volzalum    280

I installed Shadow Casters today. I still need to wire them up, but I am waiting for the switch to show up. The install was fairly easy. On my boat I had to mount them a little higher than I wanted because of the solid floor. I have the wires coming through right at the floor inside.

post-555-1269063352_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063419_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063436_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063476_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063511_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063560_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063573_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063620_thumb.jpg post-555-1269063633_thumb.jpg

WakeDoc    471

WOW they look great, how big of a hole did they require for the wiring?

volzalum    280

3/8" all the way through, 5/8 " 3/4 inch deep. I put the 3/8: even with the floor and the 5/8" overlapping the 3/8" down. Picture 3 shows all of the holes needed per light. Now when my stainless turn down pipes show up it will look really good.

Edited by volzalum

MANDC    0

Those look great. when can you come to my house and put some in for me. lol

h20king    794
post-777-1269098596_thumb.jpgpost-777-1269098630_thumb.jpgglad to see all my mods inspire someone you will love the exhaust tips :hope:

volzalum    280

Yes on the tips. There was no way I could mount the lights that low on mine. The bilge recess is only 1 inch wider than the exhaust ports.

h20king    794

the recess is the same on mine as well if you look at my boat you will see are boats have the same hull just a different Muffin top one of the reasons I chose my lights was size so they could go as low as possible hoping the light will illuminate the wave they only required 1 3/8 hole the mounting screws dont go all the way through

WakeDoc    471

volzalum, at night when surfing/weighted on one side your wave will be lit up like Christmas... :hope:

I have been thinking about adding the shadow casters but it turns my stomach to put holes in my boat. How soon are you going to drop your boat in the water and get some night photos with your lights on? I would love to see photos of your surf at night :wallbash:

Did you choose blue because you are a Colts/Peyton Manning fan? :Rockon: GO COLTS !

volzalum, Where did you order your from? I have looked at them, but $599.00 each is a little hard to swallow. That would cost me $2400 in wife dollars!

volzalum    280

I hope to have the boat back in the water by Sunday of next weekend. I was on the water yesterday in a friends Xstar. The water temp was 51 degrees, and the drysuit worked great. Best price I found on them was suncoast marine, so that's where I purchased them. I chose Bimini Blue color because they are supposed to look the best in brown lake water which is the color of most of the lakes here in Knoxville. Drilling the hole is really no major deal.

post-555-1269182685_thumb.jpg

HOOGE    0
post-777-1269098596_thumb.jpgpost-777-1269098630_thumb.jpgglad to see all my mods inspire someone you will love the exhaust tips :crybaby:

are you happy w/ the way your lights are in the dark? I found a set of lumitec seablaze 3 lights for a great price. Very simalar to what u have. Then I look at those shadow-castor lights and think "those would be nice"!! Ill be happy w/ good!

HOOGE    0
volzalum, Where did you order your from? I have looked at them, but $599.00 each is a little hard to swallow. That would cost me $2400 in wife dollars!

i found the shadow castors lights for 518.00 at suncoast. still hard to swallow though. the had a pretty good selection to choose from. http://www.suncoastmarineelectronics.com/d...2554574_2984229 copy and paste this. theres 3 pages and 2 catagories to chooose from. hope this helps.

MANDC    0

Those lights look great. Great job on the 420 bracket you made.

duramat    462

Very nice indeed! SWEET INSTAL! :thumbsup:

volzalum    280

Thanks. I cut it out of some of the barrier board I removed to put the rear sacs in. I had some interior vinyl from a batch I bought about 10 years ago for an H1 Hummer I used to offroad. In case you can't tell, the two dots on the bracket are the audio in and out ports for the 420, and the bracket holds the microphone.

Oh yeah, the water pictures were in very brown water. You could only see about 2 feet into it in the sunlight.

Edited by volzalum

duffymahoney    10

Those are sweet! Can't wait to see surf pictures. My lake is crystal clear I hope my wave is all blue:)