. They NEVER mentioned to me that the chrome bling had 1 year warranty....I am going to explore and have them stripped and see if they are aluminum and try to polish them. If not I am going to have them re powder coated or painted....Since my boat is red and black now i have to decided if all of the pieces are going to go back chrome or if I am going to change them to black

Carter13    69

My 05 has the bling package and it is in great shape. Everything is aluminum and not plated though.

hiflyer    0

all is good as well with my o5 enzo. I guess they should have stayed that way. Not as shinny as chrome, but no problems.

round2it    0

My bling is also aluminum (not plated). I thought Chrome would have been better for cleaning reasons. I guess not? Unfortunately, polishing my bling is not covered by warranty :crybaby:

Joe B    17

I have aluminum Bling. I do have some pits and stored indoors.

I was told 1year

3-years engine

lifetime hull and guages I think.

I don't know about the trailer, but I had an issue in less than a year covered.

I'll eventually replace without a coating (or mill the top off the current plates).

How often do you polish? I only do mine probably 3-4 times a year.